Unlimited access >

Practical Protection for Private Parts - or - "Get Thee to a Nunnery"

artienallie… in the interest of the first amendment, and literary accuracy and all, perhaps you should divulge the other adjectives?

And you are right - Beezer should fess up. A BB full of rampant imaginations could be very dangerous!

I just had to bump this up
I was almost crying because I was laughing so hard

Betwixt the stirrup and the ground, mercy I asked, mercy I found

Riding in jeans doesn’t cause any …um … problems for me …as long as I remember to wear underwear that fits well enough to keep everything where it belongs. But from purely academic interest, I’d be happy to help out with the suggested research project.

Last night I made the mistake of taking a lesson with Kennett Square – wearing jeans.

Now, I don’t know about the rest of you, but if I were to make this a habit, I could end up divorced.

I’ve preliminarily concluded that in order to ride in jeans one must meet one or more of the following criteria:

1. celibacy;
  2. enjoyment of masochistic sexual practices;
  3. insensitivity (also known as “numb nuts” in gender-specific terms);
  4. imperviousness to pain during urination, or, severe dehydration;
  5. Employment which does not require one to sit or wear tight pantyhose.

Personally, I don’t qualify. Breeches may show every bulge but, in my view, my sacrificed vanity is a small price to pay for marital bliss.

Just my opinion . . .

Surely this thread needs to die a quiet death.

“Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.”

Thanx Hoopoe; there’s no telling how many other lines in Hamlet (affectionately, Omelette) I’ve been misreading for years! LOL!

I just don’t think I can work through the pain to accustom myself to the jeans thing. I wish someone would make loose fitting schooling tights so I wouldn’t get so bloody hot in the summer. I love the freedom of movement afforded by tights but I hate wearing tight-fitting clothes of any kind in this heat and humidity.

The search for the ideal summer lesson attire goes on . . .

BTW, Mizzwade, you can just imagine. Lots of sitting trot on a bouncy, bouncy, bouncy horsie.

I NEVER have to shave the insides of my legs–that’s a good thing… Levi’s and 1/2 chaps work for me.

Member of the Commando/Anti-Thong, but will still wear an orange toque Clique!

My signature used to say “Get Over It”!!!

Don’t get stuck in the sludge if you’re that confident in your ride!

and forgot how much I disclosed about my person. I feel for all of those who suffer from this malady, but alas, I don’t get it. This information could come in handy when Mr. Mommy is pestering me however!

Still married, and still commando!

You have to be smarter than the horse, and since that will never happen, pretend you are.

[This message was edited by Silly Mommy on May. 29, 2002 at 07:02 PM.]

. . . and I don’t think Old Navy will sell jeans to anyone over 40. What’s an old gal to do?

Cactuskate has informed me via email that I am suffering from a condition known as “dressage crotch.” So nice to have a proper name for the malady.

Don’t temp fate KS, or I’ll wear your favorite silver spandex astride that shaggy-maned beastie!

If sitting trot causes you to bleed, you are likely sitting on your crotch instead of your seat bones. This can cause bleeding, or burning when you pee. You just need to shift your center back a bit. If you are raw on your inner thighs, well thats fine! You’r in the right position.

Maybe it’s because I ride in all sorts of different brand jeans that I don’t have a problem? Maybe the seams, etc. are all in different places, so the same isn’t hitting the same…Well, you get the idea.

Oh, I dunno, Beezer… unless I am missing something, methinks Mr. CWP doesn’t have any complaints either!!!

Well, we sure aren’t intimidated by a crow hop or two

Do you think the moderators hearts could stand the ‘fessing up’ that is being called for here???

Or is it Hall of Shame?

“If you don’t give me what I want… I will destroy your life.” - Frank Donovan

Levis jeans are great- I had a pair over the summer that I’d ride 3 horses in, almost every day…Then I wore a hole in the a$s and they don’t make that kind anymore!
Paris Blues work well except they loosen at the knee, unless I’m built weird.
Mudd is great too…
I don’t wear boots & breeches unless I’m showing, and I never have problems lol

This is not a true story

or another brand of stretchy riding jeans are great

I believe I saw several pairs at the Tack Exchange - SHOPPING TRIP AHEAD!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Inverness:
Surely this thread needs to die a quiet death.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

says the woman with her name in the title… No way this has to be one of the most entertaining threads ever! Be lucky Inverness that your name will be forever remembered

“If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then give up. No use being a damned fool about it” -W.C. Fields

riding commando.

Always jeans and chaps (none of this half-chap foolishness! ), but it definitely matters what jeans you wear! I wore this one pair of Gap jeans once and almost had to go to the hospital.

Mr. Rory married me regardless and hasn’t divorced me yet!