Unlimited access >

Practical Protection for Private Parts - or - "Get Thee to a Nunnery"

Yes it’s true! Dressage Crotch! It is a medical term! It can be diagnosed by your friendly OBGYN! Kidding! It’s not a pretty picture at all, kind of painful peeling away your undies when undressing, yip, ouch, yip! You do not under any circumstances go anywhere near your s/o or husband until you have had a nice hot soak in the tub for an hour,. … with bath salts. . . .and lots of soap, and a very very soft washcloth!!!

1 Like

It never occurred to me that there might be a “feminine” reason for it! (So what is Robert Dover’s excuse?)

I have ridden for decades in whatever jeans (and chaps) I favored at the moment with no pain or discomfort. Perhaps there is something to be said for starting riding when you are a 3 year old…

If I had a husband who compared me to other riders in such an intimate way there is no way in he!! I would let him out of the room without a FULL explanation. I trust one will be forthcoming and it will be shared with the BB.

I don’t “do” the breeches/chaps thing because I usually stop at the store on the way home. I just can’t walk around in those tights, especially the way tidbits of hay cling to the material.

“Charter Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America”

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Oh, I dunno, Beezer… unless I am missing something, methinks Mr. CWP doesn’t have any complaints either!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I’ll have to poll Mr. artienallie tonight - he’s mentioned this subject before…
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh thank God!!! I was really starting to think I was alone out here… Please do tell us what Mr. Artienallie says!!

And DMK (I just LUURRRVVEEE emoticons )

I say there’s only one way to find out!!!

I’m pretty sure it isn’t her thighs she’s talking about here! I feel your pain! I always ride in breeches, mostly due to a horse-related (of course) injury which has left me with quite a bit of scar tissue in my inner thigh. The inside seam of jeans leaves me hurting for days! Anyway, I find the breeches much more comfy, and have not noticed them being hotter at all.
That said, I hope you don’t suffer any permanent nerve damage…no man likes a frigid woman!

Don’t fret, Spider. Despite decades of jeans and chaps, I am (still) a happily satisfied customer.

“If you don’t give me what I want… I will destroy your life.” - Frank Donovan

Hmmm… Inverness… I have been riding in jeans, jeans and half chaps or jeans and chaps for most of my life (except when about to enter the show ring), with no problem.

On the other hand, I am still single…

Could be a connection here!

My bad!

Blame it’s resurrection on vineyridge! Ok, so her question was asked in all innocence, or so she’ll say!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VTrider:
Hmmm…if I don’t want to end up an old, bitter, wrinkled up, single woman like someone else on this BB, should I start riding in my boots and breeches every day?

DMK, are you just going to TAKE that from her?!

it does matter what kind of jeans you wear…some are not as soft as others…fortunately my cheap a$$ can ride in Old Navy $20 jeans…

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>…in the “marital areas” of my body. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Merry! That is cracking me up!

Reminds me of one of the female comedians who was worried about sleeping in the nude in case of a fire and running outside only to reveal her “lady area” to the neighbors

Seriously, though, this is a big issue! I discovered the wonders of boots and breeches when I was breaking in new boots last year and found it much more comfortable than riding in jeans!

My husband once dated another rider and says she and I were definitely similar in the “marital areas” in some ways than the non-riders he’s dated… I was too much of a lady to ask for lots of details but understood that sensitivity was involved? Not going any further

I’m another one who rides in jeans and chaps–pretty much any kind of either one–with no problem. But boy am I enjoying reading this thread!

Maybe I need to get a life?

I do it all the time, bits of hay and assorted mud patches and all.

However, I do occasionally go in my civvies to prove that I can look nice once and a while

I don’t know whether to laugh or crawl under my desk and turn lovely shades of red!

Yes! Please do let us know what Mr. Artienallie says … and I second the call for research results, HYN.

Psst … should I tell you Mr. Beezer’s biggest fear??

Naaaaw. Never mind. Let your imaginations run wild! Besides, I don’t want to be accused of corrupting innocent young minds!

Bulletin Board Goddess

He agreed readilly with spirited

Also used (that can be repeated here…):

athletic
vigorous

and

responsive

Ah, no, it ain’t her “thighs”.

“If you don’t give me what I want… I will destroy your life.” - Frank Donovan

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spider:
ok…ok… I have no idea how to word this at all…I ride in jeans and chaps practically everytime I ride, are you all saying that it is harder to um…er… be satisfied?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. I’d say the thread consensus went in a whole 'nuther direction…

[I]"You can pretend to be serious; you can’t pretend to be witty. "

• Sacha Guitry (1885-1957) *[/I]