Unlimited access >

Protecting your phone at the barn?

I can’t, I made mine cuz I was broke lol. If I can find a pic or my actual bag, I’ll post it. It wasn’t difficult to make.

1 Like

This is what I have: Filoto Running Belt

I like it because I can tuck my phone to my lower back and have it under my sweatshirt or coat (or under nothing in the summer) and it doesn’t smack my back like a looser fanny pack would.

Also, for like $10, it was worth a shot ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I keep my phone in a zippered pocket while at the barn and riding. Whatever layer I have on, there has to be at one zippered chest/front pocket I can use. In the summer I wear a gardening vest that has a crazy number of pockets that I bought from Deluth Trading.

1 Like

Gosh, I can’t believe I forgot to mention my flipbelt!

Got it for running, I felt it was a little expensive when I got it but it’s one of the best things I’ve ever bought myself. I’ve only recently begun riding in it, so many breeches don’t have pockets, and then once chaps are on it’s impossible to get to a pocket in the summer. There’s a cheaper one, too, but no pocket. I like pocket to put keys/airpods/credit card in when I run if need be, but the phone goes in the “tube” part. Oh, and so much better than a regular fanny pack or other running belts I’ve tried – NO BOUNCING.

1 Like

For those worried only about emergencies (meaning the only number you’d be calling is 911) there’s another option that many don’t know about or forget. If you have an older phone that doesn’t have a service contract, it can still be used to call 911 as long as it is charged and in range of a tower. I have two of my old phones that I take on excursions that could be dangerous for the phone (boating, riding, anything where I’m concerned about dropping it in water or far/hard enough that it will break). My newer, more expensive phone then stays home or locked in the car/somewhere safe. You can also still take photos on the old phone and later move them online or to your normal phone via wifi/bluetooth/USB/other methods.