Unlimited access >

Qredit - what has he been passing along?

OK, CoTHers,

I have an outstanding breeding to Qredit, since I think mine was the only mare who didn’t take last year.:mad:

Sooooo, he’ll likely be put on a next-year- 3 year old mare, who is by Sonntagskind (Sandro Hit, Donnerhall, Rubinstein) out of a Rubinstein/Inschallah mare. This mare is not a huge flashy mover, but is a very nice, correct and uphill mover, is very nicely put together, approved GOV, and has a serious “in your back pocket without being obnoxious” personality. She really likes people, is VERY smart, likes to learn and is easy to handle, etc. I met Qredit at Hilltop and watched him go, and I think this would be a nice combo and an interesting mix of Rubinstein blood. I also think that two great brains have a good chance of producing a foal with a great brain.

Anyway, I’m curious to know how Qredit has been stamping his foals. What’s been coming through from the stallion? From the mare? What do you think about the above combination? What say you, CoTHers? Any input is much appreciated. THANKS!

How in heaven’s name can this breeding not produce a huge flashy mover?!

(Sandro Hit, Donnerhall, Rubinstein) out of a Rubinstein/Inschallah mare.

Seriously though, I’d be interested to hear/see what Qredit is producing too. He’s a lovely young horse and Hilltop are super to deal with so I am very tempted to use him next season.

Had to pleasure of seeing Qredit himself and three Qredit foals on a recent trip to the US and found them to be very typey and super impressive. I keenly follow Qredit’s successes as I part own his half brother.

I have a Qredit colt (who Yecart was able to see while she was in the US). I have seen a few of his foals. Some of the foals I saw were on the heavier side, so maybe use a mare that has some blood (my colt is 25% TB and is quite elegant). In my colt, he has a more compact build than his long backed dam, longer legs, a good amount of chrome, 3 very good gaits (with the walk being exceptional), and a very friendly personality. All of the Qredit foals seem very friendly.

Kerole, I don’t see Donnerhall and Rubinstein producing particularly huge movers, but I see them producing foals who can sit, be balanced, have a great work ethic, and make it to FEI at the end of the day. That’s my take, I could be wrong, though. Sonntangskind’s other foal (this mare’s half-brother born the same year), out of a Salvanto/Greenhorn mare (whom I tried to breed last year to Qredit) is a HUGE moving, chrome-a-lishious colt (also GOV approved as a colt) who is a bit shy. We’re not sure where the shy side comes from because both dam and sire are pleasant, friendly horses. Huh. But if figures the dam didn’t get pregnant for me. (Grrrrr). In comparison, the Sonntag/ Rubinstein mare isn’t as big moving. But don’t get me wrong, she’s a nice mover. She doesn’t have the springs in her ankes that her brother has, but the girl is going to be able to sit down, and I like that about her. I think the Donnerhall and Rubinstein gives her that while the sandro hit gave her legs and elasticity. I think she’s a great mare for Qredit, especially with her fantastic attitude.

Calloway, thanks for this description. I appreciate it!

J.

FANCY ches filly

My breeder bred her stallion’s dam to Qredit and got a uber fancy ches filly w four high whites and a blaze. She is a PRINCESS, rather tall for her age, friendly to the point of pushy, and a very free floaty mover. I think she will be for sale and I can see the dressage queens now fighting over her ! Check her out at www.goldenventurefarm.com.

Is there a picture of her and her dam here? Can you link to that? Seriously, I’m not interested in buying, I’m interested in what the stallion throws out of a given mare. Lets not make this an advertisement. Thanks!

I can show you my colt and his dam:

Here is the colt:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Callaway-Farm/207571105946873?sk=photos#!/photo.php?fbid=393153137388668&set=a.390720970965218.79172.207571105946873&type=3&theater

Here is his dam:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Callaway-Farm/207571105946873?sk=photos#!/media/set/?set=a.212529228784394.46844.207571105946873&type=3

J-Lu, dam of Qredit filly I’m referring to is a 14.1ish plain dark bay mare who believe is full Arab ? Look up SS Hailey on the GVF website. I definitely believe Qredit improved on this mare to have a foal like that - size, color and presence from him, movement/ temperament from her ? This is also the dam of her stallion, very nice Sandro Hit grandson, who also seems nothing like Mama ! BC I’ve bred a pony mare from him I was actually glad Grandma was also pony size. I’m after a German riding pony for my petite self !

Isn’t Qredit 4? If so, I’d say that it is far too early to speculate on what he passes along…or even what he is himself.

Yes, but he did have a book last year. Like I said, I have an outstanding breeding to him and would like to at least think I am making the best decision I can!

I don’t see her on the site but I see some very lovely foals from this guy, from a variety of mares! Thanks for this information! I really appreciate it!

THANK YOU! I think Hilltop bred a Contucci mare to him last year as well. Lovely foal! I want one!!

[QUOTE=J-Lu;6445146]
I don’t see her on the site but I see some very lovely foals from this guy, from a variety of mares! Thanks for this information! I really appreciate it![/QUOTE]

The fillies name is Quaterlinie, if you go to the mare page you will see her name at the top which is a direct link to her. She’s a cutie for sure. And if you scroll down her dam is on the same page SES Hailey. Just providing this so you can see dam and filly, I have no affiliation with this breeder. :smiley: I might finally get to breed a mare to Qredit next year if everything works out. I was going to this year but the mare passed and I didn’t have another suitable one for him.

Qredit Filly

I have a Qredit filly out of my Feiner Stern mare. I would say he definitely adds length of leg and lofty movement. My mare has always thrown exceptional foals and this is another one. Her first filly. The filly is chestnut, two hind socks and a stripe. Very big but not heavy. She is going to the GOV inspection at High Point on the 25th. I’ll post pics and let you know how she does. She is also very sweet and loves scratches.

[QUOTE=Dressagelvr;6444714]
Isn’t Qredit 4? If so, I’d say that it is far too early to speculate on what he passes along…or even what he is himself.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Qredit is 4. However, when I can see similarities in the the foals I’ve seen by him, I think it is fair to say what he passes along. This is the especially the case when you are evaluating his foals out of mares who have had foals before.

This. I’ve seen Callaway’s colt and he FLOATS. Gorgeous mover!!!

Lordy Callaway, that’s an engine and a half on that foal! very nice.

I have a mare in foal to him now. She is a 15.1H purebred Arabian by Ohadi Ben Rabba and out of a pure Polish *El Paso daughter. I can share the results in the spring:)
In 2011 she had a colt by Jones Hall (first pic).

RABBA-WEB2.JPG

Audey and Qredit lo res.jpg

Resurrecting this thread because I’m hoping that this 2012 year more breeders have inspection results of their Qredit offspring and more data on what he could be passing along, albeit with a relatively small case study. Still it would be nice to hear updates from breeders about their Qredit foals.

I’m thinking about breeding him to my Rohdiamant double Inschallah mare in 2013.

And, wondering about Canadian breeders, even better, Western Canadian breeders who have used Hilltop stallions how they found the import process (CEM) to be and shipping from the USA over this past year. Frankly, I have shied away from the USA as I find it easier importing from Germany and Holland and using Canadian-based stallions, than it has been getting fresh semen in from the USA. You can PM me if you’d prefer.