Unlimited access >

Quality Horse Hay For Sale - North Carolina

Hello,

We carry several varieties of quality horse hay!! Stocked year round!!

5th generation in the horse/hay business so we know good hay!

In stock right now…

Alfalfa/OG

1st OG

2nd OG

2010 Timothy

2011 Timothy

Fescue

Timothy/OG

Delivery available…Please message for more details!!

Hi! North Carolina is a big place - where in NC are you located? Also - has your hay been tested (NC Ag can do that).

Prices?

Do you have contact information?

Will pm you also but it may be helpful to add all that stuff here too.

Thanks!

Yes, I’d love that information as well :slight_smile:

Hay Info

Sorry for the delay but here is some info on the hay available…

Alfalfa/Orchard - $8/bale

Tim/Orchard - $7/bale

2nd Orchard Mix - $7.50/bale

Timothy - $7.25/bale

Orchard - $7/bale

Fescue - $4.75/bale

Thanks!

Do you deliver to Fayetteville? Where are you located again? Thanks!

I’m also interested to hear where you are located and if your hay has been tested. Have a recently foundered horse that I’m looking for low NSC hay - I’m in Eastern Va.

location please

would also like to know where in NC

I’m pretty sure this is Sean McCashin’s hay, I buy it and it’s excellent hay. The alflafa/orchard is so gorgeous my horses eat it like it’s ice cream. Sean is a very nice guy, he’s wonderful to deal with and he’s located in Mocksville, NC @ TTC - if you google TTC, Mocksville it will come right up. I do know he’ll deliver though.

[QUOTE=naters;6020092]
Do you deliver to Fayetteville? Where are you located again? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes I can deliver to Fayetteville. We are located in Mocksville, NC.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=ddb;6020923]
I’m also interested to hear where you are located and if your hay has been tested. Have a recently foundered horse that I’m looking for low NSC hay - I’m in Eastern Va.[/QUOTE]

We are located in Mocksville, NC. I do have analysis on some of our hays. We would be happy to provide you with any information on the hay if you can provide us with your email address.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=equinedriver;6026003]
would also like to know where in NC[/QUOTE]

We are located in Mocksville, NC.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=Becky Rocky;6026323]
I’m pretty sure this is Sean McCashin’s hay, I buy it and it’s excellent hay. The alflafa/orchard is so gorgeous my horses eat it like it’s ice cream. Sean is a very nice guy, he’s wonderful to deal with and he’s located in Mocksville, NC @ TTC - if you google TTC, Mocksville it will come right up. I do know he’ll deliver though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words Becky!

Just thought I would relay my experience today with this hay dealer.

The hay looks nice according to photos. The folks were nice.

However , he wanted $ 600.00 to deliver 250 bales 2.5 hours from his farm !

I was appalled. I have been in the hay buisness most of my adult life and I have never heard such an outlandish quote for delivery for such a short distance.

OMG, was that the delivery fee only? As in $600 plus the cost of the hay?

[QUOTE=tweeter;6114705]
OMG, was that the delivery fee only? As in $600 plus the cost of the hay?[/QUOTE]

Yes. He reduced it to $ 400 if it was only him coming. I am only 2.5 hours from his farm ! I can’t imagine what it would be for you all the way to Fayetteville.

I have never heard of such. I always get hay quotes with delivery included. $ 600.00 to deliver a pawltry 250 bales 2.5 hours…? Like I said , I was appalled.

Folks can charge what they want…folks also don’t have to pay it !

Wow, that’s unreal! At those prices, it’d be cheaper for me to buy the chopped hay from Triple Crown!

I can’t imagine paying that much…guess I can cross that one off my list:lol:

[QUOTE=Bayhawk;6111214]
Just thought I would relay my experience today with this hay dealer.

The hay looks nice according to photos. The folks were nice.

However , he wanted $ 600.00 to deliver 250 bales 2.5 hours from his farm !

I was appalled. I have been in the hay business most of my adult life and I have never heard such an outlandish quote for delivery for such a short distance.[/QUOTE]

well the standard rate right now is $4 a loaded mile…that is for a pickup truck or a full semi truck…with us it includes tarping,a mechanical unload and a stacked to the ground with a professional CDL insured driver…

loft or hand work is of course more

Tamara

[QUOTE=Tamara in TN;6116336]
well the standard rate right now is $4 a loaded mile…that is for a pickup truck or a full semi truck…with us it includes tarping,a mechanical unload and a stacked to the ground with a professional CDL insured driver…

loft or hand work is of course more

Tamara[/QUOTE]

Wow Tamara. $4 a mile ? I haven’t heard anyone charging this either. That is a huge expense.

The dealers I deal with just incorporate their fuel into the hay price and say ok …$ 8.35 a bale or whatever.

I would never pay $ 4 a mile and neither would anyone I know around here.

I buy from growers in MD and VA and they always deliver and help me stack in the loft with my elevator.

I just bought a premium 2nd cut orchard/alfalfa mix from MD. 302 bales delivered to me for right at $ 8 a bale. It’s candy.

[QUOTE=Bayhawk;6116564]
Wow Tamara. $4 a mile ? I haven’t heard anyone charging this either. That is a huge expense.

The dealers I deal with just incorporate their fuel into the hay price and say ok …$ 8.35 a bale or whatever.

I would never pay $ 4 a mile and neither would anyone I know around here.

I buy from growers in MD and VA and they always deliver and help me stack in the loft with my elevator.

I just bought a premium 2nd cut orchard/alfalfa mix from MD. 302 bales delivered to me for right at $ 8 a bale. It’s candy.[/QUOTE]

well we always separate the hay from the fuel on the customer invoices…as one is “cost of goods sold” and the other is well…fuel:lol:

$4 a mile is the standard rate for any delivery these days that is dedicated and one way…fuel is $3.85 gal and the big trucks burn a gal every 4-6 miles loaded or empty…so a truck coming back 200 miles w/o a load has just burnt $154 just trying to come back home…and $154 to get to you…

the typical way to bill a road truck is 1/3 fuel,1/3 driver 1/3 truck upkeep
at .77 mile that is 2.31 one way…times two as you gotta get home and that is 4.60/mile…anything less than that is a deal under a 500 mile run…over 500 ile runs and you can get in the $2.80’s

most people are already paying that they just (as you say) have it “built in” to the price…if your hay was 50 lb bales you just paid $400 a ton delivered to you…

there is very little hay grown in Md that can command that wholesale price w/o the delivery fee being built into it…

so you may have paid $5 for the bale and $3 for the delivery…which brings the haul bill back on 302 bales to $906 delivery fee

or $6 for the hay and $2 for the delivery which is $604 delivery fee

but as your grower/seller did not split the bill on paper, you don’t know for sure how much was hay and how much was time and fuel…

Tamara

[QUOTE=Tamara in TN;6116994]
well we always separate the hay from the fuel on the customer invoices…as one is “cost of goods sold” and the other is well…fuel:lol:

$4 a mile is the standard rate for any delivery these days that is dedicated and one way…fuel is $3.85 gal and the big trucks burn a gal every 4-6 miles loaded or empty…so a truck coming back 200 miles w/o a load has just burnt $154 just trying to come back home…and $154 to get to you…

the typical way to bill a road truck is 1/3 fuel,1/3 driver 1/3 truck upkeep
at .77 mile that is 2.31 one way…times two as you gotta get home and that is 4.60/mile…anything less than that is a deal under a 500 mile run…over 500 ile runs and you can get in the $2.80’s

most people are already paying that they just (as you say) have it “built in” to the price…if your hay was 50 lb bales you just paid $400 a ton delivered to you…

there is very little hay grown in Md that can command that wholesale price w/o the delivery fee being built into it…

so you may have paid $5 for the bale and $3 for the delivery…which brings the haul bill back on 302 bales to $906 delivery fee

or $6 for the hay and $2 for the delivery which is $604 delivery fee

but as your grower/seller did not split the bill on paper, you don’t know for sure how much was hay and how much was time and fuel…

Tamara[/QUOTE]

thanks Tamara for the calculations but my deal is normal for us here in Va. $ 8 a bale delivered and helped put in the loft. Not $ 8 a bale PLUS $600 delivery fee or $4 a mile delivery fee. Whew ! I couldn’t or wouldn’t pay that.