Question for Merry

I know she is Northern California, but she certainly showed all over the state (with Gary Ryman, among others — and no mention of Gary, or was there?)

Remember some of Pat’s wonderful horses?

Quail Run (from Flintridge) (aka “Bert” because his JC registered name was “Run Like El, Bert” after his sire, the immortal Elbert ))

Spend the Winter

pop into mind immediately.

Maybe I got the spelling right this time.

John just did some catch riding for me as for his arrangement with the Mendez’s, I gotta think that he might have some side bar arrangements on the side, however I can’t know for sure if he has placed all his eggs in one basket so to speak. He’s so incredibly tallented and in demand…

What was the name of Robert Ridland’s junior mount. I remeber a grey but that’s about it.

All I can offer is macaroni and cheese, with sides of grapes and grahm crackers and chocolate milk as a drink. I don’t have to actually take a shower and change out of my sweats to attend this thing do I? My DH will be happy that I will be joining him again on the couch in the evenings. No longer will he have to stare at the TV alone. Goodbye Question for Merry it’s been real um,long.

Hmmm… In all my adult eq.o/fences and medals, I never consciously used an automatic release, however, when jumping a fence off an angle or perhaps a roll-back turn, an automatic release “just happens”. But in hunters: definitely, no; just the habitual and incredibly popular crest release. What became fashionable and really overdone to the point of lunacy was the obvious “early release” in hunters. So you’re cantering down on a long approach to a single fence, and about four strides out you shove your reins up the neck, demonstrating just how soft and consistent your horse is all the way to the point of take-off. Of course, it’s also an incredible invitation for a horse to chip in at the last moment… or dive out to the side.

I see Cindy Simington at the horse shows all the time…I believe that she is Don’s daughter, and I’m pretty sure he’s the one I’ve seen helping her in the schooling area. I’m always asking my trainer who is who, because I see so many people over and over, and am finally figuring out who everyone is! Anyway, she’s really nice and a great rider. I see her showing a lot in the pre-training, training 1, training 2 jumpers, and she always does well.

and once again, best of luck with Porter at Indio!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>And wasn’t there a Michelle McAvoy who also did quite well? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

She married Tim Grubb. Not sure if they are still married.

My mom made some ratcatchers for me last year and said the pattern was so hard to fit she would never do it again. So I would recomend a seamstress it probably would be a little more, but well worht it. I am going to give mom this year off and maybe hit her up next year
The fabric selection is nice though.

coreene: Stephen Stills had a hunter in the barn at Winrock with Russell Stewart.

AAJumper: Just think of us before you go thru the in-gate. Channel our karmic energy. We’ll all be there in the saddle with you. Honest!

Bumpkin, or you can do a lump price for 'em and let those slavering potential buyers know and maybe buy the whole lot??? But if you go the eBay route, tip us off so we know when to bid.

Pretty impressive web page!! One Question, in the photo of you and Bumpkin, who is who?

Bumpkin, sorry for the sale plug. I won’t do it again. Love your web page too!!! Do you know Linda Allen? She lives in the Philly area of PA. and does a very nice JRT Rescue. I have rescued quite a few critters myself; JR’s, boxers, labs, equines and kitties of course. Ciao!

Says SuaveReno who just got to the wake (she’s managed to stuff, ((what’s 20lbs between friends))),herself into her 60’s plaid coat and canary yellow breeches with pegs only to find that all the strawberry margarita’s are gone, then plops herself down in the corner to look at old HORSES magazines ane feed cheesecake to the JR’s (cuz they looked hungry, and sniffle (because the thread’s dying? Noooo because there is no more strawberry Margaritas

Yes, I kept my TB at Dixie’s on Laguna Canyon Rd. Is Sycamore Stable still in San Juan Cap? Last I heard, stables were shutting down in SJC. Did Joan Irvine ever resolve the death of South Pacific?

I used to live next to Nellie Gail in Laguna Hills, how can the Broadcom guy do that to the trails? I saw a young lady riding at the corner of Oso Pkwy one day while I was out jogging. She was riding on that main highway with a halter and said that her horse was perfectly safe! Great to have that much confidence, but I still was concerned for her. Went to a show up in Rancho Santa Margarita a couple of years ago. I talked to a really nice lady instructor there. I have to say, for advertising Coto de Caza as an upmarket area, I thought the equestrian center would be on a scale like Del Mar Horse Park with all the well-kept facilities. They did say they were planning rennovations.

[This message was edited by doubleclearjumper on Jan. 18, 2001 at 02:18 AM.]