Unlimited access >

Really, Dressage Hub?

Who’s seen the [edit] on Facebook this morning?

The witch hunts need to stop. Public shaming with moments in time…negative press/fake news…

Make a complaint to the proper authorities if you want change.

The video is public on YouTube, by the way.

Again? This seems to be a regular occurrence.

1 Like

![](https:\/\/scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net\/v\/t1.0-1\/c6.0.50.50\/p50x50\/424695_659276414098858_701592018_n.jpg?oh=5e2bb05512b83ede6afdad04804d5c9a&oe=595C4B54)

[h=6]Dressage Hub added 2 new photos.[/h] 4 hrs ·

Let's talk. Susan Jaccoma posted this sales ad this weekend and I have a few questions that I think should be discussed.
  1. Why is she posting a sales ad using a pic with a blue tongue?
  2. Why is this horse scoring a 68% with a blue tongue?
  3. Why would you tag your sponsors in a pic with a blue tongue?
  4. Why is she trying pass off marshmallow as foam? (look closely)

“TANGO” for sale update!
Bob Stark’s Fantango and I had a wonderful Prix St Georges ride at the White Fences show! Tango marched into the ring, had a mistake free test and earned a 68.553%! It felt so easy and fun to ride! Thank you to Bob Stark for allowing me to train and show such a talented horse, Frank Tobias and Custom Saddlery for keeping both horse and rider happy in work and Carmen Franco for capturing such a nice picture of us! Video to follow!

1 Like

Correct me, but I think this is the [edit] poster Ankywannabe? I liked this page originally but then realized what was going on.

6 Likes

I am out of the loop, but I am about to unfollow Dressage Hub. I wonder how many others of the 33k followers will do the same.

I’m so tired of this nonsense.

i had not realized that it was a personal vendetta.

4 Likes

The other thread on this reposted the accusations to ensure they were documented here, too, while claiming to not be interested in drama. I’m rolling my eyes at that.

But I agree with you (RHRT) about this - it seems nasty, and it seems very strange compared to the “proof.” I feel like there were some competitors trying to get Dressage Hub to stop taking video of them, maybe? I remember some drama about that, and suspect this is related to that. I don’t remember the details around that.

I also know there was a dressage rider who had her identity stolen - may have been SJ, who had someone create a fake profile pretending to be her on Facebook and being nasty. It makes me question if DH is connected to that.

While I DO support showing publicly when there are actual videos of abusive riding, I think this is a case where something else is a driving motivation and that there isn’t proof. I, too, will be unfollowing DH for it.

ETA: Of course a tongue sticking out is a negative. Without seeing the score sheet, we don’t know where/if the judge saw and deducted for it. And it’s not equal to abuse as DH seems to be implying.

2 Likes

Didn’t know Dressage Hub was into public shaming. I’m sure the post/video will be removed within a few hours. Still getting my popcorn though.

2 Likes

OMG YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!

I didn’t have to unfollow because I was some how booted and can’t view or comment anymore after I posted several photos of my very foamy FEI horse who goes in a loose ring snaffle and certainly doesn’t receive any drugs to encourage salivation to “hide a blue tongue”.

I am attaching the “offending” original photo, as well as the one that got me banned.

The MADNESS!!!

dressage hub.jpg

received_979176878779467.jpeg

2 Likes

[edit]. I posted something earlier this morning saying that I’ve never, ever heard of the marshmallow thing and asking for clarification along with a few other questions. Of course it was deleted. So I commented about that, too, and now I’m not able to post comments at all. [edit]

8 Likes

Foam = marshmallow or paste???

Somewhat related, does anyone know the rider and the name of the palomino horse that was ahead of SJ and Fantango? I am trying to find an order of go for the class, without success. TIA.

Got infiltrated by PETA?

2 Likes

Yes. I suggested that we used to be proud of a foamy mouth, but now it is nefarious? A plot to cover up abuse?

Oh and for those who can’t be bothered to go look, here’s the offending whole horse photo. Please note the loop in both reins. It’s a sea of ignorance out there.

17861435_1694836197209536_8848324336057916033_n.jpg

8 Likes

I both unfollowed and reported the post to facebook. I recommend everyone else do the same.

I’m all for showing ACTUAL abusive riding. But the slow-mo video not only showed a tongue sticking out for a few seconds which was not blue, but reins which were somewhat loopy the whole time and only being used in upward half halts which were immediately released, with zero pulling on the horse’s mouth. I don’t know the horse’s history or why it may have mouth/tongue issues, I don’t know the trainer to know if there are other situations where she has been caught riding abusively, but the “evidence” in question most certainly didn’t show that.

5 Likes

Hahaha, great minds! I reported them as well for harassment. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think we’re still proud of a foamy mouth. The accusation is they’re using marshmallow to fabricate a foamy mouth, when the horse wouldn’t be foaming normally due to improper riding/training.

1 Like

With no evidence.

So I’m going to accuse @see u at x of being an arsonist. Because that sounds fun.

6 Likes

How does that even work?

I mean, if I put marshmallow fluff around my horse’s mouth, it’s only going to be there for like 2 seconds before it gets licked off. I can’t see that lasting for a whole ride, no matter how you smear it.

18 Likes

That’s cool. I’m totally down with that. :winkgrin:

6 Likes

I concur. My horse would either lick it all off (he’s super oral), or he would turn his nose up at it and get so distracted that we wouldn’t be able to perform our test. I don’t know where people come up with this stuff. Supposedly, according to the comments, doing this is all the rage in Wellington. :rolleyes:

4 Likes