Unlimited access >

Recent Ariat Terrain H2O reviews

I’m looking at the Ariat Terrain H2O boots for Christmas. The most recent reviews I could find on here were a few years old, and we know how sometimes new versions of things aren’t as good.

So, any input? Really just looking for something with more support than Mudruckers (which I love) that is also waterproof. Warmth isn’t important as I’m in the south.

I am on my 3rd pair of Ariat Terrains H20 lace-ups. The last ones I bought a few (maybe 3?) years ago are better than my older ones. I love them. Very supportive footbed, waterproof. I have even used them on day-long hikes in the mountains, no problem.

Same as Sophie. Mine last 3 to 5 years; I just ordered my 4th pair ever from State Line Tack, because they usually carry wide widths. Got a 25% discount but discounts there can be pretty random. Occasionally the boots have gotten a little split in one area, but that’s because my feet are weirdly shaped there, and most shoes eventually get a little split there.

On a couple of vacations, they’ve been my main shoes and I’ve tossed one pair of “dressier” shoes in my suitcase should I need them.

I have mine on now. I ride western in them under my shotgun chaps when it’s windy, and wear them on days when I’m just working horses in the round pen. I like the arch support and they’re easy to walk in. I also use them for short day hikes. If I’m going into town and they’re a little grubby I swipe a damp cloth over them and I’m go to go.

Even though I think they run almost (not quite) a half-size big, that’s fine with me. Gives me room to wear thick socks with them in the winter.

Oh, one thing, some half-chaps may not fit them because they are pretty thick through the top of the foot. I’ve done fine with my JustChaps half-chaps, though.

I have the Barnyard pull-on version and adore them. Just like everyone else I’m on my third or fourth pair. They have each held up for 3-4 years and I am not particularly kind to them. I don’t ride in half chaps but occasionally in full chaps and have no issue with them.

Agreed they do run big. I have two pairs and they hold up well. I use one pair for riding and barn stuff and the other for hiking. Stateline does have good sales- I got a leopard version last summer for $60.

1 Like

I have two pairs that I alternate. Generally love them and they are waterproof and last for a long time.

My only gripe - the wides only go up to 9. I wear a 9.5 - which used to be available in wide but apparently is no more. I was therefore forced to go to Zappo’s to look for something equivalent that I could get in my size. I ordered 2 different non-Ariat boots that seemed to have the same features. They’re on their way, we shall see.

1 Like

Love, love mine, thinking about cleaning them up and wearing them when flying across the Atlantic next month!

On my 3rd pair in 15 years. Wear them daily. There used to be a matching half chap but it is discontinued. I have replaced the zippers twice in my half chaps. When they are no longer wearable I will probably have a pair custom made using the old ones as a pattern.

I have 2 pairs… one to trash around my farmette, since it’s lotsa dirt, rocks and lately, cement work! LOL - Still water proof after 3 years.

Pair 2 is about 4 years old and still comfy/waterproof. I ride in them, trim my clientele’s horses in them, etc.

Watch www.bootbarn.com for their sales. I usually get the best price on them from that site, plus they offer more sizes in Wide width :wink:

2 Likes

Wow, thanks for all of the feedback everyone! Sounds like it’s a “go” for me.

https://www.bootbarn.com/ariat-womens-terrain-blaze-waterproof-hiking-boots---soft-toe/2000357204.html?dwvar_2000357204_color=200#q=TERRAIN&prefn1=ref-gender&prefv1=Women’s&start=4

I have had these for about a month and absolutely love them. They run more true to size than the lace up Terrains I’ve had in the past and I can wear them all day comfortably. Even with a high arch, I have no trouble pulling them on.

I love the Ariat’s ( I have several pairs) but honestly even the waterproof ones go downhill pretty fast if you wear them in wet / dew covered grass with any regularity.

I use shoe glue to reattach the front rubber but it is only a matter of time. I have found that to be the case with any waterproof boot or shoe.

I had a pair last year that lasted…3? Months. Honestly not bad considering I walk 60-80 miles a week through wet and dry environments and generally abuse them. I did find the waterproofing didn’t last as long as the souls did.

I’ve moved onto other boot brands mostly because the Terrain boots didn’t fit me as well as I would have liked.

I have a newer pair of Ariat Terrain Blaze H2O paddock boots - they are slip on. I love them!! I used to not be able to wear Ariat because of too high an arch, but these are very comfortable. I’ve actually worn them traveling on a plane because they were just easier and more comfortable. So far they are holding up really well with barn chores and mud. I will be ordering another (soon) to put away because everything I really, really likes ends up being discontinued!

2 Likes

I used to work in the Barnyards. I have incredibly sweaty feet and found they didn’t breathe well enough for me. I switched to Blundstones (which I applied waterproofing to) and was much happier.

Everyone else I know who has them loves them!

I have a new pair of the Ariat Blaze H2O boots that I love, and I also have the lace ups. My last pair of lace ups are probably 3-4 years old and still going strong.

I think they keep my feet fairly dry, plus I will use waterproofing spray on them as they age.

Mine last 3 to 5 years but I wear them daily and they are usually soaked in horse pee so I figure that’s a pretty good life span.

@alpine1
Thanks for the suggestion. I just got on the computer to do this very thing. I did order men’s Ariats once before but I didn’t get wides so it was a no go. So we shall see with the EEs.

The two boots I ordered from Zappo’s are no bueno for horse work.

Also will send a note to Ariat to please, please carry wides in bigger women’s sizes.