Recently diagnosed with breast cancer

Thinking of you ~ sending along some Jingles & AO for your recovery to be uneventful

((hugs)) and Jingles & AO laced with strength ~

Hoping your recovery will become uneventful and steady ~

Thank you. Tomorrow is biopsy day on a suspicious mole I found on my bald head.

Ouch! Hope it is nothing.

Checking in on you. Hope you are getting through everything ok. Take care of yourself.

Just read the entire thread. Hoping that mole was just a little decoration on your head!!! Saying prayers for you. Being “down” where we can’t be with our horses sucks too. I am recovering from back surgery and haven’t seen my horses in 18 days. Won’t see them probably til Monday when I go to have these dang staples removed. They make me feel better no matter what.

Hoping your recovery goes well and you kick this thing to the curb. Hugs and prayers to you.

Looking in on YOU ~ thoughts and prayers and ((hugs)) ~

[I]Looking in on YOU ~

Sending thoughts and prayers and ((hugs)) ~

[/I]

Checking in on you. I hope all is going well!

Hoping this week was a smoother one for you ~ Jingles & AO ~

Hoping this week was a smoother week for you ~

Jingles & AO … laced with strength and patience for your ‘fight’ ~

Biopsy results came back from the suspicious mole. Great news - benign melanoma.
I also found out that the tumor board discussed my case again and decided that I will be going back for more surgery. Chemo is finished in 7 weeks, they will give my body 3 weeks to recover and then surgery. So, in approx 10 weeks they will go in and remove more deep muscle & tissue, with the hope of getting clean margins. If all goes well I might not need radiation although they will likely want to do another round of chemo.
I was surprised at this change of plans but am happy they are being aggressive.

Well… poopy. But aggressive doctors are good. On the other hand, radiation is exhausting, so skipping that would be a good thing.
Thinking of you.

Oh boy. Hang in there! Hopefully your next few weeks of chemo go by really quickly. I thought taxol was quite a bit easier than the A&C phase.

The taxol is easier. With the AC, I was nauseous all the time. Great diet but yuck. I have only had one taxol infusion so far. Other than the severe muscle and joint pain - I am doing ok.

Just joined C of H & came across your thread. You are one brave lady! On your blog you say something about looking like an old man as your hair comes out? If only you could see yourself as others see you. What pretty eyes & a lovely smile.

Just wishing you all the very best, and keeping my fingers crossed that all your support & energy & determination & zest for life will carry you through this rocky time.

Just joined CotH & came across your thread. You are one brave lady! On your blog you say something about looking like an old man as your hair comes out? If only you could see yourself as others see you. What pretty eyes & a lovely smile.

Just wishing you all the very best, and keeping my fingers crossed that all your support & energy & determination & zest for life will carry you through this rocky time.

(Get the ‘cold hat’…keeps you from losing hair!!!)

Yes, Taxol made me super sore for a few days, but not being nauseaous definitely made up for that. You just feel like you’ve been hit by a bus for a while. Hang in there!!!

[QUOTE=genevieveg17;6984504]
The taxol is easier. With the AC, I was nauseous all the time. Great diet but yuck. I have only had one taxol infusion so far. Other than the severe muscle and joint pain - I am doing ok.[/QUOTE]

OP, do not worry about your hair! Bald is beautiful. And please know that men are just as upset as women when they go through chemo and lose their hair. A good friend of mine was always proud of his full head of hair. When he was going through chemo for a brain tumor, he wore a cap outside of the office. One day we were having lunch downtown, and while we were at the salad bar, some older ladies at a table left a note (on a napkin) on our table that “gentlemen should take off their hats in restaurants.”

My friend took off his cap and showed the marks on his head (He’d done chemo and radiation so he had some orange markings and hair loss) and the ladies at the other table were put on notice that men are just as vain as women about loss of hair during chemo and radiation.

I do admire all the friends and family and classmates who shave their heads in support of people going through cheno. I was lucky that my friend did not ask any of us to do that. He did, the night before his first surgery, say that he wanted to decide between sex and all the candy bars, the butternut ones, in the machine at the hospital, and he chose the candy bars, so I bought every one in the hospital for him. :lol:

Just get well. Don’t worry about your hair. One of my friends in high school had a brain tumor and she had her hair shaved for the operation. We took up money at school to buy her a wig. She’s still going strong, with her own hair some omg, this is our 50th anniversary year of high school graduation. I hope you have the same results from all of your surgery and treatment as Anna has had.

Sending more Jingles & AO ~ be brave push onward ~ ((hugs))

[I]Jingles & AO continue for you ~ ((hugs))

[/I]

Looking in on you ~ don’t mean to bother ~ ((hugs))

[I]Looking in on you ~

don’t mean to bother just wanted to say ~

thinking of you and your courage and your progress ~

sending Jingles & AO for your weekend and upcoming week ~[/I]

Ditto zuzu’s words. Hope you’re feeling well!! Those babies in your paddocks surely make a delightful diversion, I bet!