Recently diagnosed with breast cancer

Jingles & AO ~ feel better soon ~

[I]Jingles & AO ~ because one can not have too many Jingles or enough AO ~

((hugs)) ~ feel better soon ~[/I]

I had my final chemo infusion on Monday. What a relief to be through Phase 1 of this crazy battle. Next up is a second surgery in 2 weeks.
The surgeons are going to go in and take tissue and deep muscle in an attempt to get the clean margins they failed to get with the double mastectomy. My oncologist and the radiation oncologist are against the second surgery. They think radiation will be just as effective. The surgeon explained that if the radiation did not work than surgery would not be an option because of the damage from 5 weeks of radiation.
I am just going to go with my gut on this and do the surgery. There seems to be no doubt in any of the doctors minds that there are still cancer cells near my chest wall. So, under the knife I go again.

Jingles for an easy recovery and successful surgery.

I definitely see your surgeon’s point of view, and think it’s the best course! Surgery is no fun, but I would imagine there’s an element of reassurance that they can go in and physically remove the bad stuff. Out, out, out with the nasty cells! I’ll be thinking of you. Cancer, your eviction notice has been served!

Good luck with your surgery!!!

Congrats Phase I is done ! Jingles & AO continue ~

[I]Congrats on Phase I being done !

Jingles & AO for your surgery ~ ((hugs))[/I]

I would make the same choice in your situation. Stay positive. Use visualization techniques…the cancer is the lion in the cage…YOU have the whip and chair!!!

Good luck with the surgery!

Jingles and prayers coming your way.

Good luck with the second surgery. No fun, but definitely a reasonable choice. Fingers crossed & jingling!

Looking in on you again ~ Jingles & AO ~

Looking in on you ~ Jingles & AO ~

I had my final radiation treatment today! Another phase of the battle complete.
I start taking tamoxafin now for 5 years. My oncologist is also checking to see if I am eligible for a clinical trial that is coming up.
Really looking forward to life getting back to normal and not the day to day obsession with cancer. Yahoo!!
Have a great weekend.

You go girl!

Wonderful Gen… i don’t dare say the tamoxifen will be easy… because every time I told you it was… well, it was not for you!!
So happy you can turn that page!

Good update ~ take care ~ Jingles & AO ~

[I]Good update ~

Take care ~

Jingles & AO ~ for some normalcy (sp?) to re-enter your life ~[/I]

High fives on finishing up that part of treatment!

Looking in on you ~ hope you’re pushing onward ~

[I]Looking in on you ~

Hope you’re back to some ‘normal’ and fun ~[/I]

Happy New Year! It has been almost a year since this crazy ride started. A heck of a year. I had to have another surgery in October. The radiation did quite a bit of damage, the area that used to be my left breast became necrotic. It became Boobzilla. Had surgery to clean that up. Now I need to have a couple more surgeries to get back to normal (who am I kidding, I have never been normal!).
First surgery is next week. The next one is a doozy that will have me vacationing in the hospital for 5-7 days and then 8 weeks of bed rest.
I am hopeful that this will be the end of treatments & procedures for a long while.

Jingles for an easy recovery this time around!

Wow, what bad luck! Hope this last round fixes it up and that you can finally get back to whatever “normal” is for you! Jingles for a successful fix!