Recently diagnosed with breast cancer

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

best of luck Gen. It’s been quite the ride and I hope this is the end of it… then only rides with horses!!

I saw some pics of her riding on the beach yesterday so she is getting a jump on the riding part!

[QUOTE=Laurierace;7357788]
I saw some pics of her riding on the beach yesterday so she is getting a jump on the riding part![/QUOTE]

that’s why I mentioned it!

Yikes! I’m glad you are getting closer to being done.

[QUOTE=Laurierace;7357788]
I saw some pics of her riding on the beach yesterday so she is getting a jump on the riding part![/QUOTE]

Yes! That was the silver lining of the chemo. It shrunk the acoustic neuroma that I have had for years. That is what side lined me from riding because of the severe vertigo. Thankfully, chemo seems to have taken care of that little bugger. I won’t know for sure how much it shrunk until I get an MRI. Can’t have one of those for a while since I still have metal in my right breast with the tissue expander.
I bought a couple quarter horses and have been trail riding. Such a blast. That is the bright side of the cancer treatment.
Here is a quick little video of my beach ride (I am on the chestnut and a friend is on the grey. The grey is one of my retired broodmares that has turned out to be an awesome beach horse!) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202179316718814&set=vb.1665980636&type=2&theater

Jingles & AO continue ~ QH trail riding sounds wonderful for your emotional health ~

[I][B]Jingles & AO continue for you ~

QH trail riding sounds like a great part of your recovery journey ~[/B][/I]

OP did you have a double masacumy?

Maybe this is what was done by your oncologist, but I was told what others here have mentioned, about the chemo drug being damaging to blood vessels. I think it’s true. My port did not cause any problems.

[QUOTE=PINE TREE FARM SC;6927895]
I’ve had adriamycin. One more time, the Oncologist stongly suggested not to get a port. Normally you can have only 8 sessions with that drug lifetime and 4 the first go round so it’s not like that gets used on a constant basis.
Ports have their own set of serious hazards and require two surgical procedures plus heparin flushes on a regular basis.
Has nothing to do with comfort of the patient. It’s simply easier for the oncology nurse.[/QUOTE]

That’s great that you are just about done! FWIW, I am now ten years out and I STILL have my port in. I have an every 7 week infusion of Remicade with my Crohn’s and the combo of my rolly veins and mastectomy, we opted to leave it in. Granted, I have had it replaced once, but other than a 15 minute visit every three weeks for a flush, I have not had a problem with it. Best decision I have made - pre-port, finding a vein in my arm was a painful, hit or miss, process.
I still work daily in the barn, ride, swim, snorkel.