Unlimited access >

Recommendations for an independent saddle fitter in the Los Angeles area?

Is there a good independent saddle fitter that regularly goes to the Los Angeles area? Especially one that’s also well versed in H/J saddles? (Yes, I know this is the dressage forum, but I’m posting here because you folks are much more knowledgeable in the importance of saddle fit than my h/j brethren :slightly_smiling_face:)

The best saddle fitter I’ve ever had was Sheryl Lemke. She has her own line, but will look at any saddle. She’s EXTREMELY thorough - one day she must have spent 3 hours with me, tweaking it just so and watching me ride, tweaking some more, etc. to the point where I wanted to go home lol. Like I said, very, very thorough. The catch is she’s based in NorCal and only comes down to LA every so often. I would call and see when she’s planning her next trip down. Good luck!!

2 Likes

I second this.

There’s also Paul Selvey. He lives in Las Vegas now but makes regular trips down to LA. He has a website.

Trevor Capewell used to work at Broken Horn and did fitting on the side. I have no idea what he’s doing now since the big store closed, but PM me if you want phone numbers for any of these three.

2 Likes

Trevor Capewell is back at Broken Horn since they reopened, I believe, and is still fitting/repairing in the area.

2 Likes

I was just there and didn’t see him. There was a saddle repair guy—maybe I just didn’t get a good look at him.

I miss the old store so much.

1 Like

Tamara Solange is a County rep but also works as an independent fitter.

1 Like

Tina Fitch is very good. She’s usually in the Temecula area, but frequently drives up to LA and further north. She’s also very good at reflocking wool saddles (there are some saddle fitters who you should avoid if you’re looking to reflock a wool saddle).

2 Likes

I have Tina’s number also! LOL

She’s great.

1 Like

I’ll second Tina, too! I used her probably a decade ago or more, then I thought she left the business and moved to San Diego. Did not realize she was back. I really liked her (granted it was a long time ago).

1 Like

I meant to add that both Trevor and Paul also do saddle repair.

I am an independent saddle evaluator and use the Port Lewis system to evaluate and correct saddles. I’m in the San Fernando valley but am happy to travel when needed. I don’t rep for any saddle brand and the impression pad I use gives objective results. Please visit gwenbernardo.com for more information.

2 Likes

Hello, I can’t find any contact info for Tina. If you have it, would you please forward to me? Thanks!

I’ll send you a pm

Hey! I also wasn’t able to find Tina’s contact info! Is there anyway you can send it to me?

Sent a PM