Unlimited access >

Registered sex offender at shows,ETA now in Florida

If you think someone is violating the terms of his/her sex offender registry requirements I would call law enforcement and skip any intermediary like horse show management. Just getting kicked off the grounds is not enough penalty for someone violating his/her terms. He/she should face possible revocation of parole etc. and there needs to be a formal paper trail of this sort of behavior. That’s only going to happen if law enforcement is notified.

17 Likes

Not only all that, but the victim is the one who lost her sport. She suffered the consequences of finally coming forward.

No wonder so many victims do not tell.

5 Likes

Just an update/warning to Florida people, this registered sex offender has relocated. He is now showing at unrated shows there.

2 Likes

are you talking about TN or DO who you mentioned Jul 22

Referring to DO, sorry if that wasn’t clear!

1 Like

Call law enforcement wherever he is. State laws apply but done municipalities also have additional ordinances and regulations for these guys. Let them handle it .

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this info.

3 Likes

You’re very welcome. At least in FL he can be arrested for not registering with the local So Union arriving and leaving each county he goes to, along with any other ordinances etc that individual counties may have enacted.

1 Like

Can you find out if he has registered in Florida?

Never mind. I see on the Nebraska sex offender page that he reported a Florida address in early December. Does Florida automatically know he’s there or does he have to tell them himself?

He still has to reregister in Fl.
Google “Fl sex offender registry” and you search the state database for free

He’s there.

On the Fl registry? Good.

Yes, his address is listed as “permanent” on the Florida site, though the same address on the Nebraska site is listed as “temporary”. However, he has registered and that’s the important bit.

Yes it is. Hopefully he isn’t violating any of the terms of his release oranything

I didn’t take the internet dive into that area. The whole matter is sickening. I didn’t try to find out if the conditions of release were available to the public.

Hopefully people who have kids will pay attention, though according to the facebook page of Double Clear Equestrian Center (which I can see, even though I am not a facebook member) people are sending their young ladies to ride with them in Florida.

Hopefully this 47 year old guy has learned that smacking teenage girls on the bottom and remarking that they aren’t wearing “panties” is not acceptable behavior, and he will cease and desist. I wouldn’t take that chance if I had teenage girls. Most men know better, especially by that age.

I have a hard time processing how anyone could think this is OK. Not one of my male family members would ever think of doing such a thing.

5 Likes

More than half of NoVa apparently couldn’t care less about TN continuing to coach teenagers, and hold camps at the farm on every school break.

I don’t think there were ever any penalties for Sarah for knowingly going to work as an assistant trainer for someone who has been lifetime banned by SafeSport. Even though the clientele they coach are mostly teen girls. And it’s a blatant violation of SafeSport code to facilitate someone getting around a SafeSport ban.

Anyway… if they didn’t hold Sarah accountable in anyway for that situation with TN, I doubt anything will happen to the female trainer in Florida who is an active USEF member, but is still associating with this DO guy, and enabling him to continue on in the horse industry even though he has a record.

It all makes me feel queasy. But many people just can’t be bothered to care about these issues. That’s the glaring truth.

5 Likes

I am saddened to hear that nothing ever came of all that.

4 Likes

Nope. From what I can tell, TNs program and the other farm where SW is now coaching, and the rest of the River Chase staff are working, - well, they are both super busy with lots of teenage riders.

I bet one or the other of their farms will win a “Best of Loudoun” award again this year :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yeah they are busier than ever. Absolutely insane to me. I saw him at a local show and showed show mgmt the article and his ban. Nada was done.

Insanity at its finest.

8 Likes

Wow. Show management ignored it after they were informed of the issue?!?!

The guy was CONVICTED of sodomizing a minor. He was on a sex offender registry for 10 years. He is banned for life by SafeSport. He did try and legally challenge his ban. He lost that challenge.

This is all publicly available information. I understand that when it comes to SafeSport bans, only recognized shows are REQUIRED to enforce them. But an unrecognized show certainly could discretely ask a convicted sex offender who is banned for life by SafeSport to vacate their premises, after a concerned participant informs them of the background facts. Instead… they decided to support the person who sodomized a minor, and enable him to continue participating in sport and interacting with many unsuspecting minors. What a bad & sad choice.

13 Likes