Unlimited access >

Report Site Glitches here!

I see the quote function in Off Topic (I went and opened a thread just to look for that). I too am using Chrome with Windows but not idea what version of Windows.

The lagginess is definitely going to be addressed. They said they have several caching techniques and a secondary web server that they use to improve performance on the site. Those will all be brought back on line by early next week.

1 Like

Guys is speed any better now?

1 Like

Yes. Much better actually.

I want to second that there is no notification when a subscribed thread has a post.

(I was tagged in a post earlier but did not notice if there was a notification for that before I happened to just open the thread.)

I can’t quote any posts.
I can’t edit my own posts, neither original nor follow ups.
I can’t choose which page to go to in a thread with multiple pages.
When I click any of these mentioned buttons, literally nothing happens.

@Bluey the Current Events forum has been down for a long time (on purpose) so won’t be working.

Confirming quote function is also not working for me.

Edit function, flag, like also not working.

Also, in addition to the thread titles not "unbolding’ after being read, the thread also doesn’t recognize that I’ve read it. So, when I click on the “go to first new post” button, it doesn’t remember that I’d previously read to the end, and takes me to the beginning or some other spot (maybe where I left off before the attack).

Current events has been reopened.

(And quoting works fine for me)

@trubandloki thanks! I didn’t realize it had been reopened.

(quoting still doesn’t work for me :wink: )

Thanks for your hard work. We missed you, and each other!

Quote not working “Go to Top” takes you to the list of forums not the top of the current page Page numbers not working at bottom of page No highlighting of Original Poster Font buttons not working

Edit not working, And return not working to make a list (see my previous post above), When hitting “Post Reply” I get a plain white page that says “nodeID” with a bunch of numbers. I have to use the back button to return to the page I replied on.

That may help programmers, that you get the whole packet of code in place of the code itself for that packet.

Web site is running fast enough right now for me, but still can’t see a posting window or edit function on the newly reopened Current Events forum.

Bet programmers are going nuts with those glitches, no two alike to follow to the sources.

Like others, I can’t go to (other) pages using the page numbers or the “Next” button. (Have been waiting 9 minutes currently.) Similarly, I can’t “Like” a post—clicked on it at the same time.

I CAN get to the first page of a post by clicking on the thread title and to the last page by clicking on the arrow(s) after the last poster’s name.

The tag above (post #30) I did get a notification for. I used that notification to come here. The notification has not gone away even though I read the post and left the thread.

I am on a different computer now (chromebook instead of a desktop at work). With this tablet I have all the problems the others are having. edit does not work, no quote, like does not work.

The notification went away when I used the ‘New Topics’ option.

@trubandloki mine did the same thing when you tagged me, but when I clicked on “Notifications” again (after I had come to this page), it did disappear.

And now I’ve tagged you again so hopefully it goes away instead of you having 2 permanent notifications :smiley:

NEXT or PAGE buttons: works on my non blocking browser, Safari,. browser that can block ads, BrAVE, doesnt (iPad iOS 13.x)

I can see “quote” here but can’t use it.