Unlimited access >

Results WEG First Part First Day (Supprising)

http://results.aachen2006.de/Resultpage/Dressur/D1.asp

Leslie Morse and Tip Top scored 64.250 % Rank 15

Mexican Rider Bernadette Pujats supprises with a very well earned 70% Rank 3

Heike & Bonaparte in the lead 75.792%

I think Anky and Edward have to ride records scores ! tommorow

Theo

tomorrow is going to be very very exciting…

hope Sunrise and Imke stay cool and calm and harmonious.

Looks like Aragon and Guenter did well.

Gotta hand it to the Germans–they know how to win.

from www.anky.com

<<AACHEN - A steward disturbed Laurens van Lieren’s ride in The Netherlands this morning. He refused access to the arena because Van Lieren had a sponsor name on the saddle pad. Van Lieren had to rush back to the stable area to get another saddle pad, so there was no time to concentrate. The steward appeared to be wrong and the organisation of the WEG apologised for what happened.
The Dutch asked for a second chance for Van Lieren, but he did not get one.>>

What else is new.

Wait untill I have published my book.

But maybe the steward was a foreigner :confused: and not a German.

The important part is, the steward APOLOGIZED…right?

LOL
LOL

fei stewards know no country

RIDERS should know the rules inside and out

Please read

And yes the riders did know the rules inside and out, but the steward probably not.:no: :mad:

fei stewards know no country
:lol:

In this case it appears to not be an issue of not knowing the rules per se, but of not having read the schedule. Team sponsor logos were allowed by the OC; individual sponsors were not. It’s all in the Schedule per good ol’ art. 136. One would hope both stewards and riders would be familiar with the document…it’s only the freaking BIBLE of any FEI event. But alas…reality is somewhat different.

god I hate vbulletin.:mad:

and yes Herr Chief Steward is German, although for all we know this could have been some other lowly steward…

Actually on further thought I would personally fire any chef d’equipe who did not have a copy of the event schedule ringside because like horsedances said, you can’t rely on the officials to know the rules. OR to know the conditions approved in the schedule. That’s pretty much a crapshoot, even at this level. Sad but true. Sucks for Laurens.

Also, FEI stewards are technically not even ‘licensed’ by the FEI. The NF selects who it wants to be chief stewards for their country, sends the list to the FEI, and the FEI publishes it, period. The FEI does not even have the authority to refuse any names the NF sends them. So they are effectively ‘licensed’ by their NF. (this may very well change in future, that has been talked about for awhile).

I don’t know it anymore

Rules,rules,rules…

At the Sydney Olympics we had the problem with the music-cd of Ulla, and the rules state very clearly that you have to deliver a back-up copy.
If not…you are eliminated. But Ulla was allowed to do her tricks once more.

And this time the German steward didn’t know the rules and gave Laurens a very hard time to do his tricks, but the FEI didn’t allow him a second chance.

Can somebody explain the logic in these kind of decisions, other than that at Sydney Eric Lette was the chief commander and this time La Withages was the Lady Queen :confused:

…but the FEI didn’t allow him a second chance.

I disagree, unless there is more info forthcoming. “The FEI” didn’t take a decision in either case, to my knowledge. “The officials” took a decision. Not the same thing.

COTH reports that saddlepad fiasco was due to miscommunication - that steward was asking one thing while rider was answering another

and COTH reporting that no official request was made for a reride - see “Germans Take The Lead In Action-Packed Day”

I imagine that the officials at Aachen act in the name of the FEI :cool: .

At the Royal Dutch Equestrian Federation’s website George de Jong (highest in rank) stated that he filed an official request, and furthermore I think Anky and Sjef are very good informed and present in Aachen.

could have been made after news report posted

speaking of saddle pads

I see the provider of saddle pads to the US team still does not know how to properly display the flag.

Hey folks The blue field faces forward on a body or object in motion.

I rather see no flag than one displayed improperly

Or just half information,

Also look at the warnings Anky and Edward got in Las Vegas.
Does somebody know all and the exact facts about this occurance :no: and what was there in the press ?

Yes, The Dutch asked for a second chance, although I do not know how ‘official’ and through the correct corridors of power this might have been…

Yes, the mis-information was on the part of the steward.

Yes, sure – Laurens should have gotten into the steward’s face and wasted even more time either explaining the rules/finding someone else to explain the rules (which the steward already knows, that is why, presumably, the person is a steward at a WORLD Equestrian Games))

because that is without a doubt the main job of a rider at WEG–to know all the rules.

Which, come to think of it, Laurens and his team DID know the rules.

But the important thing is…remind me: what’s the most important thing?

Fair play?

Horse sport reaching out to show the supreme harmony between two different species of athletes?

Oh yeah=–it’s the journey, not the destination.