Unlimited access >

Riderless Horses and Horseless Riders--matchmaking service!

Our old riderless horses/horseless riders thread was getting rather long, so it’s time to start fresh.

Please check HERE for the old thread, and feel free to repost here if you were on that thread.

For those who aren’t familiar, this thread is provided for folks with jobless horses looking to match them up with someone looking for a ride…or vice versa.

While it’s OK to ask for a little help cleaning tack or mucking a stall, this isn’t the place to advertise for paid opportunities either way.

Please give a clear, bold title to your post to sum up your location, etc. for easy reference.

Good luck matchmaking!
Mod 1

4 Likes

2 KWPN mares in Gainesville, FL looking for an exercise rider

Two KWPN mare in Gainesville, FL looking for an exercise rider. Must be intermediate-advanced with good flatwork. Please email m.sakurahillfarm@gmail.com if you are interested.

north/central jersey horseless rider

hi all, posting again on the new thread!

been riding for about 13 years, the majority of my experience is in hunters/eq, but have shown up to 1st level dressage and schooled some higher level stuff a few years ago, done a teeny bit of western, exercised polo ponies, started a few youngsters o/f, tuned up kids’ ponies, etc. currently taking h/j lessons 1x a week because that’s all my low-paying job will afford me, and would love to get in another day or two of saddle time during weekday evenings, and maybe the occasional weekend day. i’m small enough to ride medium and large ponies comfortably, but am ok with the bigger guys too. really not picky at all!

2 Likes

Trailriders: Western Tidewater/Central VA ?

Well actually I’m in the middle of nowhere, but someone might be close enough to come ride with me…

Fat lazy trail horses need more work. You can ride as much or as little as you want.

PM me or email sky10237 at aol dot com if you are interested in trailriding.

1 Like

Clarksville, TN

Not quite horseless, but brand new OTTB greenie and would love some more riding time. Adult, hunter jumper and eventing background. Don’t mind greenies, like to hack out or do arena work.

Horseless in Southern Alberta, Canada

I am home in southern alberta for a few months. Would love to go for a hack with someone with an extra horse. Haven’t ridden in a year or so but use to be an intermediate type rider.

P.

Horseless in southern NH

I’m in southern NH looking for a horse to ride. I took the summer off, but was about to move up to the 3’ hunters. I have also done a bit of equitation and jumpers, and have dabbled in eventing in dressage. I’d have no complaints if someone had a horse who needed to be hacked a few times a week, either. I am taking H/J lessons once a week as that is all my student budget will allow. :smiley:

I go to school up here, so I am actually without a car. But I do have access to a bike and know a few others with cars who might be able to drive me if you are not too far.

I’m also totally willing to help out around the barn if need be. :winkgrin:

Riderless Horse - Southern Maryland

Inky, 5 year old TB. Ride 2-3 x weekly. Good boy, very nice mover, was going well, but DD is back to school and I do not have time to train 2 horses. Will pay 2x monthly lesson fees for experienced rider with my dressage trainer. Great opportunity for good rider with limited resources. Small lighted schooling paddock with access to trails and jumps on premises.

Horseless Rider - near Cincinnati, Ohio (in Goshen)

I’m 26 and have been riding since I was 9, first hunters, then dressage. Have my own barn and small lesson program, and a 3 year old mare I just started two weeks ago, but nothing for me to really ride. Would just like to find a horse to hack around once or twice a week to stay fit and work on little things here and there (could potentially ride more if you wanted me to). Can school young horses but I don’t want to deal with anything too stupid. Would love to be able to jump small fences (2 feet), but it’s not a necessity. I’m a very quiet rider, very laid back. I’m 5’6" and 155 lbs. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Riderless Horses, East Central IL

Here at CWER, we are always seeking additional volunteers to come help with the horses. Right now we have an unusual problem - more horses that are riding than we have volunteers to keep them working.

Would gladly discuss a free lease for the winter for several of our mounts to the right handler - -we could transport a reasonable distance; foster would be responsible for all basic costs for the horse during his/her time with the foster – vet expenses would be discussed.

Please get in touch with us directly – email at amc (at) cwer.org.

Thanks!
AnnMarie Cross
cwer.org
Crosswinds Equine Rescue
Sidell IL (near Champaign/Univ of IL/Danville IL/IN state border)

Horseless Rider SOMD/NOVA

Horseless after college; years of experience owning and riding across disciplines. Dressage foundation, confident hacking out. Was lessoning once a week with eventing coach but commute is too far to continue regularly.

Soft hands, conscientious, and motivated but back problems prevent me from taking on the more challenging mounts I once could.

Seeking riderless horse within 45mins of Alexandria, VA. MD side of the bridge seems a better commute than going into VA, but I’m still new to the area and figuring out how to navigate this traffic.

Please email malibumorgan@gmail.com to share your situation and see if I’m a good candidate. Thanks!

Horseless person is no longer interested - sorry!

Horseless in State College/Harrisburg/Lewisburg PA!

Hello! I’m looking to catch some rides in the State College/Lewisburg/Harrisburg PA area.

I’m located in PA (an hour from State College and an hour from Harrisburg) and looking to catch some rides. 23 years old, have been riding since I was 4, consistantly since I was 8. I’ve got lots of experience with green beans, OTTB’s and “special needs” projects. Soft hands and a balenced seat, very forgiving and kind. I’ve done eventing/dressage and hunters so I am very flexible in the way that I ride. Not looking to make money, I’m just really jonesing for some saddle time. Several people on here can vouch from me. I’m about 5’7 and 155lbs, so I fit better on 16.2+ but have been riding large ponies as well, I’m not picky! Thanks guys…my family and friends thank you as well, I’m cranky without rides! I’m not in riding shape right now but muscle up fairly quickly.

Feel free to email me at l.siegrist@yahoo.com or PM me here. Thanks so much!!

Hello, Im looking to half lease my appy/ quarterhorse. She is 14.2 goes mostly english but will wear a western saddle. She loves to trail ride, will go out alone or in a group. Showing really isnt her thing. She would be great for someone who wants to trail ride or take lessons to brush up on their riding skills. She is located in Stillwater NJ (sussex county)

1 Like

Riderless horse-East Lansing, MI

Steady eddy 18YO mare. 14 3 Morgan/Arab/QH cross. Forward but safe safe safe. Really could use someone just hacking around if nothing else!

Large indoor arena. I’m just not getting out of work early enough to ride either horse (I have two). Dressage barn. Great instruction available. Trails. Outdoor arena.

Riderless Large Pony near Seattle, WA

I have a rotten pony, the type who can do quite a bit, but convinces little kids that he knows nothing, available for a junior rider or small adult to play with. Pony is very smart and learns quickly, but gets dramatic if you pull and kick at the same time (go figure). He needs a quiet ride and someone to work with him fairly consistently. I have a different project this winter, and don’t have time to tune up this guy as well.

Rider and pony will have an opportunity to go to local H/J or similar shows next summer with us, participate on a local youth drill team, trail ride on the trails just across the street from the farm, etc, ride with me for companionship/safety on my young OTTB, etc.

In return, all I would ask is that you pitch in with picking the dry lots for our 4 horses on the days you ride. This generally takes 30 minutes, and often I would be out helping.

Rowan is around 14.1 and a bay Morgan/QH cross.

mybelle, you have a PM

Trail Gelding available in Aiken, SC for lease!

8 yo 15hh trail gelding available for lease in Aiken, SC. Been there and done that. He goes in a group or single. Likes to go, but will walk at a quick pace as well. He is a fun boy that is just sitting ready to be ridden. He must stay in Aiken county. Must be a match with him as he is unique. He is a very fun horse to ride.

Let me know! :yes:

No one has anything that needs a few rides near State College or Harrisburg, PA?

Riderless Horses near Ft Collins, CO (1/2 hr from CSU)

16 H Palomino gelding, built like a tank, did hunters and XC but retired to the flat due to soundness issues. Schooled to 2nd level dressage when fit. Hacks alone, self loader, steady eddy type but requires a light/average weight rider. Serviceably sound with corrective shoes.

3 y.o. 14.2H large with petite build, gelding, still green broke but very forward and bold. Hacks alone or in company, crosses bridges, LOVES water, self loads. Learning lateral movements, has a great work ethic. Sound, no shoes. Would be great project for someone wanting to take lessons or bring along a very talented horse but who can’t afford to buy one. He’s probably destined for the hunters or eventing, maybe pony jumpers.

email for more info: margaret.desarno@gmail.com

1 Like