Unlimited access >

Riderless Horses and Horseless Riders--matchmaking service!

Riderless horses near Auburn, Alabama

Off track TBs need work! All are sweet and going nicely. I have a new job and very little time! Horses are on my farm at my home - arena, pasture to ride in and cc jumps!

Green Hunter Mare NoVA

I have a gorgeous Belgian WB mare, 7 yrs, around 16.1 hands that I’m looking to free lease out. I would prefer her go to a Hunter type rider, as she is more suited to that discipline. She has been shown locally, and done fine. She is still green to new places, looks at jumps and will refuse if rider doesn’t give proper calm encouragement. She has nice movement and jump, but is not a “A” Circuit candidate. Please message me for more info.

CT Horseless Rider

My current show horse is going to dropped down a level after showing at 3 feet for 15(!) years. His well deserved semi retirement leaves me with not much to ride. Looking for another Mr Right to bring to the farm where I board and make up to be a show hunter. Anybody?

{Sorta} Riderless Horse in Central MA

Hi all-

I currently have my hands full my own OTTB and my competition horse as well as riding several client horses and my poor other horse has been pushed to the side. He is great. He’s 17.1, big Selle Francias. He was did the high level jumpers in his prime and now is enjoying flatting, hacking, and occasionally a small fence. He is 17 years old and does need maintenance if I wanted to still compete him. I’ve decided to keep him on the best of supplements, the best of care, but let him enjoy a more leisurely lifestyle away from the show ring. He is not a push button to ride-he does have lots of buttons and a strong work ethic. I love riding him because he really does make you ride correctly. He does have stringhalt in his hind legs which causes him to have a high stepping motion-he has had this his whole life and it improves with consistent work and is not a painful condition for him. He is an absolute gentleman on the ground and will stand for hours for loving and grooming. I am looking for someone who would want to enjoy him on the ground as well as keeping him in a dressage focus or simply enjoying hacking. He is currently boarded at a barn in central MA. I would prefer for him to stay on-farm and for someone to half lease him but to the absolute perfect situation I would consider leasing him off property.

1 Like

Soon to be horseless in Orlando, FL

Hi :slight_smile: I’m relocating to Orlando (east side) for work next month. Leaving my dressage horse with her trainer, leaving my beloved schoolhorse with his owner (my trainer), and throwing a wide net for a part-time horse friend in my new home.

Any discipline, some non-arena work would be wonderful.

fingers crossed while I check my PMs.

Thanks.

I have really fancy well bred small pony who is looking for a rider. Goes w.t.c and jumps. great mover and jumpers. Hacks, Looking for a kid who is interested in working with a green pony-showing if they are interested
Located outside of Guelph, Ontario

foxbendfarm@gmail.com

Horseless dressage/jumper adult SOUTHWEST MI

I’ve posted here a few times but no bites so I’ll try again…

I’m a 30 year old college instructor who is horseless after my own horse, a 19 year old OTTB, passed away last year. I’m looking for a horse to ride in either the Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, or Schoolcraft/Three Rivers areas of Michigan. (I work in Grand Rapids, but live in Marcellus, so I am up and down 131 all the time). I take weekly dressage lessons with an FEI instructor(I can provide details), and I trained my own horse up to Modified Jumpers, 2nd level dressage, and Training Eventing. I’d like a horse–any horse or even pony (I’m short/small 5’3 125 lbs)–just to work with on basic dressage between lessons. Young TBs off the track are up my alley, as are Arabs, Morgans, pretty much anything. I enjoy the challenge of relaxing hot/fast horses into dressage work, and I love working on the basics with any horse. I’m not picky–I’d be happy to get any idle horse in your pasture going–young, old, talented, untalented, green, experienced–doesn’t matter. I’d even be willing to do slow careful work with an older horse who doesn’t want to be retired, or work with a youngster. PM me if interested.

Horseless Rider, Tampa area Florida

Hi - I’m in Apollo Beach, Fla. and currently (and likely indefinitely) horseless. Looking for pretty much anything. 10 years ago, I showed junior jumpers. Before that showed to training level eventing, 2nd level dressage had my C-3 in pony club, but quit when I went more jumpery. I’m a little rusty - only have been riding a few times a year for the last five years or so - but I’m still a soft rider with a decent eye. I think the rust comes in feeling problems as early as I used to. I’d probably be more caught by surprise by a bad spook or a dirty stop. I miss having horses in my life - and that’s about it, so I’d love to find any situation that made sense.

Miss having horses in my life, just moved to this area, not working and looking for a bit of an outlet.

Riderless Horses in Central CT

Hi - I have two semi-riderless horses in central CT…

6 yr old Appendix Gelding: Sweet guy who can be free-leased a couple days a week. He is about 15.3 and can do pre-children’s, modified adults and similar stuff. Knows his lead changes and is unflappable around a course.

8 yr old Oldenburg mare: Lovely mare available for a partial lease (couple rides per week). She’s a stunning mover, with auto changes and a huge step. She walks the lines and currently shows in adults. She’s about 16 hands (has a perm card at 15.3 3/4, but she’s got a huge body).

Both of these horses would be available to show if interested. They are boarded at a great, private farm with a nice indoor and lighted outdoor. I just cannot afford full board on both of them (or the time to ride both as often as they should!) so I’m looking for someone to share use with me. Great opportunity to get in the saddle a couple days a week :slight_smile: All you need is a helmet and some boots - I can lend you my saddle (a super comfy Butet) and all other tack.

My two teenage daughters take weekly riding lessons but would like more riding time. They’ve been riding for about two and a half years and can walk and trot confidently. If you are on the South Shore and have a horse(s) that would suit them, please e-mail me at magiadigaited@aim.com Thanks!

Riderless Horse(s) near Wellington/White Fences

Nine year-old dressage horse needs experienced dressage rider to get him back on track. Was doing third level, but then rider just quit coming out without notice/reason.

May have other(s) for the right person(s)

Anybody absolutely love working with green/unbroke??

That has been my experience too.

Mine too.

That has been my experience too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher View Post
Nine year-old dressage horse needs experienced dressage rider to get him back on track. Was doing third level, but then rider just quit coming out without notice/reason.

May have other(s) for the right person(s)

Anybody absolutely love working with green/unbroke??

mine too.

[QUOTE=Susan P;4462132]
That has been my experience too.[/QUOTE]

Riderless Horse in Frederick/Adamstown, Maryland

I’ve tried leasing out my mare but can’t find any takers. I could really use somebody to help me love on her and keep her in shape this winter.

Tazz is a 15 hand bay QH mare. Not marish. Suitable for an advanced Beginner all the way through an advanced rider. Tazz is a “kick on” mare, has decent gaits on the flat, and is a VERY good little jumper.

I’ve love to find somebody to rider her a couple times a week. Rider could also participate in shows if he/she wants.

I have a ton of photos. Tazz competed at Recognized Novice eventing this past summer, and would still be eventing if I hadn’t run out of money. :slight_smile:

Links to pics from Summer 2009:

Morven Novice # 333 http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thumbpage.aspx?e=5360794

Waredaca Novice # 79 http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thumbpage.aspx?e=5128131

Rubicon # 323 http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thumbpage.aspx?e=4781497

MDHT II # 187 http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thumbpage.aspx?e=4952243

Any horseless hunter show riders in Northern Va.?

If so, have fancy 3’ riderless horse ready to pack around a confident, light-handed, kind rider. Please pm for more info.

[QUOTE=Tazzie;4463489]
I’ve tried leasing out my mare but can’t find any takers. I could really use somebody to help me love on her and keep her in shape this winter.

Tazz is a 15 hand bay QH mare. Not marish. Suitable for an advanced Beginner all the way through an advanced rider. Tazz is a “kick on” mare, has decent gaits on the flat, and is a VERY good little jumper.

I’ve love to find somebody to rider her a couple times a week. Rider could also participate in shows if he/she wants.

I have a ton of photos. Tazz competed at Recognized Novice eventing this past summer, and would still be eventing if I hadn’t run out of money. :)[/QUOTE]
You have a pm :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Tazzie;4463489]

I have a ton of photos. Tazz competed at Recognized Novice eventing this past summer, and would still be eventing if I hadn’t run out of money. :)[/QUOTE]

Would you consider a free lease off the farm?

Horseless Rider near San Francisco, CA

My horse recently had a suspensory injury, so I’m looking for a horse to ride! I’ve evented up to Novice level (on both made and green horses), jumped up to 3’9’’, competed upper training-level dressage (schooled movements up to 2nd level), and have experience riding many different types of horses.

I’ve taken a green OTTB on a catch ride to her first Novice (with a 34.5 in dressage and a clean stadium), having only ridden her the day before the event :winkgrin: Also rode a green IDSH mare at BN a few weeks ago.

Looking for a horse to ride 2-5 days per week, and hopefully board at my barn (near Woodside). Please PM me if you know of any opportunities :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Horseless Rider Chateau Elan Area, GA

I have 25 years riding experience. I was a working student for two years for Gigi Nutter, qualified for the Area III YR team in 2000? (man that was a long time ago!), worked for Julie Burns Richards at Fox Hall farm. I have cliniced with Karl Mikolka, Phillip Dutton, Ralph Hill, and Mark Coombs. In addition I grew up riding reiners and cutters and most recently reschooled unwanted sale horses for the roping pen and barrel racing. Lot’s of experience with unbroke young horses and rehabbing OTTB’s. Hoping to get myself another project after the first of the year but looking for something to ride in the meantime and hoping to meet some people on this side of the state! Thanks!