Unlimited access >

RIP @Where_sMyWhite

Please post here or PM.

1 Like

Oh my. She and I are friends on FB. I just went to check on her and saw that she’d passed away. :frowning:

OK. That is the information I had. I’ve edited the title of the thread.

I’ll miss her.

Oh no :frowning: I always enjoyed her posts here and learned a lot from her, especially on the Racing forum. My condolences to all of her connections. :heart: :sob:

Wow, terrible news! She was a regular here and I enjoyed her informative posts. So sorry to hear that.

Shocked and saddened.

Thank you for helping me with my house plants and other stuff Where’s_MyWhite. You were a big part of this board when I joined and I appreciated your inclusiveness.

You will be missed. :two_hearts:

3 Likes

She is the reason I have opuntias and euphorbias in my collection… :broken_heart: :heart:

7 Likes

This is heartbreaking. I’m so sorry to learn this. She was an invaluable member of our community and will be deeply missed.

3 Likes

Oh no… :cry:

2 Likes

So sorry. She will be missed.

1 Like

She will definitely be missed. I loved reading her insights on the racing forum and elsewhere.

1 Like

Always sad to lose a member of this community.
Condolences to her family & friends - both IRL & on this BB.
:dove:

2 Likes

I’m so sad to hear that. She helped me, as a complete stranger, pick out a horse to buy a share in.

2 Likes

Oh my god, this is shocking. We connected through the thread for Kim Horan, and we exchanged a lot of messages. What a kind, thoughtful, generous, and knowledgeable person. What a loss. My condolences to all who knew and loved Kathy.

5 Likes

As a fellow gardener, I always appreciated it when she shared her knowledge about plants. Enjoyed her insightful comments on the topic of racing as well. And any mention of her Border terriers.

She will be (and already is) missed.

6 Likes

Very sad to hear this. She had some wonderful comments about gardening, as well as horses. What a wonderful, kind spirit, to touch so many veritable strangers so profoundly.

Godspeed, dear COTHer. :heart:

6 Likes

I have gone back over the many conversations that I’ve with WMW via PM.

She sent me a PM regarding the Saratoga Sale, and the thread here about it, in 2019.
Since then, none of the big FT or Keeneland sales have gone by without a lengthy discussion between us. Attending one of those sales was something she had really hoped to do.

When MyRacehorse came along WMW was very keen, and she asked for my opinion on the horses she was considering. After the caveat that I have never owned, purchased, or even sat on a racehorse (she promised that she wouldn’t blame me if one that I liked turned out to be a stinker) we happily dissected the pedigree, conformation and movement of whichever horses were on offer. It was fun.

She loved every aspect of horse racing, enjoyed learning about what it takes to get a horse to the track from her MRH experience and didn’t want a share in any horse trained by Baffert (too tough on the youngsters.)

She had a great sense of humor, but was never unkind.

I will miss her very much. No sale will be as fun and no race with a MRH horse running, as thrilling, without her enthusiasm.

Goodbye to you, friend to so many of us. It was very good to know you.

24 Likes

Is there anything we can do in remembrance?

2 Likes

Condolences to her family and friends, she will be missed greatly.

1 Like

So sorry. She will be missed. I always appreciated her posts.