Unlimited access >

RIP WILLEM 1982-2003

So sorry for your loss…but I am so glad such a wonderful horse had such a wonderful owner to take care of him and love him.

hugs
~kari, Bluesy & Jet

Aw damn. I wanted Willem to live forever. I’m so very sorry Coreene. It’s so unbelievably sad that these wonderful strong creatures are so fragile and are with us such a short time.

Willem had 11 blissful years with you. He was loved, cherished, and adored. And, in the end, you gave him a pain free, dignified departure. No horse could ask for more.

Coreene,
I am so glad that you were able to be with Willem until the end…it’s a very hard thing to do, and very hard to witness, but I beleive they are comforted by knowing we are with them all they way. Try not to remember him under the HB cover, but as he ran and played! And know how much he loffed you!!!

My horse bucked off your honor student!

So sorry, Coreene

Thank you for sharing Willem with us.

Somewhere…Somewhere in time’s Own Space
There must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow
Some Paradise where horses go,
For by the love that guides my pen
I know great horses live again.
~ Stanley Harrison

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

I’m so very sorry Coreen.

SueCoo & the Redhead (a/k/a “Atlanta”)
Life without horses is possible, but pointless…

{{{{HUGS}}}}

So sorry for your loss

So sorry that Willem is gone ,but he left a legacy of much joy on this BB where the horse lovers have gathered.It was was good to be able to have a laugh while you made your way through Willam’s musings.Actually it helped many through some bad days. Thank you ,Coreene ,for sharing him with us.

Allyn McCracken
Sport Horse Breeder
www.bannockburnfarmllc.com

My old gray pony loved those cookies too, she’ll probably gladly share some with him up there is horse heaven

Thanks for sharing all his adventures with us!

No words can begin to say how sorry I am for your loss. I was jingling and pulling for the big man.

It seems as if we’ve lost sooo many this year.
RIP Willem.

OH COREENE…I am SOOOOOOOO sorry .

Willem will be missed by all of us. He was SOOOOO lucky to have you as a friend, partner and ‘mommy’, just as you were blessed by having him in your life.
I don’t have any words to make any of this better, no one will. Thinking of Willem galloping freely across the green pastures brings a smile to my face, even through the tears I shed for you.

Dear Willem, reading your posts (as tough as some of them were, lol) brought smiles to our faces. You will be souly missed by all that loved you. Godspeed to you…dance with wings across the clouds~

Coreene~ Hugs to you. I wish you strength through the tough days ahead. May you find peace in the memories of your beloved steed~

Natalie

“A horse is a horse of course of course”…This person obviously never met MY horse!
Who Knew
Frosted Flakes

I’m sorry, Coreene.

Oh no

My heart dropped when I saw the title… I am so sorry Coreene… So very sorry… Bless your heart… I feel for you… You were such a good mom to him… He was such a good friend to you…

Rest in peace Willem, we will always remember you!

I’m crying, so sorry Coreene. Such a mysterious disease that even with all the advances and the best of nutrition the experts still don’t understand it or how to fix it. As I read yoru sad news I swear I heard this deep nicker coming from behind me, it made me turn my head and sent a wave (not a chill) up and down my spine. Your best fella isn’t in pain anymore. He really tried hard to overcome this and you proved yourself well up to the task of carrying out the most noble thing a care giver can do.

In a state of grace he left a world of pain and I’m certain he was very, very thankful for you and the wonderful years you had, and the way you proved just how much you really loved him to the end.

I am so very sorry!
We were just talking about your sweet boy yesterday at a bbq.

Godspeed Willem…

I would rather laugh with the sinners, than cry with the saints - The Piano Man

I am at a loss for words… My heart cries for you, Coreene, and the rest of us. We have lost a dear friend. Thank you for sharing him with us - I think we all learned quite a bit from our dear Willem. Now, it is his turn to share his wisdom with those who have gone before us.

You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do. -Bono

Oh no! I have laughed SO hard at Willem’s comments that I’ve nearly never been able to type replies, but I have certainly enjoyed the reading! Correene, I am SOOOOOOO sorry!! With 2 older ponies on my hands, I am hoping I’ll be as brave and reasonable as you’ve been when it’s my turn to make hard decisions.

MCL

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that. My dear horse Puffthewhitedragon passed away 2 months ago after an almost month long battle after colic and multiple surgeries. I know the sting.
Willem is up with Puffy now and I’m sure they wil make great friends.
Sometimes God has other plans for our beloved friends and he needs to take them from us. Do not be sad. Heaven is the greatest place imaginable and he has deserved it well.
You made a very brave decision.
{{HUGS}}

CrowneDragon
As Peter, Paul, and Mary say, a dragon lives forever.

Oh, Corrine!!! <<<<<HUGS>>>>>>

I am SOOOOO SORRY!!!

It’s OUT! Linda Allen’s 101 Exercises for Jumping co-authored by MOI!!!

Coreene,

Spookily I was thinking of part of another poem of his when I began reading this thread. I use it as my signature on another board. I hope it is okay if I post it.

Twilight gathers and ends our play
Hoofs in the distance echo away;
Shadows into the dusk we pass
Come what may, We have had our day
Over the grass

• Will H. Ogilvie