Unlimited access >

RIP WILLEM 1982-2003

Oh Coreene, I’m so sorry. And to Willem, thanks for the witty comments about life in general. You enriched mine.

When life gives you llamas, make llamanaid

Oh Coreene, I am so very sorry for your loss!

You did the brave thing for your friend and have my deepest respect for making such a very hard choice!!

Happy B-Day Willem! See you on the other side!!

Corinne, my love, I am so sorry for your loss. I am, in fact, heartbroken and writing through tears - I suppose of both joy and sorrow.

The joy is inspired by the the generosity with which you shared the inimitable Willem - so that he felt, in some small way, our own. Darling, how many horses can incite such laughter to so very many, many strangers? The joy is also in recognition of the karma, the fates, what-have-you, who blessed you with such an incomparable dude of a horse.

Sorrow, well, it’s the damned unfortunate flip-side of joy.

Please know that we, I, are all here for you and share in some remote way your loss.

Please take care of yourself - call, email, visit if and when you need.

I’ll look for the chestnut star in the sky tonight, chomping on an apple, flirting with the angels, and I’ll blow him a kiss.

Much love and hugs.

Our deepest condolences…

Oh Noo! Coreene, I am so sorry for your loss. We are grieving with you. Thank you so very much for sharing Willem with us, and thank you for being such a loving, caring mom so that he did not suffer.

Willem will truly be missed.

Coreene, I’m so very sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Willem. He was such a big part of the bulletin board here, and he always brought a smile to my face.

I hope he meets up with my dear Lena, who crossed over the Rainbow bridge last November.

Take care and cherish the memories of Willem.

“No matter where you go, there you are”

My name is BARNEY, Willem wuz one of my best friends. Me and Willem and Copper and Rufus and Peanut hanged out together. I just wanted to tell you how sad we all is, weez still hanging out but he don’t be here but we keeped a place in his honor on Saturday night when weez played poker. I ain’t gonna be here no more to post after this time, but I wanted to tell you that Willem he wuz up to no good all the time, there wuz a time when weez wuz gettin’ Rufie all tanked up so he went to sleep and we stoled that Irish crap he drinks and weez wuz drinkin’ it for hours. I don’t remember nuthin’ after that but Willem has a picture of me passed out in the A row at the stables. Copper tolded me he wuz pokin’ me and saying “Barney, Barney do you be daid?” and all I could do was flap my tail. So he throwed a bucket of water on me and nuthin happened so he went home.

He wuz owing me a lotta money but I went and taked it from his coffee can on Saturday night. Then I got drunk and lost it all to Peanut, them ponies they be up to no good all the time and heez the spawn of the devil. Weez wuz gonna take all the money but it belongs to the new horse. I dunno when heez gonna come here but it’s a nice horse house and heez gonna be really lucky to live there. I hope heez a better English speaker, Willem wuz always going on in that German stuff. Sometimes he wuz watching Hogan’s Heroes and no one could talk to him for days.

He talked about people on the internet and how the thought you wuz all really nice and he met a lot of people here. Weez wuz talking about it a lot.

Don’t be sad about him, he wuz always pretty black and white about this stuff. Weez wuz talkin and he said if the feet they didn’t get better then weez could just know he wuz holding a spot for us in a cool pasture. So don’t be said.

Well, bye. Ain’t gonna post here no more but weez heared y’all beez sad and we didn’t want you to cry no more.

Coreene,

I haven’t posted because I keep hoping I’ll find the right words to say. But I can’t think of any other words except:
I can’t believe it. I am so sorry. You did what was right.

It is funny though… I think I can still feel the loff…

I am so sorry for your loss Coreene.

I’d been following Willem’s posts for a long time, LONG before I started posting here myself. To lose him is so sad. He always made me laugh, and whenever I read his posts, I heard them in my head as my Dutch friend’s voice.

I need to get off before my tears short circuit my keyboard…

“Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sunlight, and neighs in the dark.” Claddagh Gypsies of Ireland

"…for what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?
And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from it’s restless tides, that it may rise and expand to seek God unencumbered?

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then you shall truly dance." -Kahlil Gibran

My deepest sympathies for your loss, Coreene. You are truly brave, as was Willelm.

~Jilltx

“If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten”

Words utterly fail me.

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

You brave, brave woman. God bless you.

“I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship.”
-Louisa May Alcott

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lilblackhorse:

Well you know you have a famous horse when people in Heaven start posting on the bb …it startled me at first, but then I thought “How perfect” because Dee Dee was my first thought when I heard Willem had passed.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This really threw me too, but I had the same though as you LBH–what a fitting send off for Willem!

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what its all about?

Coreene, I just got back after going to put the horses out. It’s a beautiful clear night and we saw some shooting stars. I think Willem was making a splashy entrance up above.

We still need a smiling through tears graemlin.

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.

Dear Coreene, you and Willem are in my thoughts and prayers.

My condolences and big hugs to you!!

ouch* There is a hole in my heart right now. Willem we will all miss you so so much.

Coreene… thank you soooo much for sharing your precious Willem with us, he was so very special and will be missed more than words can say.

~ Not the sharpest crayon in the tool shed, are we? oh wait… ~

YOur graciousness and wise words through all of this is inspiring. May I remember this when it is time for me to make this decision. I am so very sorry for your loss. He was truly blessed to have you, and you him. Time is a gift that we need to cherish. May you feel his breath on your neck and his loving nuzzle from over the bridge. Godspeed, Willem.

well, I can’t say anything more than has already been said, but I would like to add that I admire your courage to not only do the right thing, but to handle yourself so well in the face of a painful choice.

I made the mistake or reading this at work when I first got in this morning-I don’t have tissues at my desk, and had to borrow some macdonalds napkins from a coworker…

oh dear god.

When I read teh subject I got chills.

I’m so very sorry.

Generally, by the time you are Real, most
of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop
out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby.
But these things don’t matter at all, because once
you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people
who don’t understand.

-theveleteenrabbit

Wow…I was so shocked when I saw this thread. Although I’m fairly new to the BB, Willem’s posts always brought a smile to my face. He will be dearly missed by all of us.

you know I can’t let you slide through my hands…wild horses couldn’t drag me away…

Oakbridge Equestrian Centre