Unlimited access >

Rob from Major League Eventing

I just read he passed away. :cry:

My husband found his podcast after it first started and was hooked immediately. Then he had to fortune to run in to him at Landrover last year. He and Karen could not have been nicer to a bunch of adult ammies who are big fans of the sport.

He surely will be missed and my thoughts are with his family.

13 Likes

They had such fun and did a marvelous job with the podcast. They were good for the sport. He was larger than life. Just very sad.

6 Likes

This is such a huge loss! Rob was so passionate about growing the sport and getting involved. Sending my condolences to his family and friends.

4 Likes

This knocked the wind out of me when I read Karen’s FB post this am. The loss of Rob is huge for our eventing community, but devastating for his family whom he adored. I’m at a loss for words, but can say it was always a pleasure seeing and working with them at events. He will be greatly missed.

7 Likes

What?! Just listened to their episode from Saturday. I’m speechless. So sorry for his family.

5 Likes

Oh my gosh, I was just listening to their Goresbridge Go for Gold episode and thinking what a warm, infectious laugh he has.

5 Likes

Same. I just cannot believe it. DH and I so enjoyed their podcast and meeting them. It’s unreal.

5 Likes

I just cannot process it. My heart is breaking for them. The thing that always came across in the podcast is how much love there was

5 Likes

Oh my, what a loss. Do we know what happened?

2 Likes

It’s such a tragic loss, gone way too soon! I was really shocked to see it this morning. The sport has lost a great ally and I can’t even imagine the loss for his family and friends.

I haven’t seen anything about the cause. He was open on the podcast about having a previous heat attack. I wonder if it was heart related?

4 Likes

I am so incredibly sad to see this - Rob was a wonderful ambassador and ally for our sport and he will be deeply missed by many.

5 Likes

Rob & Karen’s podcast is what got me into podcasts. It is the first podcast I ever listened to regularly. He will be deeply missed.

6 Likes

I agree, this news knocked the wind out of me too. I never got the opportunity to meet him but even so, he felt like a friend after listening to the podcasts and his interactions. What a kind, hard working gentleman. He will be so missed and my heart goes out to Karen and their sons.

10 Likes

I’m so sorry and stunned. I listen to podcasts often, including Major League Eventing, and it’s so strange to think that someone you listen to like a friend is gone.

Last year, half the team of another non-horse podcast that was a fixture in my life (All About Agatha) passed away.

Just terribly, terribly sad when someone who has so much to give and so much zest for life passes suddenly.

8 Likes

Oh wow, how terrible. Sending thoughts to Karen and their sons - gone much too soon.

Life can really be unfair. :cry:

3 Likes

This is so sad! I am gutted for his family. His positive attitude and passion was infectious. I could say so much but I feel like we all just lost the greatest horse show dad.

9 Likes

Exactly how I’m feeling at the moment.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Horse Radio Network’s Horses in the Morning podcast did a tribute today.

5 Likes

He was so young. (Well, relative to me…)

2 Likes