Unlimited access >

ROLEX 2017 ISO TICKETS, INFORMATION, ETC

Hi all, I didn’t see a title like this elsewhere so thought I’d start a thread for this. I figured since I had a question to ask the group, and something to offer, maybe others would too, so in my limited thread experience…trying this out.

We are going again this year and it was a little last minute as we just got our tickets over the weekend.

What we were unable to acquire was a Premium Parking for Friday dressage.

Any chance there’s someone out there who has one that we can buy from them? Please message me if you can help.

Also, we are tailgating on XC day and there’s multiple ground admission tickets as part of that package. We have 2 grounds admission tickets from that package that we are not using. If you need 1 or 2 please message me!

That’s weird. I also just bought tix this weekend and the only premium parking I saw was for the whole thing, not day by day…

If anyone has a campsite and is tent camping and wouldn’t mind splitting with another (lone) traveler with their own tent, please let me know!

AH! You are right! Thank you!! In that case…if, once we get closer, someone wants to unload one at a discounted rate (we are only there Fri/Sat this year) let me know!

Is there another “Going to Rolex” thread? I’m going for the first time, and though I’m meeting someone there who has gone a few times, I’m sort of a planner and thought a thread might be useful. Do’s and Don’ts? ETC :slight_smile:

We don’t have tickets to the event or hotel or flight yet (me from CA, she from TX)

[QUOTE=Fancy That;9035056]
Is there another “Going to Rolex” thread? I’m going for the first time, and though I’m meeting someone there who has gone a few times, I’m sort of a planner and thought a thread might be useful. Do’s and Don’ts? ETC :slight_smile:

We don’t have tickets to the event or hotel or flight yet (me from CA, she from TX)[/QUOTE]

Do: bring sunscreen and a raincoat. A nice backpack for hauling around freebies and purchases is nice since going back to the car is a bit of a trek.

If you arrive early enough each day, you will get a parking space right on the other side of the campground. This dumps you right on the xc course when you enter the grounds. Walk down the hill past the warmups and the stadium is on the left. There are golf carts making the parking lot loop as well if you’re beat at the end of the day.

The makers mark tastings are popular, buy now if you want one. I never buy dressage seats until day of, but if you want covered seats then get them online ahead of time.

1 Like

I just read on H & H that Michael Jung was planning to bring Fischerrocana and Fischertakinou.

1 Like

FancyThat, get on that hotel thing right away. You are late…lots of regular attendees book for the following year when they are checking out.

My daughter and I went in 2014. I think I booked the motel in November when we hadn’t even finalized plans for the trip yet, and the pickins’ were slim. Maybe you will luck into a cancellation?

1 Like

Agreed on the hotels! We weren’t planning to go this year but at the last minute (meaning, after early bird RK3DE ticket sales) we decided to go but just for 2 days. We are staying a little farther away.

the expo is enormous. Just enormous. If you want to shop, keep on the RK3DE website as they will post a list of vendors.

If you are into meeting the riders, there are autograph/selfie opportunities but they are short. The stadium where dressage is held had a white board listing the known riders, location, and times. I stumbled across Michael Jung on accident. Some of the booths will have their own white boards listing riders at their booths and this is not always going to be on the board at the stadium.

You may experience all 4 seasons in the span of 1 weekend. I didn’t pack my much boots and on XC day, as seems typical, it rained! Made it fun to walk around the course!

I’m a dressage rider and I got the commentary headsets last year for the dressage. I personally loved listening to the commentary.

Get your RK3DE logo gear early.

If you are planning to buy Dubarry anything, they have it. I’ve never, ever seen such a busy tent! They must have sold 1000 muck boots!

Hoping they return…just down the way from Dubarry are two women who run the best bloody mary tent ever! We frequented their tent :slight_smile:

Makers Mark: BUY NOW. They have limited space and each tasting is a certain amount of time. However, if you hit the right time of day, you might score a table in the bar where they have the tasting, which turns out to have a TV and is out of the sun (or rain!)

There’s a million other things going on so be sure you get a print of the daily schedule where other events are on the property.

I got the phone app, it was a great tool and I used it a lot to keep track of leader board, ride times.

And to anyone reading this…I still have 2 XC ground admission tickets that are yours for free, just message me! First come first serve :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all! Just a note that we have a winner for our 2 XC grounds admission tickets, so they are no longer available.

Not meaning to hijack, but the CDCTA Online Auction has a pair of Rolex general admission tickets in the auction. Current bid is $55 and the auction closes on 2-15-17. We also have lots of other eventing related stuff from lessons, to entires, to gift cards, to art, to feed, etc.

Web: https://www.biddingforgood.com/CDCTA
Mobile: https://bforg.com/CDCTA

1 Like

Are there Makers Nark tickets this year? I did a quick search and can’t find anything, my hubby would appreciate that, would be nice!

Don’t wait to get your stadium tickets, they sell out every year now.

Yeah, they are down to the bleacher seats for Sj.
Assuming you are there on Friday, make sure you sign up for a guided XC walk. Jimmy Wofford often does one, as do others. They will talk you through the challenges and questions and give you a chance to plan your Saturday.
It always rains at least one day.
Make dinner reservations Sat night if you don’t feel like waiting in hour plus long lines.

[QUOTE=Fancy That;9035056]

We don’t have tickets to the event or hotel or flight yet (me from CA, she from TX)[/QUOTE]

If you are planning to go to Sunday’s stadium jumping, you need to get tickets NOW. All that is left are bleacher seats at this point, last time I looked, and you should absolutely grab those even if you try to find better seats from people whose plans change closer to time. Sunday can be a tough ticket and always sells out quickly, particularly the covered seats since it has rained the last few years. You have to have a grounds pass AND a stadium seat for dressage and stadium jumping days.

And get your hotel ASAP too - as others have said, many people who go every year book when they are checking out or when their preferred hotel opens its books for the following year, I think we booked our rooms back in August or September! Definitely get a bird-in-hand reservation, and then you can always keep your eye out for cancellations other places if you want to trade up, although cancellations tend to be slim.

It is well worth the trip, such a fantastic weekend! I can’t wait to go back!

1 Like

My friends and I booked our AirBnb back in November the day after we bought our tickets :lol:

Can’t wait to go! It’ll be my first time!

I’m so excited to go back!!! I’m hoping to be able to split a hotel with a friend (she’s not sure if she is coming yet). I found a hotel last minute last year but it was…not good. :lol:

Definitely agree on the backpack idea. I had a ton of bags despite not doing a lot of shopping!!

If you are a whiskey drinker make damn sure you try a Man O’ War. I wanted to put mine in a sippy cup but realized that would have been a bad idea.

1 Like

We are going just for XCountry this year. DH and a friend are going so we are combining it with a bourbon trail trip and some Keenland racing in between. Since I have only gone all 3 days before and had a premium parking pass - where do you park for Xcountry and what time should we get there if we want to get GOOD parking for Xcountry?

1 Like

[QUOTE=DarkenStormy;9043298]
We are going just for XCountry this year. DH and a friend are going so we are combining it with a bourbon trail trip and some Keenland racing in between. Since I have only gone all 3 days before and had a premium parking pass - where do you park for Xcountry and what time should we get there if we want to get GOOD parking for Xcountry?[/QUOTE]

I am not sure where the premium parking is because we have always stayed in campground. But all the parking for XC day will be in the campground fields. There is always a line to get in so the earlier you are there, the better. The fields fill up and you get pushed further and further back from the gate.

Thanks. We are early risers and want to have bfast at the track so that will work fine.