Selevit Injectable

I do not believe that matters. What matters is what tests positive. Either traumeel leaves no discernable amounts after x hours (unlikely) or what it does leave is not on the list of prohibited substances.

USEF is different in that it has a helpful list of what is allowed and prohibited and goes out of its way to educate members. FEI has a very short list with w/d timeframes for some more commonly used drugs, but make no guarantee that your horse will be clean under that timeline. It also takes some sleuthing to find that list. They also have an extensive list of hell no not ever drugs and ā€œacceptableā€ drugs where no timeline is given (my personal fave is Diclofenac cream, leaving me to wonder how long before an event should I stop using it on ME to avoid a positive test on my horse). Then there are substances that just arenā€™t on the list. I stopped buying Sore No. More years ago becauseā€¦ usef list. I never even thought to check and see whether those ingredients are on the FEI list, even though I know the lists are not the same.

2 Likes

Reminds me of The Memory of Water.

1 Like

Stands to reason that a production error with the people making the IV spiritual vibration water could be a serious issue. Selevit is at least an actual drug made by an actual drug manufacturer. Presumably the risk of anaphylaxis is known with that because itā€™s being monitored because itā€™s a real drug. FDA isnā€™t a huge fan of traumeel injecable: Medinatura Inc - 596269 - 06/11/2020 | FDA

2 Likes

Either allopathic or homeopathic, it depends on how robust the regulatory oversight is, doesnā€™t it?
Case in point would be the various compunding errors that make the news, or the shortages of various drugs due to recalls after reported adverse effects traceable back to the manufacturer.
If the regulatory authorities exercise due diligence, there should be no difference between allopathic or homeopathic injectables in terms of whatā€™s in the bottle.
Iā€™m not endorsing the stuff, I just think the Selevit was far more likely to be the issue that caused the reaction in this case.

3 Likes

I said nothing at all about adenosine.
Not sure where that got introduced.
Fun fact: adenosine is the backbone of ATP, which is required for energy production.

1 Like

And I wrote atropine.
No idea where the adenosine came from.
Another caveat wrt atropineā€“horses are quite sensitive to its effects, one of which is decreasing gut motility.
I always warn clients who are using atropine eye ointment to stop immediately if the horse appears to have any GI discomfort.

11 Likes

They were responding to post 30. Confusing, since the thread is QUITE long.

1 Like

Ahhā€“thank you.
I was looking in all the posts with lists of homeopathic ingredients ad wondering where it was.
It actually contributes to the idea that the Selevit was the primary culprit in this shitshow.

9 Likes

Am I confused?

1 Like

See above.
I hadnā€™t realized you were going so far back in the thread, since you didnā€™t reference the post in question.
My apologies.

6 Likes

Ahh OK.

Oh, and for the record, the only route of parenteral administration Iā€™ve seen listed for AMP is intramuscular, with a strident warning that IV administration can be fatal.
So youā€™re definitely right there.

12 Likes

Not so fun fact: people use Adenosine on their horses to make them quiet at horse shows. Wish USEF would get on that.

I had someone (not a vet) recommend it for a horse of mine that gets amped up. I was like, yeah, not interested in messing with his heart. Yeesh

16 Likes

Ohforgodssake. Iā€™m assuming it would have to be obtained from a vet?

3 Likes

I imagine so

1 Like

Youā€™d think so, but it took me under a minute to find it for order on the web.

4 Likes

Well thatā€™s the new dumbest thing Iā€™ve ever heard.

6 Likes

Is it the equivalent of taking a beta blocker which I know people do for anxiety. Or does it work another way?

1 Like

It is a fairly potent vasodilator, so Iā€™d guess the ā€œcalmingā€ effect woould be via hypotension.

4 Likes

:flushed:

3 Likes