Unlimited access >

"sensitive" question for you girls out there

So I am coming out of lurkdom to ask a wierd question about something that I have always had problems with that was addressed by someone(not me ) on everyone’s favorite ‘other board’ a while ago:

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I’m sure all of you guys ride without stirrups…I do all the time cuz it’s good for you yadda yadda lol, but do any of you ever get sores from it…down there.I was talking about it with some of the other girls I ride with. Someone brought up the question “Does it happen to guys?” Ouch. That’s the only thing I hate about riding without stirrups. My muscles are fine and everything, but sores hurt So what do you do to prevent and/or treat them? http://www.towerheads.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=001233 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do to um…stop it? No real answers on the TH thread-anyone here have any ideas? I’m serious here people!

Vector

1 Like

Unfortunatly, I dont think that this is a curse of the older gals because it has been happening to me since I was 12 or so. Ten years later, it still happens. Maybe I am strange…who knows. I’ll try the stuff you all suggested. God knows it can’t hurt to try!

BTW, isn’t glide usually used as a lubricant for…uh…something else?

I’m not even going to ASK what “camel toe” is…

It’s in Webster’s Dictionary…

Lori,I’ve never had one to be honest[not down “there” anyway]

Astroglide!!Butter butts!!Bodyglide!!or boring old KY.or even Vasaline would all be of great help ,when Panty liners don’t do it,and your depending on depends.

OMG I hope I never have to face any of you guys.May-be I’ll hide my COTH BB cap.

No I won’t,I’m just too proud of my little cap.

after riding in literally every venue of riding except stunts and circus tricks this problem has never been one of mine.BLECH!!!

Duffy…quit playing innocent. There’s NO WAY I believe you don’t know what camel toe is!!

Vtrider: As always, I salute your humor!

ROTFLOL - and the problem is I am sitting in a COMPUTER store as they are fixing my new machine that still doesn’t work…

They haven’t a clue what I am giggling about - probably a good thing!

Uhmm… isn’t Astroglide and KY Jelly used for something else and not chaffing?

And, vaseline is too oily

- K a h l u a -
PIX

So I am coming out of lurkdom to ask a wierd question about something that I have always had problems with that was addressed by someone(not me ) on everyone’s favorite ‘other board’ a while ago:

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I’m sure all of you guys ride without stirrups…I do all the time cuz it’s good for you yadda yadda lol, but do any of you ever get sores from it…down there.I was talking about it with some of the other girls I ride with. Someone brought up the question “Does it happen to guys?” Ouch. That’s the only thing I hate about riding without stirrups. My muscles are fine and everything, but sores hurt So what do you do to prevent and/or treat them? http://www.towerheads.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=001233 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do to um…stop it? No real answers on the TH thread-anyone here have any ideas? I’m serious here people!

Vector

Yes, if there’s no tack shop nearby, you can always find Glide in your local shop for naughty things!

If you’re near a bike shop, you can find one product called “Bodyglide,” and another called “Butt-R,” both of which are effective against chafing. We cycle chicks also find a big glob of Vaseline to be helpful.

Don’t wear jeans.

And another thing – there is some great anti-chafing stuff that is sold in cycling shops. I couldn’t have lived without it on a 150 mile bike ride I did a couple of years ago.

It’s just not every day that a bunch of women talk about camel toe.

BIKE PANTS

go to your local cycling shop. Lycra, padded. Just great.
Think Lance Armstrong!

Yeah, I know what your talking about but it isn’t only with work without stirrups. Generally I have problems when my saddle has slipped too far back and I end up posting or doing my sitting trot on the pommel. I usually have to get off and adjust my saddle at least once or twice in the beginning of my ride. You may want to consider a breastplate or a chamois to keep your saddle in place. Once you take care of the saddle problem the other problem should go away. You can also try riding in a saddle with a lower pommel and see if that helps.

I don’t know what you wear to ride but you may also want to consider something without a zipper. Kerrits work great !

Good luck

Vector,I think you are refering to KY.Glide is made specifically for horse back riding.I think!!!

We are all made a little differently in the nether regions,so yes riding may make you quite sore.Add the senior years and incontinence,to varying degrees and it can be very uncomfortable.

I swear I had not a clue, until VTrider so kindly described it in her email to me!

This is why god invented pantyliners.

Lovepat underwear has no seams in the crotch area, only on the sides. It is the same as the $12 underwear you see in the catalogs, the tan ones with the horse logo. Lovepats are $5 a three pack at Kmart, and come in all sorts of patterns, material and colors. They streeeeach, so if you are between sizes, size down.

Three words: Padded riding underwear.

You can order them from Dover and Stateline. They’re comfy and aren’t noticeable.