September Yearling Sales 2020

I like More Than Ready x The Crane. Have no idea if she’ll be popular with the buyers.

Hip #1203 1Million.:slight_smile:

More Than Ready x The Crane 170K hammer RNA

Maybe you should stop being so hateful and critical of others. Just a thought. You and Skydy often act like internet bullies and it is rather sad; to be honest. It’s even sadder that there are people hiding behind their keyboard liking your disparaging comments. My comment was a generic one; not something that deserves the criticism of every word I wrote; like you are continuing to waste your time and breath on. Arrogates are proving to be rather strong headed. My comment of Tapit was a comparison of the two. Not that either were related. You took it into your own context. Your fault; not mine. Move along internet bully…

If you dislike what I have to say or disagree with it, both of you are free to keep scrolling or better yet; put me on block so you never have to worry about disagreeing with my personal opinion. :cool:

Ummm, LaurieB and Skydy have been very generous in answering my questions—more than expected. If you think LaurieB is “hiding”, I suggest you either click on her link or “google” her.

To be honest, I found your comment/comparison of ‘Tapits’ confusing.

6 Likes

It’s ironic that you’re accusing me of hiding when you post behind an alter and I do not. :lol:

Any time you want to compare real life (ie, not imaginary) credentials in the TB racing and breeding world, feel free to let me know. If you find my correcting your mistakes to be bullying, then I can only advise that you stop posting your often-wrong random ideas as facts.

Though you obviously feel you have nothing to learn here, some people come to this racing board to be introduced to the world of TB racing and breeding. Your fictional posts not only do those people a disservice, but they confuse the heck out of everyone else

That is why I do not scroll on by as you think I should do. If you hadn’t obviously confused Tapit and Unbrldled’s Song in the first place, none of this conversation would have even taken place.

By the way, I would have replied sooner, but rather than hiding behind a keyboard I spent the morning at Churchill Downs watching our racehorses on the track.

6 Likes

Maybe you should be less sensitive to posts contradicting or questioning due to lack of understand what you say by posters that I trust far more than others.

I know I am often confused by your comments.

If ‘ignore’ worked, we could use it. :lol: Scrolling through potentially incorrect or misleading comments and ignoring them does no good for the readers who continue to read and not realize the content maybe confusing or misleading, no?

5 Likes

I always thought book 1 was the “best” yearlings. Are books 2 and 3 better than book 1? As far as bloodlines, conformation, etc.?

P.S.

Upon reflection, I feel obliged to add that I am highly offended by your accusing me of being an internet bully because you don’t like my countering your fantasy facts with the truth.

COTH is not your hometown, your school, your church, or your workplace. Your participation is totally voluntary. If being here makes you feel bullied, perhaps you can come up with an easy solution for that. (I know I can.)

Another solution would simply be to stop making things up. Then I wouldn’t have anything to say to you at all.

4 Likes

No, you’re right. book 1 is the cream of the crop. But it’s also the most competitive book to be in.

The sire of your yearling had better be one of the Top Five or the most popular 1st year horse. Your physical and vetting has to be perfect. And ideally, your dam should come from a deep family and be a stakes winner herself. Because that’s what you’ll be selling against–and what your horse will be compared to by potential buyers.

Very few horses possess every quality it takes to be a successful book 1 horse. And if your “product” has even one small ding buyers will quickly look elsewhere. There’s a lot less pressure in books 2 and 3. Plus there’s a chance for a really really nice horse to be a standout, whereas in book 1 he might have been just another yearling.

1 Like

When you have misconceptions and clearly don’t understand the terms you are using, you are not being "bullied " when their proper usage is explained to you, you are being taught the correct term or meaning of the term.

When people post on a forum they usually do so because the subject of the forum is of interest to them. On this forum you have claimed to own race horses and have an agent accompany you to the sales, when that has been shown clearly not to be true by your own words and your lack of understanding of many basic breeding and sales terms and procedures.

There is much that you don’t understand about Thoroughbred breeding and when you continue to prove that by writing nonsensical posts here, someone is bound to correct you.

It’s not bullying, it’s education about a subject you seem to be interested in but don’t know much about.

I’m sorry that you take such a defensive posture when people try to explain things to you or when they don’t understand your comments, because there is much to be learned.

4 Likes

There were a couple of (I thought) nice Arrogates today. Two more coming up. One looks nice, and the other doesn’t have video.

There’s a long way to go in this sale but his first crop seems to be well received, along with those by Classic Empire and Gun Runner.
Most of Keen Ice’s get have yet to be presented we’ll see how his sell.

It will be interesting to see how they do at the track.

Arrogate hip #1528 95K hammer.

RNA

Mastery and Practical Joke are also doing very well with their first crops. :yes: It’s always fun to see what the new guys get.

Nice More Than Ready colt hip #1566 coming up. I usually like MTR better than the buyers do though.:slight_smile:

Honor Code colt in the ring. He isn’t getting delicate flowers is he?:lol:

The Mastery colt # 1551 (70K hammer) had that “look of eagles”, looking out at the world with confidence.

Question for you guys: Can horses be privately sold before they go into the sales ring? If someone likes a horse enough ahead of time and offers an appropriate amount? Or is that a no-go? Also, why are a number of horses deemed “out” - is it because they potentially get sold in a private sale? Owner/breeder decides to keep them? Lameness issues or other injury? Combination of factors? Sorry if this was asked earlier - didn’t see it if it was.

Not much interest in the MTR colt.

RNA at 21K

It was asked but no sweat. Horses are not as a rule sold before they go through the ring. If the reserve is not met after they go through the sales ring they may sell privately but the auction takes a percentage. If people sold privately before their horse went through the ring, the auction would have provided advertising and many, many potential buyers to the sellers while receiving nothing in return, so it isn’t done.

Out is usually for veterinary reasons. Some are out before the sale begins and others are withdrawn for veterinary reasons once on the sale grounds. As @LaurieB said, there is a penalty for withdrawing a horse for reasons not vet related. LaurieB can tell you if and how people find ways around the rules since she attends and has probably seen it all over the years.:lol:

1 Like