Shoulder blues Ridiculous update!

They said he could be admitted but he chose to come home. We had a less than impressive experience at the ER so he was in no doubt in better hands here with me.

My husband did a lot better today than I thought he would, hopefully that continues. I want to talk to an actual doctor tomorrow who can give us an idea what to expect since aside from knowing there is a fracture, we don’t really know anymore than we did before we went to the hospital. And yes, I am still pissed about the shitty care he got yesterday.

Finally getting him in to see an actual doctor today, it will be nice to have our questions answered by someone who knows what in the hell they are doing.

:frowning: fractured pelvises are nothing to mess with.

The medical profession is frustrating. When you find a good doc, they are priceless but you sure have to kiss a lot of toads to find that prince.

Good thing is shower chairs (depending on what you get) aren’t too pricey.

{{}} to both of you. You’ve had more than your fair share on your plate lately.

Yeah, he (we) got a shower chair for Father’s Day although he showered standing up this morning. I took two weeks off of my in home dog boarding business to have my shoulder procedure, the first dogs arrived Friday night so I am caring for 7 dogs plus him with one and a half arms.

I feel better now. Doctor said it was stable and nothing he does can make it worse so he is only restricted by pain. He said he wants to go to the beach as planned on Saturday. Ten hours in the car is going to suck for both of us, hopefully it will be worth it. I could use a vacation!

:frowning: on your family of limited mobility :slight_smile:

Make sure he takes care of that fracture! But the beach will be a nice break.

10 hours… ugh.

We survived the drive. We left a lot later than normal and traffic was much better. Hubby’s best friend crashed his bike yesterday and broke the living crap out of his collarbone. They leave Thursday to race one leg of the Tour de France. Not sure what is going to happen now.
We are sitting on the porch looking out at the ocean while icing our respective injuries as we speak.

[QUOTE=Laurierace;8721421]
We survived the drive. We left a lot later than normal and traffic was much better. Hubby’s best friend crashed his bike yesterday and broke the living crap out of his collarbone. They leave Thursday to race one leg of the Tour de France. Not sure what is going to happen now.
We are sitting on the porch looking out at the ocean while icing our respective injuries as we speak.[/QUOTE]

Glad you made it safely, sitting on the porch enjoying chips, dip and alcohol as you ice your injuries :smiley:

I thought collarbones was de rigueur for bike riding, no :slight_smile: ? Might make it hard to ride so soon after a break, even the WC riders don’t usually hop back on that fast. Which stage was he thinking of riding? Whoo-hoo TdF starts Saturday from a place I’ve always wanted to see, Mont St Michel.

I am not sure which stage. It is supposedly the one with the most climb if that helps any.

Having nothing to do with shoulders or horses but see if your hubby can find out.

They usually do both the Alps and the Pyrenees and many days with gnarly climbs :slight_smile: that’s why I was wondering which stage…

Stage 20 although I am not even sure if they are still going to France let alone racing in the amateur race.

Thank you :slight_smile:

I looked at the stage… not long in terms of distance but definitely beefy with respect to the climbs in the Alps that it has.

I hope your hubby’s friend can at least go and watch even if he won’t be able to race in the ammy race. The top road cyclists in the world… for me would be a chance of a lifetime just to watch :slight_smile:

Hope your shoulder and hubby’s pelvis continue to heal without distractions!

He went to a surgeon yesterday who said his collarbone is broken in three places and has a 10% chance of healing in a stable manner without surgery. I guess cyclists are just as stubborn as horse people. They leave Thursday.

:lol:

Is he doing to try to ride with it or just spectate at this point? Yes, they are a stubborn lot. One of the top riders last year had a nasty fall with broken leg in TdF and was back on the bicycle and winning stages at the last 3 week event of the year (Vuelta a Espana) like 6 weeks later!