Unlimited access >

Show Hunters of the past

stftpony - Savoy was shown by Peter Foley in the Amateurs for a while. Nice grey horse.

My all time favorite to care for was 3PO. DD’s other horse, Full Fare, was the nicer hunter, but 3PO was such a character. I could watch him turned out for hours - he’d just amuse himself with whatever was in his paddock. Too bad he’d do that on course sometimes…

O.K. Now for the WEST COASTERS HERE!!!
Does Anyone Remember “Rhinestone Cowboy”???

Hey, what about “Nobel,” owned by JFC,II and ridden by LBLH. Remember that TROT??
I don’t remember if he could jump, but damn, he could move!

I ws not there when it happened but, remember reading aboutit inthecCothers?OTH, and feeling sick, he hadjust been champion at Uppervillehow many years was that before the"sandman", Streetwise, and allthe

Wasn’t So No Wonder bought by Claudia Santorelli and ridden by her and Heather Caristo?

I might be confusing him with No Small Wonder, but I think that was Dee Thomas’.

I can picture each, but always mess the names up.

Oh Harry, you do it every time. Loved Not Always, and Cap & Gown… Mine would also be Captain Flash with Julie Kardon. Just liked watching him, he always appeared to be such a gentleman. In and out of the show ring.

OMG almost forgot, Betty Oare’s Navy Commander. Was at Devon with millions of others when Ernie gave him to her as an engagement present. Why oh why, could I have not found someone like him???

Silk remember that also. It was so outrageous, no one thought he would sell. Silly us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Originally posted by Lord Helpus:
In the same breath you say Pep Talk, you have to think of Quail Run. They were both cute-to-die-for horses with springs in their legs.

The best thing about Quail Run, though, was his name. He was an OTTB, and his barn name was Bert. This came from his Jockey Club name. His sire was a horse named Elbert (who???) and Quail Run’s JC registered name was

Run Like El, Bert!

How I remember these things, I do not know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Quail Run was my absolute favorite as a young jr, I loved that horse! He was so cute!

Yes, Mary did pass away. I think about 7 years ago.

She was a great woman.

Ok, I think it is coming back to me.

Mary Warner Brown, mother to Louise and Mary Wade Warner.

Mary Wade lives in AZ.

I’d also love to know if Shannon still exists anyone know?

Gratis owned by VonZegasar ridden by Scott Stewart?

Playbill owned by A/O Jeanne Goodspeed?

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Originally posted by Lord Helpus:
For all you young 'uns who are lurking on this thread, look hard at the position these people have in the air. This is a balanced, effective position. And it is SOOOO different from the awful “stand up in the stirrups and lean out on the horse’s neck” that has become common today.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was just looking through some pics in Show Circuit, I cringe every time I see kids riding this way. Why do trainers continue to teach this? If people learned to ride effectively we wouldn’t need all these expensive packers. Sorry for the rant, I just hate see this.

And I, thankfully, was the last person to show Count Tuscan, to my knowledge. Mrs. Burke asked me in a schooling ring if I knew how lucky I was to show him. My answer: “uh, yes.” LOL

Taking a wild stab at Racetb’s grey…is it Riot Free?

Lordy…I forgot that Artie ran Shannon Stables. I remember where I was when Armstrong walked on the moon. Sitting on Backstage at Millbrook Horse Show. They put up a couple of tv’s in the aisles and we rode in and watched

Does anyone remember Raise the Roof from California. I think Cee Cee rode him as well as Susie Hutchinson.

In the juniors Pamela Carmichael’s Lansonnette was one of my all time favorites, War Dress was another.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>So, does anyone know if So No Wonder is still alive? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wasn’t Victoria Clarke, with Leo Conroy, his last rider after Heather Caristo?

Does anyone know what became of Don Snellings and/or Brenda Watson?

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Originally posted by ponybreeder:
Yeah, BH1, the Birchbark Room… </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
BH2 posted that, ponybreeder, not me. We look alike, but I am mom’s favorite. BH2 is a Nimrod alumna, not me

That’s the Wheelers’ if you want to win YOU BUY IT. Then and now.