Unlimited access >

Show Jumping

Since I slept in this morning, I am just now getting around to looking for scoring for the first session. Imagine my surprise:rolleyes: when I see NO score for the first session! Did anyone see it? How did we do?

No score? there is…McLain is in 8th position in the first session of the Speed competition. Ireland, France and Sweden on top right now.
Second session will start soon.

How did McLain and Kent do? Did they have rails?

[QUOTE=Secret Dove;7742440]
How did McLain and Kent do? Did they have rails?[/QUOTE]

Yes, one rail each.

[QUOTE=Secret Dove;7742440]
How did McLain and Kent do? Did they have rails?[/QUOTE]

I watched till about 45 of the first session. It was relatively eventful!

Doda Miranda and Jos Verloy fell off! (as well as a few others)

Pius Swizer’s horse missed the flags on the wall causing him so circle and have a refusal (also one other Argentine rider, except he didn’t realize so he was eliminated when he jumped the next fence.)

Mclain was fast but had an unfortunate rail

Bertram Allen was very very fast!

Tiffany and Yann had nice middle of the pack clean rounds, as well as Markus Ehnning, Micheal Whitaker and Darragh Kenny.

Currently trying to get the session 2 feed to work, but its not for some reason ugh!

Thanks for the update. I am watching the second session, and I swear the announcer said the Americans had 2 go this morning. I can only see a score for McC. Now I saw Kent go, and it looks like Lucy will go right away. And Beezie bringing it up as anchor. so is it only teams, or are individuals in also? And if we have a 5th rider, who is it???

[QUOTE=Larksmom;7742500]
Thanks for the update. I am watching the second session, and I swear the announcer said the Americans had 2 go this morning. I can only see a score for McC. Now I saw Kent go, and it looks like Lucy will go right away. And Beezie bringing it up as anchor. so is it only teams, or are individuals in also? And if we have a 5th rider, who is it???[/QUOTE]

Only 4 riders per country, he must have been mistaken. There are some rider’s riding as individuals but only if there country can’t field a team. Is anyone feed still not working? I just have a black screen :frowning:

[QUOTE=Larksmom;7742500]
Thanks for the update. I am watching the second session, and I swear the announcer said the Americans had 2 go this morning. I can only see a score for McC. Now I saw Kent go, and it looks like Lucy will go right away. And Beezie bringing it up as anchor. so is it only teams, or are individuals in also? And if we have a 5th rider, who is it???[/QUOTE]
I missed Kents round. How did he do? Lucys up in 9/10 horses. Beezies second to last in the order.She’s usually always the anchor for the team. I think individuals are riding. Charlie Jayne is our traveling rider, but I don’t think he’s competing.
Does this round count towards team medals?

Kent had one rail, and is 1 better than McC.
Thanks everyone. I am on this screen now, but I can hear ‘noises’ from the arena.

Rider from HK, had a dirty stop and fall at the planks.

[QUOTE=Larksmom;7742515]
Rider from HK, had a dirty stop and fall at the planks.[/QUOTE]

A few of the other falls were at the plank as well. The planks and the wall have definitely caused the most problems on course.

ETA that 5 stride early on caused quite a few problems for the more inexperienced pairs as well

They just showed Edwina Topps in the warm up. I know she is very small but the horse is HUGE!!! and gorgeous!

Is there live scoring for those of us who can’t watch? Thanks for all the updates everyone. Very surprised to hear that there were several falls already.

One of these has it-I think the other sj link.

Lucy’s horse took a serious dislike of the wall. He jumped thru it rather than over it. But he did jump it, and there were no more problems.

Lucy Davis crashed through the wall, did not fall but it added to her time.
Impressed with Ian Millar’s position so far.
The French are doing very well.
Waiting for Eric…
http://www.normandy2014.com/live/1/saut-d-obstacles

[QUOTE=BAC;7742536]
Is there live scoring for those of us who can’t watch? Thanks for all the updates everyone. Very surprised to hear that there were several falls already.[/QUOTE]

http://www.normandy2014.com/2014-games/the-disciplines/1/jumping

you can go here each day and at the very very top click the “LIVE” green button

Horses will do a dirty stop, and unanchored riders come off. The rider from HK was slow to move away, and she appeared to be at least a real owie.

One tip to some of you who are watching, I recently found that the black cluster at the bottom of the screen can adjust your speed. It might have you on slow, say 1. or you can try to bump up to a 2.4 which is the highest. Screen size matters too.

Clear round for Eric too… great team results today!!

[QUOTE=hoopoe;7742574]
http://www.normandy2014.com/2014-games/the-disciplines/1/jumping

you can go here each day and at the very very top click the “LIVE” green button[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much. Now if only I was not so busy at work that I can actually do more than sneak a peak.

Work? Work? Yeah, I am trying to work too, without a great deal of success or productivity!