Unlimited access >

Show Jumping

OK, I have a question for ya’ll. What color are the team coats? Since they aren’t hunting, I ASSUME they aren’t Pinque, but do you call it scarlet, or plain ol’ red?

[QUOTE=Larksmom;7742567]
One of these has it-I think the other sj link.

Lucy’s horse took a serious dislike of the wall. He jumped thru it rather than over it. But he did jump it, and there were no more problems.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he didn’t like the wall at all. I thought Lucy handled the situation very professionally. She really fought to stay on! Lets hope he jumps the wall better tomorrow, if he has to jump it again.

[QUOTE=Secret Dove;7742658]
Yeah, he didn’t like the wall at all. I thought Lucy handled the situation very professionally. She really fought to stay on! Lets hope he jumps the wall better tomorrow, if he has to jump it again.[/QUOTE]

Ya I was very impressed with Lucy’s composure directly afterwards, she’s always had nerves of steel IMO and that is why they put her on the team! I’m sure Barron will be fine tomorrow, that wall has taken a lot of horses by surprise.

[QUOTE=Maythehorsebewithme;7742645]
Work? Work? Yeah, I am trying to work too, without a great deal of success or productivity![/QUOTE]

But I have two bosses hovering over me, each expecting me to produce, don’t they know it is the WEG?

[QUOTE=Larksmom;7742654]
OK, I have a question for ya’ll. What color are the team coats? Since they aren’t hunting, I ASSUME they aren’t Pinque, but do you call it scarlet, or plain ol’ red?[/QUOTE]

You never call them Pinque…

Love seeing all of team Canada in the top 45! Ian in 6th, Eric 15th, Tiffany 25th and Yann in 42nd!

P.

[QUOTE=Polydor;7742716]
Love seeing all of team Canada in the top 45! Ian in 6th, Eric 15th, Tiffany 25th and Yann in 42nd!

P.[/QUOTE]

And all of them jumped fabulously and clean! Bodes well for tomorrow

Beezie and Cortes jumped a beautiful clear!

Beezie clear and into 4th!!

I watched the last 20 minutes or so but I was able to watch the German feed on clipmyhorse.de using the hola plugin with no problems. Commentary is in English too if anyone wants to try that tomorrow.

[QUOTE=Secret Dove;7742774]
Beezie and Cortes jumped a beautiful clear![/QUOTE]
4th!!!

[QUOTE=Maythehorsebewithme;7742782]
4th!!![/QUOTE]
Yeah! Nice to see a US rider in the top 4. Gives us a boost for tomorrow!

Does this speed round only count for the individual standings or does it have anything to do with the Nations Cup as well? Thanks for the help.

USA’s in 3rd!

[QUOTE=schmoe1;7742791]
Does this speed round only count for the individual standings or does it have anything to do with the Nations Cup as well? Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

I think it is for the individual standings, but not absolutely sure. Yay Beezie, I don’t know how she stands it, not going until the very end, I would be a nervous wreck.

[QUOTE=schmoe1;7742791]
Does this speed round only count for the individual standings or does it have anything to do with the Nations Cup as well? Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]
I think it only counts towards individual, but I wonder if it counts towards team too. They just showed a standing list of country placements. The Nations Cup is tomorrow and Thursday.

[QUOTE=schmoe1;7742791]

Pretty sure it doesn’t effect the team standings. Here is a nice summary of the format/rules

http://www.worldofshowjumping.com/events/world-equestrian-games/6801-the-world-championships-from-day-to-day-how-does-it-work

Quick question from an eventer not familiar with the jumping competition format. Would someone please explain how the various classes work, either as individual classes or as classes used as qualifiers for other classes? For example, today’s class was a speed class but the announcer made it seem like a warm up class and, frankly, many of the riders looked like they were just motoring around not really pushing for time. The top riders got ribbons - but do they really count for anything in terms of what’s important at WEG? Do today’s rails carry over? Thanks.

ok where are the team results. I see on FB that France is first, but next???

I think today’s scores do carry over the team competition- the results from 2010 include the scores from the speed round

http://www.alltechfeigames.com/ftp-pdf/JUM_RT_3.pdf

[QUOTE=FalseImpression;7742828]
ok where are the team results. I see on FB that France is first, but next???[/QUOTE]
All I know is USA is in 3rd and Canada is in 6th. Don’t remember who was 2nd, 4, or 5th and after 6th. Brazil is like 12th.