Unlimited access >

Show Jumping!

Karen Polle and With Wings…just beautiful!

1 Like

Great ride by Karen Polle.

1 Like

Oops…I see my own confusion, now. I didn’t realize Ashlee Bond now rides for Israel. Okay, yes, she did have a fall.

Can you go back and watch things after the fact on FEI TV? This is the first time I’ve had it, and I might actually need to pay attention in class at some point, but I really want to catch Adrienne’s ride later…

I greatly begrudged having to pony up the extra fee for the FEI pass. Must say they got their act together and the 3-day CC and SJ was great as is the coverage today. For 3-day the replay was available pretty soon after the class. Caveat is the pass doesn’t give you replay access after WEG is over.

Japan’s first rider had two refusals. He was off to part B of the grapes line and the horse rightly stopped. Decided she wasn’t going to try again. Ashely fell off at the striped rails. I can tell you all of the riders walked that line carefully and it looks quite dizzy up close.

I have the annual + WEG and I can go and re-watch… however, someone posted on another topic that you only have through the end of the competition and then there will be no more on demand. If you want to re-watch do it ASAP! The on demand footage has been getting put up really quick.

I love Maximillian. He’s definitely they type of horse I’d love to ride. (And she did a wonderful job riding!)

Let’s go Adrienne!!!

DID I MISS HER?!? I was walking from lab to class and was worried I’d miss her trip. Noooooo. :’(

Shoot, Supershorty. Yeah. One rail down. Pretty ride, though. She is somewhere around 18th or so now.

Good first half. Fun to watch for sure.

Dumb question about the scores, which I think I just answered myself - are the faults for knocking down a rail added to the rider’s time? So, this: 96.71 seconds (92.71) means that it took the rider 92.71 to complete the course but had 4 faults? And is there a jump off only if people have the exact same time, or all clean rounds?

Correct about the faults being added to the time. No jumpoff in the speed class as far as I know, just sorts out the standings/qualifiers going into the next rounds. Scores from today count toward medal standings so it will be a cumulative total that decides the medals.

Thanks!!!

Correct, no jump off in the speed class. And yes, 4 seconds added for each rail down.

It is weird to think of a U.S. team without Beezie.Surely we’ll see her in the Olympics.
I can’t watch but hopefully NBC will replay it like they did the Eventing cross country.

Is there a cut off placing to move on to the next phase?

Ditto. I’d rather have her on the team with a donkey than most people on Milton.

1 Like

Clear for Laura!

2 Likes

Beautiful ride for Laura!