Unlimited access >

Show Jumping!

Is anyone watching through the Olympic channel…and if so, how? I’ve been on the site and, for the live of me, cannot find the actual live feed for jumping and I’m getting all anxiety ridden knowing what I’m missing lol! Thanks!!

I think you can only watch live on the livestreams (FEI TV). The Olympic Channel coverage I’ve seen so far is a one hour recap of the day’s events. I could be wrong though about the jumping, but that’s what it’s been for eventing and dressage.

The Olympic Channel had a live feed of showjumping around noon time, maybe for 2 hours or so? I got to watch a few rides including the Colombian rider who went so fast! I love watching all the horses go, so many different rides! Some O wouldn’t like to ride and some who look like they’d be so much FUN!

If your cable provider offers the Olympic Channel, you can log into it via the Olympic Channel website and watch it via the internet. It’s the whole jumping competition.

3 Likes

Really? My cable provider was charging $45-$60 more PER MONTH to subscribe to the Olympic Channel.

It does depend on what package you have through your provider.

McLain Ward goes clear. Now in 5th!

McLain had a very smart and pretty ride.

1 Like

Oh, good. I didn’t see it. I’m just following the live scoring.

How did Canada do?

P.

Was there ever an explanation of why Beezie wasn’t chosen for the team but as an alternate?

https://tryon2018.com/eventResults/2018/1587/resultlist_J1

Not great as far as individual placings, each rider had four faults but I would think that keeps them in the hunt for the team competition.

I think the US really did well. Two clears and two four-faulters. I’m happy with this start.

1 Like

Well, an exciting first day! We are sitting in 4th.

1 Like

In his interview with COTH, McLain said to be in contention for an individual medal you would probably need to be in the top five after today’s speed class, and in the top three teams after today to medal in that competition, although he did say top 10 individually in the speed class would be acceptable. He is in 8th at the moment, which is promising, I expect a few of those ahead of him won’t hold up throughout the competition but I haven’t tried to figure out where the team stands yet.

Anyone have any idea? :o:o

It will be interesting to see how all this plays out. I’m thinking like you, perhaps some of these top spots will shift. McLain has a lot of experience on his side, which I hope helps.

1 Like

Here is a little insight. I think it was based on the horses, not riders for that spot. https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/f…-named-reserve We’ll never know since it’s subjective. There is a link to the process on one of the posts.

Beezie is one of my all time favorites and it doesn’t seem the same without her but she is not automatically guaranteed a place on every championship team and no explanation should be expected. The selectors don’t usually explain their choices. I think as ParadoxFarm says, that it has to do with her current string of horses. And the selectors are certainly not going to antagonize a long time supporter like Abigail Wexner by suggesting her horses are not as good as some of the others.