Unlimited access >

Show Jumping

Live scoring;

Top 30.

1 Like

The ring crew is going to have quite the collection of bell boots at the end of the day :joy:

5 Likes

Deslauriers blamed the cocaine on the groom.

Jane Clark moved her horses from Deslauriers to Maher, who then made a dodgy, rip off your friend and sponsor horse sale, which she forgave. She did threaten to pull major financing from the USEF Trust or whatever itā€™s now called.

Itā€™s a shame, our sleazy riders. Amazing that any wealthy sponsors still hang in there.

3 Likes

Everyone who is watching should take a minute to contact NBC Sports to let them know we appreciate the equestrian coverage from Tokyo. On Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, whatever you can think of to let them know weā€™re out here and weā€™re watching it!

5 Likes

As far as I am concerned those are black marks against those riders and I donā€™t forget it. No matter what their other accomplishments are, these incidents are forever part of their resume. The welfare of the horse always comes first.

23 Likes

Marc unbothered by his horse trying to levitate out of the ring

3 Likes

Hereā€™s hoping Laura Kraut can get one American into the individual final!

3 Likes

Four faults for Jessicaā€™s Olympic debut. Not bad, the future of show jumping in the US is bright.

Letā€™s go Laura!

3 Likes

Well dang it! Itā€™s okay! Still got the team competition!

Beautifully handled that!

only 6 left to ride ā€¦
if those with 4 faults are tied for 30th (they are 29th now), do they all go through to the individual final?

No. Separated by time.

2 Likes

Not an anti-depressant, an anti-psychotic, used for horses on extended stall rest -except sometimes it (fluphenazine) had the opposite effect. Warning: not pleasant to watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbaIUL_nzN0

The anti-psychotics have never been approved for veterinarian use.

I adore this horse Quel homme de hus. Iā€™d love my mare to have his foal haha.

5 Likes

Wow that horse really did not want to know!

The article talking about Bardolina said anti depressant. I donā€™t know enough about drugs to know if itā€™s one or the other

The Czech rider handled that beautifully. Lovely seat.

The horse looked very in command of himself. ā€œNo thank you I shanā€™t today.ā€

8 Likes

I found Lucinda Greenā€™s commentary to be a rambling babble spoken by someone with no ā€œinside baseballā€ insights into showjumping (Iā€™m sure sheā€™s fine with eventing, in a Camilla Parker-Bowlesian way) and certainly incapable of explaining things to a lay audience in a way that would still engage experienced viewers. Why her? There are so many better suited to the job. Too much for me to take at 3amā€“just turned off the volume after an hour of nonsense.

3 Likes

just listen to Melanie smith Taylor and you will see how much better Lucinda is. She should let John speak more, he is the best in the world at this, but I find her to be pleasant but a bit chatty.

12 Likes