Unlimited access >

Show Name Needed!

Bombing a peaceful city filled with refugees, on market day may be all right to you,…

Get a grip.

like I said, over the top …

[QUOTE=Equibrit;7194491]
… undertaken by the future dictator Frederico Franco[/QUOTE]

Since we’re getting our historical undies all in a bunch …

his first name was Francisco

Guernica is out. It’s a girl name.

http://www.idshs.com.au/perl/search.pl?op=progeny&index=guernica&gens=5

[QUOTE=mp;7194527]
Since we’re getting our historical undies all in a bunch …

his first name was Francisco [/QUOTE]

'Scse me Fred was from Paraguay!

Yeah. Cousin Freddie. Who could forget him? :wink:

-whispers- OP, you could always take a look on my site.

Opening this thread again! I’m down to FIVE names. Pick your favourite.

Picasso
Altivo (means proud or arrogant in Spanish)
Lieutenant
December Boy (Has very personal meaning. First rode him in December, as well as did the PPE and purchased him on Xmas Eve)
Gypsy King

[QUOTE=DoomPony;7527473]
Opening this thread again! I’m down to FIVE names. Pick your favourite.

Picasso
Altivo (means proud or arrogant in Spanish)
Lieutenant
December Boy (Has very personal meaning. First rode him in December, as well as did the PPE and purchased him on Xmas Eve)
Gypsy King[/QUOTE]

December Boy for sure!

[QUOTE=mrgangrl;7191054]
As a breeder I would strongly urge you to show your horse under its registered name. If you don’t you are essentially “erasing” his breeder and making it difficult for people who like your horse to find a source for another like it. To me showing it under another name is disrespectful to the careful choiced that produced that nice horse for you to proudly show. Call the horse whatever you like around the barn but honor the breeder by showing under the registered name. Since he has a previous show record it also helps to keep his history complete.[/QUOTE]

I think this is extremely important. I find it so frustrating that horses aren’t shown under their registered names. It really almost makes all that work and showing not count. Especially if he’s already been shown under his registered name. Good luck.

[QUOTE=Ambitious Kate;7527721]
I think this is extremely important. I find it so frustrating that horses aren’t shown under their registered names. It really almost makes all that work and showing not count. Especially if he’s already been shown under his registered name. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

What are your feelings on changing his registered name? Yes, I hate it that much LOL

I like December Boy, nicely unique.

My mare has a very simple four letter registered name, and her breeder showed her with a fancier name which isn’t quite to my taste. I’m pretty sure I’m going to change her show name, keep the breeders initials behind it, and tell her about it. I can’t imagine this will be a problem. Maybe I’ll post my potential R names sometime; coming up with one isn’t so easy.

[QUOTE=Ambitious Kate;7527721]
I think this is extremely important. I find it so frustrating that horses aren’t shown under their registered names. It really almost makes all that work and showing not count.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps breeders ought to consider names more carefully then & steer clear of the blatant sexual innuendo :frowning:

Show names also tend to reflect the discipline which is an important consideration for most owners.

I prefer single word names. I think just “December” would be a fine name.

[QUOTE=Eclectic Horseman;7528363]
I prefer single word names. I think just “December” would be a fine name.[/QUOTE]
I thought about that too, but wonder about it sounding like I was just showing under his barn name. Does it? Also, I was worried about “December” sounding feminine. He is a bit girly looking and I get teased for it by friends and my sisters.

[QUOTE=alto;7528282]
Perhaps breeders ought to consider names more carefully then & steer clear of the blatant sexual innuendo :frowning:

Show names also tend to reflect the discipline which is an important consideration for most owners.[/QUOTE]

Right? Some breeder names are just awful. :lol:

[QUOTE=beowulf;7531663]
Right? Some breeder names are just awful. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I actually made fun of QH names by naming a horse in a story I wrote ‘Whiskey a Undid My Zipper’ :smiley:

I like December Art (or something :lol: ) rather than December Boy … but just read that you’re wanting to deemphasize his feminine side :o

I quite like Altivo but wonder how it would be pronounced

In the theme of more names to consider,
Picaresque (re the Decemberists from your December maybe name)

Of course we really need pictures :yes:

[QUOTE=DoomPony;7531655]
I thought about that too, but wonder about it sounding like I was just showing under his barn name. Does it? Also, I was worried about “December” sounding feminine. He is a bit girly looking and I get teased for it by friends and my sisters.[/QUOTE]

In dressage, one word names are perhaps the most common. There is nothing feminine about the word “December.” You could also use “Decemberist” which is the name of an Indie band, as well as the name of some early revolutionaries against imperial Russia. Maybe “Decemberist” sounds less feminine to you?

Picasso.

Picasso, and CHANGE the registered name. At least that way, anyone researching will trace back to the breeder.

I showed Bingo Bars Shaney. Arghhhh But wouldn’t have dreamt of changing it.