Unlimited access >

So I did a thing today

I am gifted (:roll_eyes:) with a Talker.
8# of gray tuxedo - Bounce - whose voice is so deep I suspect some Siamese. He Never.Shuts.Up!
I know I’m up in the morning when I hear him

His cohort, Cheeto, is 12# of orange floof. With a teeny, girlish “miaow” he uses rarely.
Most often when he falls over at my feet - orange speedbump :unamused: - for a bellypet

14 Likes

the famous barn cats !

guess they taught ‘mom’ a few things about C-A-T-S ?!?

6 Likes

@2DogsFarm - Cheeto could be my Baler’s double or long lost relative at least! They look exactly alike.

I have a very talky Tabby boy, too. Jack always has something to say. Even when he’s by himself, I can hear him murmuring to himself. It’s hilarious. Nothing like Ollie though who kept up a stream of running commentary. All. day. long. And shouting and howling at night. Big goof. I miss him.

Sometimes I wish I knew what they were saying. Other times…not so much.

4 Likes

Five of my six are talkers. Ralph and Ella talk non-stop with the Kittens With Mittens not far behind. JC talks quite a bit but not as much as the others. Billie rarely talks and when she does it comes out like a witch’s cackle.

2 Likes

Those eyes!

Those whiskers!

That girth!!!

:rofl:

4 Likes

Miss Kitty is very talkative, all the time… But it is almost always Silent. The mouth opens (with all three canines and nothing else), you can see the exhale…and Nothing. Just silence. On the other hand, we have found she loves catching treats: throw them and she races for them, and is very disappointed if you don’t throw them. On the return to set up for the next one, there is always a Chirp!
There is of course, the yowling with the mouth full of the toy mouse. I do wish I knew what it all meant.

5 Likes

Have you ever read The Silent Miaow, by Paul Gallico?

Itty Bitty could use a few jingles - she went to the vet yesterday with some nonspecific symptoms (stopped eating on Friday - she wants to eat, she sniffs the food, but then walks away from it, and will only eat at night in her crate, and not even all of that - so she’s getting about 1/3 of the normal amount of food she usually eats). She’s still VERY active, playing, attacking the other cats, not looking at all sick.

Vet said she had a fever, and suspects a bacterial infection in the gut. She’s on antibiotics now, but he wants to see her again tomorrow if she hasn’t improved. He said she was quite bloated/gassy. No vomiting, no diarrhea, so we’re a bit stumped.

She had her first dose of antibiotic last night. She nibbled at food this morning, but not more than that. Usually she inhales everything I put in front of her, then runs to take everyone else’s away from them, so this is all highly unusual. But she’s bright-eyed and I can hear her running up and down the hall with her favorite jingle mouse, so . . . ?

7 Likes

:crying_cat_face::bellhop_bell:
Much Jingling for Itty Bitty.
No Mystery Illness to make worry!
If it helps:
My Cheeto developed Pee Hysteria (technical name: interstitial cystitis) & needed 3 vet visits to figure it out.
Plus a round of antibiotics.
Now Iams Urinary formula has it under control

2 Likes

I will keep that in mind - we palpated her all over yesterday at the vet, looking for abscesses, but didn’t find any.

We also checked her teeth and mouth - nothing there. Everything looked good, even those teeth we were worried about a couple of months ago.

1 Like

Jingles for Itty Bitty! I hope her massive appetite comes back soon. I’m glad she’s still acting OK though. Is everything normal for her in the litter box?

1 Like

As far as I can tell, yes - she’s obviously not going as often, because she’s not eating, but there was poop on the thermometer yesterday. She’s not constipated, and the vet didn’t think her bladder was full.

And she just got up on the bookshelf in the hallway and knocked a whole bunch of stuff off, then tried to convince me they leapt off the shelf of their own accord, so she’s clearly not THAT sick.

9 Likes

Jingles for “Itty Bitty Big” as well as the house - books - laundry basket -other cats - furniture- kitchen supplies - refrigerator - garage and car!

! Wow ! What a woman !

3 Likes

On no, we can’t have our special dyn-o-mite getting sick. Tell her, her fans are all jingling she gets over this fast.
Keep us posted. Jingle Jingle!!!

4 Likes

Jingles you get her issue figured out.

Does she seem sniffly/stuffy? Have you tried warming something stinky to see if that helps encourage her to eat? Tuna is always a good one for stinky. As is meat flavored baby food.

1 Like

No, she’s not at all stuffy - no upper respiratory infection or even a cold.

She did eat just a little before I left the house to go run errands - just a few mouthfuls, though, and then she was done. Perhaps the gateway to a fourth dimension that once resided in her stomach has closed?

2 Likes

Will she tolerate you handling her mouth/face enough to have you squish a bit of the wet food into it every so often? Not worth it if doing so will result in your bleeding or her being terribly stressed. But sometimes just getting them to taste a bit can trigger some hunger. [I spent many years teching in the hospital’s ICU, so this is where all these helpful suggestions are coming from.]

2 Likes

Well, it’s weird - she’s interested in food, but just won’t eat. And hasn’t offered to steal anyone else’s food, either, since Friday, which is highly unusual.

Jingle for Itty-Bitty! Hope she’s feeling better soon.

1 Like

Nauseous

2 Likes