Unlimited access >

So things aren't great with our animals (updated with new kitty Gracie)

{{{{{Quietann}}}}}

Visitor can visit Emmy (12/23/21).

Susan

1 Like

Hugs to you Quietann. Hang in there.

Big hugs. Visitor knew he was loved and was surrounded by his people.

1 Like

I’m sorry. He knew he was very loved. He got to go with his people around him.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry. Hospice vets are wonderful. It’s so much more peaceful and easy for all involved.

Hugs for you and everyone else that is missing Visitor.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss :disappointed_relieved:

many hugs

Photos of Visitor, starting with when he showed up, ending a few days before he died.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOH2X3EXsjKyxpVZ8aaWwiWKqXO3XL67_Js3hOYyA60ksvhpZ79TPg46gMT4hgvlQ?key=NlA5XzJEcGdtNVFuTE9WQjFfOWFyMG9FREZWMW9R

15 Likes

Hugs to you. May all our elderly pets have such a loving and merciful end.

2 Likes

@quietann I especially appreciated the photo of his paw under the door - how dare you go into a room without him!! :heart:

2 Likes

That was early on, when we had him shut in the mudroom and weren’t sure we were keeping him. He had other ideas!

2 Likes

Oh I can see he was horribly mistreated. That poor thing! :rofl: :rofl:

Looks like he had a great life and was spoiled rotten. He lived his best kitty life ever. And Sooo handsome.

6 Likes

Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

I am so glad you took the route you did and gave him a few loving days. We opted for the let’s see if we can save our 14 year old cat with a tumor/heart murmur with surgery. Instead of spending her last days cuddling at night we lost her the day after surgery to pancreatitus even tho the tumor was successfully removed. She was doing quite well - happy - before the surgery but eating less day after day - if I could do it again I would have done the appetite stimulants/hospice vet and spent her last days cuddling. I will regret it forever… It warms my heart you gave that to your kitty…I’m so sorry for your loss - I understand too well the heartbreak.

3 Likes

Now little Naku is sick… She is 21, so anything that goes wrong is of extra concern. She has a vet appointment at 5. Based on what I’m seeing, I’m guessing kidney failure.

I am supposed to meet a possible new cat tomorrow. She looks just like Naku and has hyperthyroidism, but is bigger and younger (12 or 13). I have a huge soft spot for the older cats.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry about Naku! It’s quite difficult to have several seniors at the same time - a lot of loss at once :frowning:

Good luck tomorrow with the prospect! Let us know how it goes.

Fingers crossed for your appointment at 5 AND your potential new kitty tomorrow, thinking of you and Naku. :hugs:

I’m so sorry. Hugs and jingles to you both. Having just gone through kidney failure with two cats in 12 months, I can only hope and jingle that’s not what’s wrong with Naku.

Thank you everyone. I took Naku to the vet late this afternoon. She was pretty dehydrated, so she got subQ fluids (she has a huge lump from that – she weighs less than 6 pounds!) Her labwork was described as "normal for a cat that is dehydrated.) The vet thinks she might have a UTI but won’t have urine results until tomorrow.

She also got an anti-nausea med, and I have Mirataz to help boost her appetite. She has nibbled on some food and is sitting on her heat mat giving me dirty looks now.

11 Likes

I’m glad she is feeling better. And yes, I know that crusty “Look.” Jingles for her - hope it’s not more serious than UTI.

Good luck with new kitty!