Unlimited access >

Stallion Recommendations - Eventing (TB Mare cross)

www.allanglos.net

Well, I finally chose a stallion. It’s not at all what I was planning at all but I’m very excited about it. I don’t want to name the stallion yet online because I have local people who stalk me on here and I don’t need their bad juju thoughts but I will say he is a Paint/QH stud who is a large pony. He is absolutely adorable and has a temperament to die for. He moves nicely not like a typical QH and has evented and shown jumpers and has really nice form over fences. I think a pony will be a good first stallion for my mare so I don’t have to worry about the size of the foal. My mom is also breeding her small TB mare so we are going to hopefully have a pair of a cute (possibly spotted) appendix babies next spring!

Once everything is confirmed Ill post some photos/videos of the stud :slight_smile:

14 Likes

At 16.2 even when bred to a smaller stud you will get a baby with decent size. At least that was my experience the 4 times I did it.

Can’t wait to see what you and your mom get.

1 Like

That is so fun! I love appendix QHs. Sounds like a really fun match that will be quite marketable to amateurs down the line.