stateline tack reviews

I once had to return a happy mouth bit that was almost 1/4 inch longer on one side than the other. (Putting the center of the bit very much to the right side of the mouth.) Returning this bit was a true pain in the butt, and I don’t know that I ever received my refund…

I’m fairly unwilling to purchase items from them now, especially since smartpak is so service oriented.

I will not order from them. Several years ago I ordered a few items including a bridle that didn’t fit and needed to be returned. On the order form and the website, it stated they had a 365 day return policy. I finally got around to returning it about two months after I ordered it and they would not take it, they stated their policy had changed and it was now a 30 day return policy. They would not honor the return policy stated on the order slip! I was so mad I vowed to never order from them again…and I haven’t.

[QUOTE=My Two Cents;8267294]
I’m sorry your order got destroyed but it is not a Stateline tack issue. I don’t think it’s fair to Stateline tack to expect them to replace your order because you missed a shipping notice.[/QUOTE]

Thhey ordered the package destroyed. Rather than 1) wait and see if perhaps someone was away 2) contact the gift giver to see what they wanted done or 3) try an alternate way to contact me

Their customer service response? Talk to our shipper.
“our shipper” is not returning calls or emails.

Where did you see me expect to be sent a new shipment? All I said was if in Canada I couldn’t recommend using them. Seriously.

My favorite thing about them these days is that their social media is obviously contracted out so they post the most innane drivel on FB and its kind of amazingly weird to read.

I ordered a supplement 2 weeks ago, got 25% off, and $2.99 shipping and got it in 3 days. Pretty happy :slight_smile:

In Feb, I ordered some Wintec webbers from them because the pictures on the site looked (to me) like the holes were punched all the way through and not the stupid design where there’s a smooth front to them. I HATE the design where the holes aren’t punched all the way through and only ordered because I thought I’d found a stock of older webbers.

Nope. The new design came. I contacted them expecting it to be an easy return, since they clearly didn’t match their photo. After a couple back and forth (including sending pictures), this was their response:

The picture does show the webbers you ordered however, because of the white background, it does appear the hole is punched all the way through. if you look closely, you will see it is gray where the holes are in the webbers, showing a backing to them. You did received what you had ordered and we apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

In other words, since I couldn’t distinguish between light gray on the webbers and white on the background of the altered image, and nothing in the description indicated that the gray photoshopping was there to show show “a backing” to the leathers (instead of just showing the backing, like they do for the higher-end version of them, I guess?)… I was wrong and I’d gotten what I ordered.

They eventually grudgingly agreed to let me return them, while making it clear that I was being an unreasonable PITA for wanting to receive what I thought the photo showed. I didn’t, because I didn’t trust them to refund the money after all that and at least I was able to donate them to someone who will use them.

Never again. When they admit their photo is misleading and still try to blame the customer for being unhappy… forget it.

I don’t order a lot from them, but I like them overall and they have good prices on many items. I liked them a bit better when they were owned by Petsmart a few years back though!

I’m steamed. I won’t order from them again. Last week I placed an order for three day expedited shipping-$28 on a $50 order-but I needed the supplement to mix my own electrolytes for an endurance ride this weekend. I leave on 6 am Friday morning.

No arrival today so tracked the package and it was sent standard economy shipping arriving Friday! Customer service doesn’t know what happened. I have to call again tomorrow for regular customer service to get all my $ refunded including shipping. That had better happen with a smile. I’ve instructed family to refuse the shipment.

Now I’m screwed. No local shop has it in stock which is the only reason I took a chance on ordering from them since my last order in 2007. So much for the 20% off coupon they sent me.

I’ve ordered from them twice in the past 4 months or so, and no problems. What I ordered arrived on time, as described, and I will order from them again if I need to.

I’m close enough to their Missouri warehouse that I get things very quickly. I ordered a jug of U7 and these nifty dosing syringes and they came quickly and were a good price. But, I haven’t had to return anything, so…

State Line Tack

[QUOTE=t. nason;7423302]
Are they good to order from[/QUOTE]

DO NOT order from these folks.

I have spent the last 3 days trying to return an item that was mailed to me incorrectly by State Line Tack. My first step was to notify them that I had not received the item I ordered and asked “customer service” how to return it so Stateline Tack could mail the correct item. Since then I have been asked to take a picture of the item to prove it is the incorrect item. Then I was asked to measure the item, and now I have been asked to take a picture of me measuring the item to “prove” that they sent me the wrong item. I will never do business with Stateline Tack, and I will advise my friends in the horse world to never do business with you as well. I really needed this latigo for an upcoming trail ride, and I was sure I had ordered it in time. It looks like I was wrong and will find another supplier.

DO NOT ORDER FROM STATE LINE TACK

DO NOT order from these folks.

I have spent the last 3 days trying to return an item that was mailed to me incorrectly by State Line Tack. My first step was to notify them that I had not received the item I ordered and asked “customer service” how to return it so Stateline Tack could mail the correct item. Since then I have been asked to take a picture of the item to prove it is the incorrect item. Then I was asked to measure the item, and now I have been asked to take a picture of me measuring the item to “prove” that they sent me the wrong item. I will never do business with Stateline Tack, and I will advise my friends in the horse world to never do business with you as well. I really needed this latigo for an upcoming trail ride, and I was sure I had ordered it in time. It looks like I was wrong and will find another supplier.

I, on the other hand have had excellent customer service. I ordered a set of 6 snaps (along with other merchandise) and there was only 5 in the box. They promptly sent another 6 instead of just the one that was missing. Polite and speedy service was appreciated. I almost didn’t even complain but I use the snaps in pairs and I wanted them to match.

I have had to take pictures of items for other companies and it was no big deal. It just confirmed what I was telling them and the errors were corrected. I certainly didn’t take offense to having to show them measurements.

I would not lose any sleep over a latigo. That’s an item we always have an extra on hand in case we need to change a damaged one out on the morning of a trail ride.

Only good reviews here, I ordered a saddle cover and when it came it was the totally wrong one. I called and they sent me the right one, and told me to keep the first saddle cover. So I like them!

I hadn’t ordered from them in a few years, but last winter went to place an order for a few things that were on sale. Entered my info and after submitting it I got a prompt that I would have to call their customer service between A-Z business hours to confirm that I intended to place an online order, before it would be processed. Not the worst experience, but no thanks- I work during those hours and just placed an online order for convenience, not to have to follow up again just to get the order placed.

I’m guessing the need to call them had something to do with a security issue of some sort. You probably won’t need to call in again. I would rather have to call in than have credit card fraud on my account.

Stateline has always sent me good products at good prices.
I’ve never had to return anything to them.

I ordered from them recently. The shipping took forever, and I had to get an RMA to do the return. There are many better options. Pity, I used to love the old Stateline, especially the store that is now a Dover.

I miss them in the local petsmarts. :frowning:

I think they are good to order from if you aren’t planning on returning.

Stateline has a history. They were a family-run store in tax-free New Hampshire, a few miles from the Massachusetts state line. They were definitely a destination store, as they had an excellent inventory and excellent prices. The owner died, and the store continued on with her husband for a little while. But it was sold to one of the pet store chains (Petsmart, maybe) and they kept the store in NH and opened up an annex with pet supplies. But the pricing and inventory didn’t compare to the “real” Stateline. They were sold again – I don’t know who owns them. But the NH store was closed and the big converted barn was sold to Dover. They did quite a bit of remodeling, including moving the stairway to the basement. It’s a nice store, but I’m at the point now that it’s not worth a drive unless there is something specific that I need that I won’t order online due to shipping costs.

I am confused how a company would warranty a horse having a reaction to a product. What product did your horse react to?

2 Likes