stateline tack reviews

That looks pretty bad, and I’m sorry that happened to your horse. But what do you expect State Line to do? When you go to the grocery store to buy shampoo, do you expect them to “warranty” it if it makes your hair fall out? The reseller isn’t responsible–the manufacturer is. I hope you’re able to get somewhere with whatever company actually produced the product that hurt your horse.

3 Likes

I agree with this

Unless they shipped a supplement past expiration or in a way that would compromise its shelf life, I don’t know how the retailer could be held responsible.

OP - jingles your horse makes a full recovery.

2 Likes

Order several times a month and have never had a problem. The 25% or 30% off is really true in comparison to other companies for the same product.

I’ve found their prices on Animed MSM the cheapest of all I check when they run a 30 or 35% sale. I got a 10lb bucket for $38.24. I’ve ordered breeches from there, Dublin Shapely and love them. I do wait for a sale but have always had a good experience.

Stateline is one of the few complete supply sources for horse lovers. HOWEVER, be cautious and research the product thoroughly before making an online purchase. Descriptions are not always complete enough that returns are necessary. We recently purchased a pair of high quality boots from Stateline Tack. It was necessary to return the product due to fit. Their process is simple to get a RA# to return the product to them. The problem occurs when they claim 7-10 business days to get a refund to your card, however, in reality it took a few weeks and multiple calls. You will have to pay return shipping (which in this case was $24 ). You don’t get any confirmation or that they receive the product or of processing your return. They generally have good products but be sure you won’t have to use the return process or you will be disappointed.

1 Like

The RA authorization process for a return is horrible. Smartpak returns are so very easy it makes it worth it to order from them despite their shipping issues (which hopefully appear to be sorted out).

Ghost post, but I’ll agree that Stateline’s return policy is sub par. I don’t use them anymore because of that. If I had a physical location near me then I’d just go to the store, but not worth the shipping costs/hassle.

1 Like

Well I’m still getting good products and good service from the company and I’ve never had to return anything.

I’m not sure what happened in the middle part of their history, but at this point the pet supplies operation is (again?) independent and moved across town. It’s a pretty good shop. (They actually have a small set of horse stuff, too, but in no way would I call it a tack shop, nor are they pretending to be one.)

Stateline, really? They’re owned by the same company that owns horse.com, dog.com and KV Vet now. I wonder if they spun off the local rights to the name and bricks and mortar store?

It’s possible I’m a gullible sucker! That said, I’m looking at http://www.statelinepetsupply.com/ and it doesn’t have remotely the same branding as the horse.com/dog.com/KV sites, which all list each other as being associated. They also have a short discussion of their history and being a spinoff of State Line Tack at http://www.statelinepetsupply.com/about/.