Unlimited access >

Stolen Horses In Wisconsin

Looking for 2 stolen Arabian mares that were sold in Dodge Co, WI, possibly near Lebanon. Minuet and Sara are both dark bay, almost black Arabian mares. Minuet has no markings besides a 1-2 inch scar on the left side of her neck. Sara has one marking, a full white pastern.

What a nightmare. Feel free to PM me if you would like for me to link with you on Facebook to share. I am in southeastern, WI.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Yikes-I wish you luck and hope she is prosecuted. That is awful and a great reminder to research any rescue before you support it.

[QUOTE=lmeyer7;8650805]
Five of my very valuable and very loved horses, including three very expensive mares, two Arabians and a National Show Horse (all of which are very valuable with incredible bloodlines), were stolen from me by a woman who worked at a veterinary clinic in Rubicon, WI.
I had her watching my horses while I was out of town, she stole them and forged a bill of sale. I have contacted the person whose signature she forged and have proof that he did not sign or nor initiate any bill of sale. This woman will tell anyone any story possible to make herself look like she legally did this but I have the proof she did not. I don’t believe I am the only victim as she ran a rescue organization for horses and I am not sure if she legally obtained all of the horses she has obtained.
I am specifically looking for two of the five horses of mine that she has illegally stolen and believed to be sold, I am not actively looking for the other horses of mine as I believe to know where they are.
If you think one of your horses may have been illegally taken by her, please contact me. If you think you have seen or know where the horses of mine that are believed to be sold is, please contact me. The rescue organization was being run in Dodge County, WI and the contact information is in Hartford, WI. In addition, please contact me if you would like to know the story in its entirety as well as how to help further.

The horses of mine that I am looking for were listed on equinenow called “Sara” and “Minuet”. “Sara” is a dark bay, almost black, Arabian mare with only one marking, a white pastern marking on her hind left leg. She is believed to have matured to be between 14.1 -14.3 hands. She is believed to have been sold in Dodge County, WI.

“Minuet” is a mahogany/dark bay Arabian mare with no markings besides a 1-2 inch scar on the left side of her neck, just in front of the shoulder. She is between 15.2 and 15.3 hands. She is also believed to have been sold in Dodge County, WI.

Please, please contact me at informationhorse@gmail.com if you would like to learn how to help me with this further and if you have any information at all or if you would like any more information including a photo of “Sara” and “Minuet”. This is devastating and any help would be wonderful.[/QUOTE]

Forgive me for asking, but, how long ago were these horses stolen if you aren’t certain of her height?

I couldn’t find any info on any of the WI FB Horse Groups either, nor could I find anything on Net Posse. You may want to post on those sites as well if you haven’t already.

They were stolen a few years ago when “Sara” was only a yearling. I’m working on posting this wherever I can right now.

[QUOTE=Brian;8650872]
Forgive me for asking, but, how long ago were these horses stolen if you aren’t certain of her height?

I couldn’t find any info on any of the WI FB Horse Groups either, nor could I find anything on Net Posse. You may want to post on those sites as well if you haven’t already.[/QUOTE]

They were stolen a few years ago when “Sara” was only a yearling. I’m working on posting wherever I can.

[QUOTE=MorganJumper848;8650845]
What a nightmare. Feel free to PM me if you would like for me to link with you on Facebook to share. I am in southeastern, WI.[/QUOTE]

It is. I will PM you about spreading the word, I really appreciate it!

[QUOTE=Groovin!;8650850]
Yikes-I wish you luck and hope she is prosecuted. That is awful and a great reminder to research any rescue before you support it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! It is a really great reminder, you never know what’s going on.

What are their registered names, and exactly what date did they go missing? Did you report it to local law enforcement and to NetPosse aka Stolen Horse International?

[QUOTE=sdlbredfan;8650956]
What are their registered names, and exactly what date did they go missing? Did you report it to local law enforcement and to NetPosse aka Stolen Horse International?[/QUOTE]
Ditto this, you must start here to preserve your rights, regarding reporting to law enforcement. Net Posse is the next step, they act as a central clearinghouse for information and have a stock form to fill out including photographs, information needed, etc.
Did you have any of the animals microchipped? How old were they when they were unlawfully sold? How old would they be exactly, at this time?
Make sure to put all this in the NetPosse report and share that here, on your Facebook groups, etc.

I’m terribly sorry this has happened to you and I hope that they are able to be located.

[QUOTE=ReSomething;8651077]
Ditto this, you must start here to preserve your rights, regarding reporting to law enforcement. Net Posse is the next step, they act as a central clearinghouse for information and have a stock form to fill out including photographs, information needed, etc.
Did you have any of the animals microchipped? How old were they when they were unlawfully sold? How old would they be exactly, at this time?
Make sure to put all this in the NetPosse report and share that here, on your Facebook groups, etc.

I’m terribly sorry this has happened to you and I hope that they are able to be located.[/QUOTE]

We have contacted local law enforcement and the FBI (as she transported them between states). I’m going to be looking into NetPosse. She forged a bill of sale to show her “ownership”, she also sent that into the registry to have papers transferred before the persons name she forged could be contacted, I’m working with them right now on having the papers transferred back. The persons name that she forged has been working with me also. “Minuet” is registered as GA Grand Minuet and “Sara” was taken before her registration was complete.

No, they were not microchipped but they are DNA and blood typed with the registry. “Minuet” would be 17 today and “Sara” would be 10. We believe they were sold fairly recently but not sure of dates.

Stolen “a few years ago”, yet sara was a yearling when you last saw her, and is now 10??? Are you sure she didn’t assume the horses were abandoned? Because people don’t usually have people look after horses while they are out of town FOR 9 YEARS.

Ditto, very loved horses that have not been seen for nearly a decade?

I’m confused.
If they were stolen, I’m sorry. But something doesn’t seem right about this story.:confused:

Another confused poster. Sorry, hopefully clarifying to us will make it easier for others to understand so our annoying questions will be helpful in the long run.

Did you look for your horses when they were sold? Why are you only looking for them now (if you did not look then)?
What do you want to happen here? Just to know that your previous horses are safe? If someone has owned them for 10 years it is going to make it hard to expect them back.

This is an extremely long time to let this have gone on unless you were out of the country entirely. If they were boarded with her she had rights and may have exercised them lawfully to be compensated for unpaid board.

What DO you want from this?

This post is confusing to say the least…horses were stolen 2 years ago?? Sara was a yearling last you saw her. Now she’s 10 so when were these horses stolen 9 years ago?? Why on earth did you wait 2 or is it 9 years to do something about it???.

Whoever has owned these horses, isn’t going to want to just give them back to you after this many years. I really don’t get why you waited so long ,to start searching for these horses.

As I said in a previous reply, she has been moving these horses around for nine years now. We learned last night and have been told in past that she has been at barns where the horses have never been turned out, to hide them. We were out of state for three months as we were going to be moving and were looking at homes when she stole them (we were not boarding with her, she was watching them at our home and I was paying her, she stole these horses out of several we had). We have been looking for the horses actively this entire time. Unfortunately for years, the Sheriffs department stated it was a civil action which I’ve spent thousands of dollars on starting a civil action and during that time, I was going blind due to my Multiple Sclerosis and had to go get a Plasma transfusion at a speciality hospital in Colorado which led to myself being in the hospital on the final pre-trial date and the judge dismissed the case for no appearances. I had called and asked to appear by phone, the judge denied it. My Multiple Sclerosis have ended up making myself permanently disabled.

Long story short, yes, we have been looking this entire time and haven’t given up. Just a few months ago, we were told this should’ve been a criminal case, we are working with the Governors Office and Attorney General to assist us due to the police originally stating it was a civil matter due to her forged bill of sale. We just recently have been able to completely prove the bill of sale is forged.

This woman stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from her employer for over seven years and was just recently charged and convicted of multiple counts, just to give you a slight glimpse of who we are dealing with.

Private message me or email if you have any more questions, I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Did you ever file with NetPosse in all those years?

[QUOTE=trubandloki;8651768]
Did you ever file with NetPosse in all those years?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did file with NetPosse years ago when she was still able to use a forged bill of sale. I posted on NetPosse and the woman who took my horses contacted NetPosse and told them about her forged bill of sale and they took her word for it and deleted my listing. I have complete proof now that the bill of sale was illegally forged.