Unlimited access >

TB auction in Hemet, CA

I don’t know if Pedigree Query is accurate, but there is a note on In Two Note’s pedigree that she was listed on Canter NE at some point. She was bred by Martin Wygod per Equineline and sold as a weanling at Barrett’s for 23K.

I feel so sorry for all those horses. It’s shameful that the Stronachs would do something like this. Especially given that they tout their after racing rehoming so much.

1 Like

It looks like Stronach has lost interest in California breeding because this appears to be stock from his partner’s farm, EF1 and the Stronach stallions are gone per the Bloodhorse.

At least word has gotten out because the Cross Traffic filly has 24 bids. I wonder why the World Renowned foals are grade. World Renowned is an A P Indy son and those mares are TBs. Did they use AI?

The dam of the Cross Traffic filly, Lil Bunny Foo Foo still has no bids. A nice 2013 mare… someone should snag her.

https://www.pedigreequery.com/lil+bunny+foo+foo

Still no bids on Fonda Ronda Two, and Saintcerely. I reached out to one west coast breeding friend, but the mares are too far away, and would be headed pretty far North at a cold time of year. They would be in a 100% turnout, broodmare herd situation with continual hay and shelter at her farm. It’s a great situation in many respects, and the friend has done a few rescues from other herd dispersals over the years… but this situation is just a bridge too far, especially given that it’s November. The mares aren’t in great condition now, and wouldn’t have a fighting chance to acclimatize.

I wish I had available funds and space to do something completely foolish and give one old broodie a soft landing, and life as a family pet and pasture puff. I am REALLY happy to see there are bids out on 3 other older mares - In Two Notes, Wekiva Mist, and Snow Angel. Good for whoever gets them - really classy old girls.

2 Likes

I am so angry I could spit nails over this situation.

All of them are “nice” horses who could be useful for something. None of them would be worth much consigned through one of the reputable sales, and with the fees due, none of them are worth much period. Which is why we are where we are.

If anyone is in a position to take action for any of these horses, I’d like to contribute a dribble.

1 Like

So, I’ve put in two bids on the babies selling as grade, as I figure the racing people won’t touch them with a 1,000 foot pole. If I had my way, I’d bring three of those pregnant mares home, but my husband says my baby fever shouldn’t be a deciding factor. We can give some of these babies a soft landing and future career. I’d love to be out bid, but I’ll see what happens.

2 Likes

Fonda Ronda Two and Saintcerely are now listed at $100.

I’m literally about 4 months away from moving to a new farm here in Virginia with great pasture and space for a few more. And I’m glad my husband is not home today, because he would probably aid and abet me in terms of raiding our savings, shipping a teenage broodmare clear across the country, paying the inevitable insane vet bills, but giving her a soft landing and a forever home. He’s a DANGEROUSLY wonderful horse husband…

Holy crap how did I find this when they were only closing in an hour? I went to look at a track horse ytdy but he needs a long letdown. These ladies are all field bred from what I can tell though?

So sad.

Also, I have a shipper on call this weekend bc I almost bought a horse at Los Alamitos ytdy but the fires ruined my shipping plans. he’s right by Hemet and will bring these guys anywhere to you, great guy.

Crap. Really want a mare. Really DONT want a foal. LOL

Check out Lil Bunny Foo Foo or the three year old whose papers got lost

Check out the 2013 Lil Bunny Foo Foo mare. Maybe she would fit your criteria?

I was just watching video for papers lost mare. https://youtu.be/2M5Wd5tKEdk Does she seem stiff in the hind at all? Or is that me being paranoid?

Really wish they had thought to / tried to jog them!

Stiff - unfortunate :frowning:

1 Like

I saw her, but noted that some of the other mares they’ve confirmed weren’t exposed or checked. Can we be 100% sure that they aren’t in foal, or were covered at some point?

Two I like both have zero notes on pregnancy status, where the others have pretty specific notes on yes/no. Wondering if the ambiguity of paperwork also applies to their status there are well?

I have never foaled a horse so that would be… a big surprise LOL

Someone bid on Fonda Ronda Two… who is obviously heavily in foal, but they don’t indicate who the stallion is - Id hazard a guess concerning North Light.

If the buyer is following this thread, and is interested in finding a new home for her next year post foaling and weaning, send me a PM.

1 Like

I see a lot of City Wolf babes in there too, looks like it was a fun free for all for those boys :wink:

Forgive my ignorance of auctions… but does it go without saying that all the older mommas… some of whom are in foal, and others on the very ribby side… many of them with multiple bids from 105 to 125 right now are going for meat?

Uggh. Really Uggh. I hate this.

100%. I bought my mare from one of these “kill pen” auctions. At least you have papers and exact age on these guys. I was told mine was 6-8, 2 vets gave her a health cert with an age of 7 - and she showed up to be around 20.

Almost seems kinder to have a fund put together to put these ladies down at home instead of making them run the whole auction to slaughter circuit. :cry:

A bunch of the babies just disappeared, including on I bid I . What does that mean?

I think they did opening bids, then a live auction. I’d assume nobody live bid, and you’ve got yourself some horses! Unless they had one of those ebay type auto-bid things at the end where someone outbid you before it went live.

There is now a link on the site to enter the live auction - https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=152875&p=3&sort=0