Unlimited access >

Teknit boots?

I’m thoroughly surprised I found something that hasn’t been posted here yet at all but apparently so… Thanks TikTok :roll_eyes:

Anyone seen/heard of these yet?

I tried these on but didn’t buy them. They were too large in the ankle for me. They’re only sized off the foot so hard if you’re tall or short or have a larger calf. I wanted something cooler considering I ride exclusively in Georgia and Florida and regular boots are damn hot.

I bought the ariat ascent instead.

The idea is neat, but I can’t say I love them - I think it’s the design/material of the foot. They just look like cheap plastic.

Also, $640? Seriously? I’ll stitch some tall socks to a pair of crocs and sell them to you for $100.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t that knit design, which reminds me of waffles, trap dust and dirt? How would you ever get them really clean again?

So I don’t hate it, but I have some questions.

A lot of questions.

Including why the inside reinforced panel doesn’t go all the way up the leg, and how do you clean them, and how will they hold up in a barn, and what is that strap at the top of the calf.

I’m here for technical apparel replacing the equipment we’ve worn since men told us we had to sit sideways, but I am not sure that this is what I am here for.

3 Likes

Hey I dunno, I saw them on Tiktok :laughing: It does say they wash clean? I cant help but think they might over my giant calves and then rebound at the knee to not gap…

I already have heavy socks and crocs. Wow. Ugly and omg the price

I like their idea about being less wasteful but these are kinda ugly. Also I wear out my boots higher up on the inside of the leg. I’m always looking for new boots that I won’t destroy in 6 months. I don’t think these would hold up to five rides a day

Is this all textile? Hard to tell reading the website.

I do think the possibility of form fitting to the leg is intriguing. However, seeing the poster who mentioned the loose ankle is discouraging. I have long feet and find the commensurate leg is too wide in many brands.

If you get them report back!

I have smallish feet but 16" calves even when I’m not 20 pounds overweight, and anything that goes that large is too big by inches in the knee. Unlike @showy I cant even begin to get those into a 7.5 shoe size in Ariats.

ETA I am rehabbing a suspensory in one and my other is 2 so I’m not buying new boots anytime soon, and especially without more reviews at that price for such non-traditional boots :scream: But I was hoping more people had seen them at booths, for the number of BNRs they sponsor… I mean I suppose I could lease my medium pony and trail after whatever lucky child that would be and see what I see, but that mean letting the pony leave :laughing:

It’s an interesting idea but the price tag is way too high.
Also, if you look through the photos the boots don’t fit several of the models. Which is weird.

There’s a reason we use water resistant and dirt resistant boots around horses. I think keeping these clean would be very difficult

I have black sneakers with stretch fabric uppers. The dirt and grit and mud and sawdust goes right through. The bits of hay get jammed in the weave. They pick up dust and look awful. You have to rinse them under running water if you wear them to the barn. And they are totally not water resistant let alone water proof.

I can’t see taking these boots into the barn.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m a HP sponsored rider and have been riding in these for over a year. I did see that they are about to come out in Navy which is really exciting to me!

When they arrived, I had photos/instructions on how to put them on. The great/special part of these boots is that you only need to buy your foot size, the leg/calf of the boot will stretch to your size.

However. It took me a hot-minute to figure out how to put them on. (And, for reference I’m a 26/XS calf-size.) I played around with the best angle, then finally looked at the actual directions. You roll down the calf, point your toe. They slip right on. I find them, impossible to put on unless you roll down and point your toe the correct way. But, if you do this they slip on like a glove.

To wear. So I now put them on at the house, go out to the barn and wear all day, multiple horses, lots of walking. They are very comfortable. There is zero wearing-in time. It’s so nice that I can wear these all day, whereas my tall boots don’t last/aren’t comfortable for that kind of wear.

To clean? Girl, put them in the washing machine. I throw them in on regular cycle, then set them out to dry. Brand new. I clean stalls so shavings can hang on the fabric. So, day-to-day whereas I can polish my tall boots, I’m not washing these every day. I can rinse off the shoe portion and take a hard brush if I need to quickly clean. But, normally I just, again stick them in the washing machine if I want them to look new again. (This was not suggested by HP, I just decided on my own.)

The price point. I find the HP products to be a higher price point in general. However, I’m always very impressed with the construction and tailoring of their products. (The clothes always have minute tailoring details that I wouldn’t think of that set them apart from some of your other brands.) For an every-day boots. My other tall boots don’t last year+ for every-day work, usually bursting at the zipper or coming unstitched at the foot/heel connection from water damage/I don’t condtion them (ever) and these look relatively the same from the first purchase.

I haven’t had any stretching, the shoe portion doesn’t scuff, and the heel shows practically no wear. I do keep a manicure and you can see where I grab the shoe at the ankle to pull on some peeling.

Obviously, these boots were sent to me for free. But, I’m very happy with their wear, and choose them over my tall boots every day.

3 Likes

26??? That is like toddler size, I’m a 38 which equals a 7/7.5.

Thanks for the review, I gotta admit I’m intrigued because I’m a hard fit. I went semi-custom with some DeNiros and I love them, but between them and my clogs+half chaps that are wearing out, it’s all I have for riding boots. I may email the company and see if these will actually stretch over my calf as much as I need. How long have you been wearing them? Any pics of them on?

Sorry like a 26 pants. I guess pants aren’t relative to calf-size. But, I had the same struggle to pull them on and have a very petite (child size-width calf). The key to get them on is to follow the instructions of the model that come with the boots. Because no pulling, no matter how small will get them on otherwise.

Thank you for the detailed review! Do you have any current pictures of what the boots look like while they are on you?

Also, do you live in a colder climate? If yes, do you find that your feet get any colder than they did when you had leather boots?

2 Likes

Sure, I post photos regularly on my Instagram ( instagram.com/clairecumbee) I’m in the southeast, so no I don’t have great comments on the cold. I would add, if you order your shoe size, there probably isn’t much room for warmer socks in the shoe. Theoretically, you should be able to wear as thick of socks around the calf as you wish and the leg will stretch to that diameter.

Also update,these were sent to me January 5th, 2022 so not quite a year.

You can probably see the peeling I have around the ankle. (This is also w/ every-day wear.) I normally compete in my tall boots.

1 Like

I would be very interested in this product at a different price point. But I wouldn’t even pay this much for show boots!

1 Like

Do you have high arches? I love the idea of them as I have two difference sized ankles due to injury, and having something that adjusts could solves some issues for me. But I have obnoxiously high arches already, and when my ankle swells up it makes it worse.

@TheJenners, I found the thread from last year where you talked about ordering your DeNiros and the fact that they offer a wide foot is appealing to me. Can you link to the site that you ordered from?

Best customer service ever, highly recommend.