Unlimited access >

That's a twist

Interesting. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for explaining that. It makes more sense now.

Strangely enough I had a PM from this person. It looked to be all text but I deleted it without reading.

Wasn’t there an arraignment for MB in november? What happened there?

1 Like

It might be a proactive maneuver by the LLC as I can’t imagine LK isn’t planning on eventually suing the owners of the farm at some point.

1 Like

tell ussssss

1 Like

I have no clue what happened, was just curious after that NY times article was released saying he was back in court in November and then never saw anything more on it

1 Like

I can’t seem to find anything about an arraignment. It’s interesting that he hasn’t been arraigned yet?

1 Like

I looked and didn’t find anything about the arraignment either. I would think that would have happened by now…

Re: Robert Goodwin being named in the suit. In the original thread, someone posted that he did some work on the house. Perhaps the work was shoddy and they didn’t have permission to do it from the owners.

8 Likes

Edit: I see someone beat me to it :slight_smile:

https://www.dailyrecord.com/story/ne…ing/2689678001

1 Like

…shot a woman employed and residing at the 53-acre Barisone Dressage Farm in the Long Valley

Ok…

The indictment includes two counts of first-degree attempted murder and two second-degree counts of possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose. First-degree attempted murder carries a maximum penalty of life in prison.

Rightfully so.

Kanarek, who was living at the farm with her fiancé, said Barisone, Sweetgrass and barn manager Ruth Cox put her in danger by allowing firearms on the property.

Might as well move out of the United States. Or sue the United States.

Kanarek accuses Cox and 10 unnamed possible owners of the black-and-pink 9-millimeter Ruger pistol used in the shooting of failing to prevent her former trainer from getting hold of the weapon.

Ok…

Summary: The whole thing is still weird.

17 Likes

Whats weird? He tried to kill 2 people and was charged for it. Probably go away for life if he doesn’t plea.

What is weird is how people can not admit that MB was in the wrong that day.

12 Likes

Yeahhh that’s not exactly what I was focusing on. Let me clarify:

Yes, MB was absolutely in the wrong that day.
”‹”‹”‹”‹”‹”‹

What’s weird is that I did not know she was employed by him/the farm. What is weird is that there are so many potential owners of one gun. What is weird is that the stable manager was to assume all responsibility for firearms on the property. I’d think that firearms would be allowed on the property as long as state laws were followed. Just in general. Obviously laws were not followed on this property.

So maybe the whole thing isn’t weird, but parts of it are, to me. You’re welcome to disagree.

29 Likes

I agree with your weird thoughts @CanteringCarrot .

I would also use the word weird to describe the whole thing. Not because I think he was not wrong, because he was. (the required disclaimer) It is not OK to shoot someone.

Which is part of why it is so freaking weird. Both sides are weird. Very weird.

17 Likes

This is kind of a leap of logic. No one here is saying that he was not wrong… Shooting someone is wrong.
Cantering Carrot even said “rightfully so” under the information about the indictment.
How do you twist that into saying we are not admitting MB was wrong?

23 Likes

ok, that makes sense. I agree it is weird all the people could own the gun, I am guessing they are all named because she doesnt know who the true owner is, or who had it, and may have given it to him.

Regarding employment, the media always gets things wrong so Im guessing thats an error?

It is not a leap based on previous threads here, but the poster clarified.

2 Likes

It’s always interesting to read the news articles and compare the language to the actual press release:

https://prosecutor.morriscountynj.gov/2019/12/man-indicted-for-attempted-murder-in-connection-with-shooting-in-washington-township/

I’d also be keenly interested to know how all of LK’s safesport reports pan out.

(https://www.chronofhorse.com/article/barisone-indicted-on-attempted-murder-counts)

2 Likes

How are there “10 possible owners” of the gun? Is it not registered to someone, be it Ruth Cox or someone else?

2 Likes