Unlimited access >

The Big NYC Carriage Thread/UPDATES posts #41-51 NEW/EQUUS/Fran Jurga #67

Hello all -

As many of you know, the anticipated has happened here in NYC, and the promised ban is on our doorstep.

That said, we are a long, long way from being eradicated from the NYC landscape, no matter WHAT our new mayor says :winkgrin:

I am posting this thread as a clearinghouse for all info pertaining to us, for as long as our battle lasts.

COTH has been an enormous force in support of our business, both in terms of morale and in real, practical ways, such as being the place where our annual ClipClopNYC event was born and nurtured.

There have always been a handful here who do not support us. That is fine, but know this: I will not engage in ANY debate on this particular thread, I am here strictly to answer questions and give information about our battle.

Here is our big news for today – our new website is UP!!

http://www.savenychorsecarriages.com/

What I would ESPECIALLY like to request of COTHers is to write a letter of support under the “How You Can Help” button. We are working on a link direct to the city councilmembers, but for now, we will be collecting letters of support this way.

At the bottom of the Home page, you will see a live Twitter feed anytime anyone uses the hashtag #SaveNYCHorseCarriages. It’s a pretty neat feature, and very active.

Our second big news item for today is that there will be a TWEET STORM tonight to help launch our new website. All the info is here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=653922474646415&set=a.146762165362451.24821.143353929036608&type=1&theater

That’s all for now folks. I am working 18 hours a day on this, and still do not have all the time I need to get everything done, but I will make sure to check back here at least once a day to answer questions and thank our supporters :slight_smile:

COTH rocks, and NYC thanks you!!

I know the Off Meds forum is all-consuming right now but this is still an equine forum. (I hope)
Maybe we can support some equines in between discussing our genitals and love lives? :winkgrin:

[QUOTE=MistyBlue;7354851]
I know the Off Meds forum is all-consuming right now but this is still an equine forum. (I hope)
Maybe we can support some equines in between discussing our genitals and love lives? :winkgrin:[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Great website! I will be tweeting my heart our for you guys tonight.

Good for you, web site looks great!

As they say around here, “don’t let the turkeys get you down!”

[QUOTE=michaleenflynn;7354681]
Hello all -

As many of you know, the anticipated has happened here in NYC, and the promised ban is on our doorstep.

That said, we are a long, long way from being eradicated from the NYC landscape, no matter WHAT our new mayor says :winkgrin:

I am posting this thread as a clearinghouse for all info pertaining to us, for as long as our battle lasts.

COTH has been an enormous force in support of our business, both in terms of morale and in real, practical ways, such as being the place where our annual ClipClopNYC event was born and nurtured.

There have always been a handful here who do not support us. That is fine, but know this: I will not engage in ANY debate on this particular thread, I am here strictly to answer questions and give information about our battle.

Here is our big news for today – our new website is UP!!

http://www.savenychorsecarriages.com/

What I would ESPECIALLY like to request of COTHers is to write a letter of support under the “How You Can Help” button. We are working on a link direct to the city councilmembers, but for now, we will be collecting letters of support this way.

At the bottom of the Home page, you will see a live Twitter feed anytime anyone uses the hashtag #SaveNYCHorseCarriages. It’s a pretty neat feature, and very active.

Our second big news item for today is that there will be a TWEET STORM tonight to help launch our new website. All the info is here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=653922474646415&set=a.146762165362451.24821.143353929036608&type=1&theater

That’s all for now folks. I am working 18 hours a day on this, and still do not have all the time I need to get everything done, but I will make sure to check back here at least once a day to answer questions and thank our supporters :slight_smile:

COTH rocks, and NYC thanks you!![/QUOTE]

Thanks, MF, and I’ve just forwarded your new website to a bunch of my friends and boarders who wanted to know what they could do.

Has anyone countered the BS “cruelty” argument by asking the mayor if he’s ALSO getting rid of the NYPD Mounted Unit on similar grounds??? How about the police DOGS? Damn, that hot pavement, y’know . . . and dogs don’t even wear SHOES!

I’ll tell anyone who wants to know that retired horses living in those idyllic green pastures have a MUCH higher mortality rate than your working horses!

Thanks for posting the link.

The site looks good!

michaleenflynn, the site doesn’t work in Safari - the links go nowhere.

Have your developer use https://saucelabs.com to mimic other browsers if you don’t have access to a mac/safari.

The site looks great–very well done!

Rebecca

Nicely done Eva, looks great. When does the tweetstorm start?

Looks pretty nice :slight_smile: A few things I would fix:

The links to external sites at the bottom right of the “The Issue” page should be hotlinked so they can simply be clicked. Right now you have to copy the URL and paste it into the address bar to visit them.

The bottom of “Our Horses” page has a bunch of template placeholders remaining.

The “Famous Friends” page has a big tan box floating over most of the text, making it unreadable.

[QUOTE=poltroon;7355121]
michaleenflynn, the site doesn’t work in Safari[/QUOTE]

Yay, it works in Safari now!

Did anyone else see that the ASPCA is dissolving their enforcement division that was so focused on the carriage horses? They said that the NYPD will do enforcement now. I’m betting it had something to do with the allegations from their former employees, and other scandals that hit the news.

[QUOTE=JanM;7356113]
Did anyone else see that the ASPCA is dissolving their enforcement division that was so focused on the carriage horses? They said that the NYPD will do enforcement now. I’m betting it had something to do with the allegations from their former employees, and other scandals that hit the news.[/QUOTE]

Well, no one said animal rights extremist are stupid.
They will do what they have to do to keep on getting donations.
That bad PR in the age of information needs to be addressed asap and they did.
I expect they will still work to get those horses “liberated”, just thru other means.:no:

At least those working on stories about this will have a place to go for a second opinion over the animal rights extremist propaganda thru what they can read in this web site.
Maybe that will help put some balance in their stories.
I think that is all the NYC carriage people want from them, although some support if some are so inclined would also be nice.:yes:

I think you’ll like this blog post about the NYC Carriage horses situation:

http://horsecountrychic.blogspot.com/2014/01/save-new-york-carriage-horses.html

Wonderful Site! Great job!

As a heads up- when I checked out your site last night, the tweets that were showing up were all antis- leading some of my fellow carriage horse fans to wonder who controlled the site? I’m thinking your web master could clean those up?

Might I also add a plea from Utah for proponents of carriages to comment on the proposed ordinance changes here via this link:

http://www.slcgov.com/opencityhall?pd_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.peakdemocracy.com%2Fportals%2F79%2Fforum_home%3Factive_forum_id%3D221%26active_issue_id%3D1616%26phase%3DOpen

I am well aware BTW that some folks are po’d at the owners of the one company here over how things were handled last August- but I still maintain that collectively, on a national (even international) basis we need to weigh in on the facts- horses pulling carriages is not cruel or inhumane. So we really need a lot of comments before tomorrow’s meetings- especially since 3 new council members were sworn in this morning- their thoughts are unknown but education never hurts.

I would hope that Cothers would unite against ANY attack on the carriage horses right now and in the future.

THey are coming after ALL horses one discipline at a time.

Now is the time to be heard by the thousands and perhaps delay these attacks or our relationship with these beautiful animals!