Unlimited access >

The Maestro has written another book

@ThreeWishes Better yet, you’ll have to be on the chain mail list and read it for yourself!!! I’ll set up a separate thread for that at the time! It’s paperback and shouldn’t cost much to mail. SO much cheaper than buying a copy and you are right, the love can be spread without him profiting a cent.

8 Likes

Isn’t it a “foreword” of a book, not a “forward”…??

45 Likes

I wonder if Nick Peronace included in his book his stalking behavior toward one of our COTH members who refused to employ him because he was unable to ride the horse she put him on, his using pictures of other people’s farms and claiming he “trained” there when he didn’t, his lie about being offered a job in the Netherlands by a well respected farm who had never heard of him, the lies about magazine articles and book deals that didn’t exist etc…

If he left those (and other dubious behaviors and facts about himself) out of the narrative it can’t really be a “tell all” book.

25 Likes

Well, I bought a copy, too. So anyone on the west coast can have my copy. Or @J-Lu and I can share the chain mail list.

Having a (real, professional) writing background myself, I admit to having an interest in a self-published bundle of grievances. I might be inspired enough to write my own. There was that time I took my Dutch mare for her IBOP riding test and the jury told me (via a translator) that they’d never seen a keur mare look worse under saddle than she did in-hand. Now I realize it was all a conspiracy! I’m going to title it “Beyond the Triangle”.

35 Likes

Put me on the crazy chain for reading, I’ll take the hit to get it across the border and then pass it on up here :grinning:

4 Likes

Interestingly, the person who wrote the “forward” is a marriage and family therapist from California. Wonder if she even knows the Maestro?

5 Likes

I’m in.
Sheilah

1 Like

Add me to the chain mail list too, please!

1 Like

I think we’ll have to exchange bottles of alcohol while reading first. If you have a writing background, you’ll likely need alcohol to get through the book. Keep that in mind while you read. You’re going to be aggravated by the writing style. Take multiple deep breaths. Deep breaths. Deep breaths with a glass of wine. Deep breaths with a bottle of wine or shots of actual spirits. Forget that someone like him can sell a book on Amazon.

We can definitely share a chain-mail list. And reviews of his book here on CoTH! It is a service to the community. :slight_smile:

We all look forward to your new book! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

15 Likes

I’m not much of a drinker but I may have to start. :wine_glass:

We’ll have to take a swig each time we encounter certain words or phrases like: piaffe, Nuno, COTH, and airs above the ground. If he shares an Italian recipe, mentions national politics or alludes to his brief encounter with Robert Dover, that requires a double gulp.

8 Likes

I’m also torn between wanting to read it vs not wanting to give Nick a cent. Sign me up for the list!!

1 Like

Please add me to the list as well!

1 Like

Dollars to donuts that first review gets taken down as soon as he complains. Probably because the author wasn’t willing to waste twenty bucks on a bunch of delusional verbal diarrhea.

5 Likes

Who has a good reading voice? Record the audiobook for us.

21 Likes

You all are probably the only ones buying the book. :grin:

I don’t have the mental energy to waste on it. Too many important things happening in the world and when I need something pleasant to read or think about, a book written by a someone who has given every appearance of being a dishonest grifter is not my idea of fun. :smile:

15 Likes

I’m just east of you in the land of enchantment, if when your done, I’ll have a go…

2 Likes

OMG. What about Fran Drescher ? Or I could also see (hear) Steve Urkel narrating. Imagine the piaffe scene. Cue Urkel … “Did I do thaaaaaaaaaaat?” :joy:

13 Likes

Yikes! That’s scary unless his riding was much better then. Nightmare scary.

3 Likes

A youtube channel?
Equestrian bedtime stories?

3 Likes

I also wonder if she even knows she wrote the printed “forward”.

I would love to read it too. Please add me to the book share list. I can mail (cheap) wine along with the book.

6 Likes