Unlimited access >

The "NO REINSTATEMENT" thread.

The USEF has traditionally been reactive and not proacive. Someone needs to file a protest or an Official needs to file a complaint. Unless that happens they can waffle.

They only file complaints against members by USEF is if they fail to pay their fees, or give the USEF non-negotiable checks. If members have not paid their memberships or if they have claimed to be a member when they were not. Filling out your entry form incorrectly is something they get to file a charge against as well.

Rather than believing that all those fine folks in Wellington like rubbing shoulders with convicted felons I would prefer to think that the majority are afraid of retribution in many ways.

Originally posted by mwe:
I don’t understand why it is so important to disclose a name. Reading this Robin is the only name posted.
I know many people have been topics on this BB for things they do…myself included. I have friends call and say “look what they said…”
I will not post my e-mail address so I can be attacked. I do not feel the need to name-drop or list other supporters so their integrity can be attacked.
My name is Janet Gunn (as anyone of normal intelligence can deduce from my user name and my email address in my profile).

Many othe people here have names that are similarly easy to deduce from their profile combined with their postings.

Aunt Esther would like to suggest that, given that so many No Reinstatement threads have been closed due to wandering subjects and cat fights, that the non-No Reinstatement line of discussion go to a different thread, before this is closed down as well.

You know, I just scanned the list of those that have signed the petition. I am surprised more trainers are not on there. I think it is our responsibility to ask our trainers point blank, Why have you not signed the petition? Without your signing you are condoning what PV and others have done.

When exactly is his suspension up?

And all of these things must be proved, as if you were in a court of law. No heresay or assumptions. Having been down this road with another, all the proverbial ducks need to be in order.

Agreed, DMK.

Pay heed to your Aunt Esther, people.

Howsabout a reinstatement-related, but NOT PV-related question, just to provide temporary surcease?

Does anyone know whether Dr. Ross Hugi’s testimony was given any weight by the courts in the case against James Heinsohn??

What lies behind this is an ongoing debate as to whether Jatomic Streaker, the horse Hugi alleged he saw flipped out of a trailer and beaten to death with a hammer, should be added to the No Reinstatement t-shirts.

We opted to be pretty conservative and if there wasn’t a CLEAR paper trail we didn’t go for it, but we’re kind of having second thoughts about Jatomic Streaker.

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by big dawg:
I cannot believe you folks have this much free time on your hands to be doing someone’s else’s job…must be a lot of lefties living off your dad’s trust funds…

What a sexist thing to say… how do you know it’s not our Mother’s trust funds thank you very much. I’m sure there are many folks here who work as well.

On a more on topic note, what do you care what these people do with their time? Maybe they make time for important causes.

What about saddle pads and polos? can we get those?

Ohoh, I’ve got another idea…we should hire one of those single engine planes pulling a banner and have it fly over WEF and drop hundreds of those buttons!! wOOt!

Okie Dokie Mr.Andrew, It’s been a generally weird day so I am philosophical and amiable to anyone who doesn’t want to argue.

Bracelets are on my turf and whatever colors for ribbons are someone else’s worry. The ribbons could be black and blue for bruises and beatings and red for blood spilled. But, I’m sure those are the national colors for something important.

Is that what she’s leading you to believe?

No one has to be lead to believe that. Snowy does know a lot on this subject, and you aren’t being respectful or courteous, and actions like yours will get this very important thread closed.

Bali had a good question. If these horses had not been insured would this have happened? Probably not. They also would not have been at PV’s barn in the first place. Expensive horses normally = insurance. To protect said buyer.

As for the slaughter issue. Did anyone of you see the NY Times yesterday page 5? Here’s a small quote of the article. “This horse was not raised to be someone’s dinner”. Full page top to bottom. Giving “5 reasons why horse slaughter is an American disgrace.” Done by the National Horse Protection Coalition. It is EXCELLENT!!!

Snowy, I don’t have the sort of contacts where I could even speculate.

Originally posted by Showponymom Aefvue Mid Atlantic Division:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>but it’s not morals or principals that are going to get you anywhere

With a statement like that I truly understand why the world is going down hill! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The truth hurts. Horses are a business at this level, USEF is a business organization, and neither morals nor principals have ever reigned supreme in a truly competitive business. Do you think America is the world’s biggest superpower because our government since 1776 has been run by morality? Um, nope. The world has been “going downhill” for quite some time now…

Anthem-I like you.

Originally posted by Janet: I think we succomb to “mob memtality” if we attempt to treat ALL the suspended people as a group rather than as individuals.

The each had an individual suspension with a specific date on which they were entitled to apply for reinstatement.

“Due process” and just plain fairness says that EACH ONE should be separately assessed in terms of the extent to which they have met the conditions for reinstatement.

It is all very well to say “I don’t think any of them should be reinstated”- but each one has to reapply and be considered individually.

You can talk about rules that say “if you do X you can never be reinstated”, but even if you could get it passed, it would not aplly retroactively. It would only apply to future acts of X.

The suspended incividuals will reapply individually. If you are going to provide comments to the USEF hearing committee, those comments need to address THE PARTICULAR PERSON applying for reinstatement. Comments which apply to “all the suspended persons” are not going to be taken anything like as seriously as comment which apply to THAT SPECIFIC PERSON, and the SPECIFIC CRITERIA for reinstatement.

I agree 100%. That’s why I advocate a published list of names of people who have applied for reinstatement. Then offer an opportunity for comment from the membership. Each case could then be weighed individually. For example, if the list came out and I had no strong feelings either way about 3, was opposed to 2, and supported reinstatement for 4, I could write individual letters stating my opinion on each case for which I have an opinion (pro or con).

I really don’t think there is such a thing as a general discussion about reinstatement. Each case is unique.

what is your point musu.

how would you find out? where is PVs barn anyway? i think i would like to sign, too.

Originally posted by Racetb:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>I can “forgive” those who voted for GW

You’re a better man than I am, Gunga Din. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, for my sanity, I had to. I’m married to one of them. Of course, it is my constitutional responsibility to cancel his vote every election…and I take that responsibility seriously!

Janet–EXACTLY!

Although the current system might be flawed, it is still the current system. Regarding the PV case, it is important to focus on working within the current system.

Then, if you think the system needs to be changed, wait until after the PV reinstatement hearings are over to work on those changes. There just isn’t time to accomplish both tasks before the PV reinstatement hearings begin.

Originally posted by sarabeck:
1.Paul valliere does not own a horse business and has not owned one since 1994 So he has not employed anyone.

So when he’s listed in thank you ads in COTH, it’s just because he’s a nice guy, right?