Unlimited access >

The "NO REINSTATEMENT" thread.

Shsmommy, I was thinking the exact thing. How old were you jrj in 1989 when all this was going on? Many of us on the BB were there riding and showing and getting our information firsthand, not hearing stories from other people years later. You are definitely entitled to your opinion but you shouldn’t be rude and disrespectful.

xegeba…I absolutely admire you for your very vocal opposition to slaughter and the callous way that we humans deal with “unwanted” animals. It’s appalling. There are many, many people who feel the same way that you do. When Congress overwhelmingly passed the slaughter bill recently, more Americans contacted their congressmen and representatives opposing slaughter than those oppossing the war in Iraq! There are a lot of people out there who share your beliefs and concerns. I hope that you contact your representatives, animal protection organizations, newspapers and anyone else who will listen to voice your care and concern. There’s a lot to be done and the animals NEED people like you to speak up for them We are their only voices. Good luck and many thanks!

Ãœberraschung, I await with a fascination I may truly describe as “boundless” your explanation as to how anyone’s marital status/number of offspring are relevant to the instant discussion.

HERE HERE SEVEN !!!

WE DO NOT KNOW whether he has yet applied. But it’s safe to assume he will.

War Admiral, why is it safe to assume that he will apply for reinstatement?

Originally posted by big dawg:
And Eric Lamaze has been caught three times for cocaine, and he is still in the sport–once he was either going into or coming out of Australia, I think, to/from a competition.

Doing Coke = Horse Killing?

I must be working off a different spectrum of harm and malice. In my view, harming oneself through an ADDICTION to drugs ranks a little lower than harming innocent animals for personal profit on the scale of perceived “bad-ness”. I fail to see the similarity between the cases. What’s the relevance of Lamaze?

I don’t think the previously mentioned lifetime bans by other federations of sport (some for taking performance enhancing drugs, some recreational) have much to do with the subject at hand. What these examples can show, however, is other federations’ willingness and ability to stick to their guns in the articulation and enforcement of rule and consequence, regardless of whether or not the decision to enforce is popular among the masses.

The fact that a Canadian rider has continued to ride for his federation (I assume) after multiple recreational drug infractions tells us nothing other than our neighboring Equestrian Federation has determined that the penalty for this rider’s behavior should be something less than a lifetime ban (let the penalty fit the crime, so to speak).

Whether this is an example of Canada establishing a lesser consequence (for a lesser infraction) and sticking to it (as I’m inclined to believe) OR tacitly permitting drug abuse, I’m not remotely knowledgable enough to say. However, in matters concerning the welfare of horses, OUR federation (the horses’ federation) needs to articulate clearly-- and uphold-- the penalty for those who are convicted of killing horses for profit. Other federations have doled out the same penalty for less heinous infractions-- certainly, the USEF should be able to do the same when the matter at issue is the life and welfare of the horses with which we compete.

LML

Off topic but I believe Victors number was either one digit or two digit

Personally, I would like to thank Dawg for consistently keeping this thread on page one. Reading his replies is like slowing down for a look at a car wreck. You feel uncomfortable looking but you just can not help yourself

another bump

Schyler, I’m with you. But not because of PV’s (Who I know by reputation only) actions of the past, but because what I see here amounts to a veiled attempt to influence the Hearing Committee, and deny PV his due process. Courts of law try to prevent “mob influence” by giving high profile defendants such protection as change of venue and voire dire in jury selection. You can be sure that when this issue comes before a Hearing Panel, all sides of the issue will be weighed…with public opinion being one of them. But I find it unbelievably mean spirited for a group of (well meaning) horse lovers to try to skew the process by inciting a moblike reaction.

I am as mushy about horses as any of you, and have a pasture full of old retired friends who serve no purpose, eat the most expensive, high protein soft gruel that can be concocted for their toothless enjoyment, and enjoy a nice warm stall at night ( that could be occupied by a useful saleable horse) to prove it. I cannot imagine killing a horse because of convenience. But, I also hope that I never reach a point where I feel that a person, who has “served his time”, displayed remorse, and who clearly has much to offer, should be denied a fair and impartial shot at the hearing process.

I really am not privy to all the facts of this issue…and neither are all

Thanks War Admiral for the clarification but what your saying is that paul valliere was suppose to stop trianing on his own property just because the horse show years later came out next door to him. That does not sound correct or a fault of valliere’s
also how is it you know for sure about the walkie talkies. You must have an inside source to be able to think you know about someones telephone conversations. Isn’t that illegal? Is your source going to go to the usef and testify in front of the hearing panel and show proof that your petition is correct. That’s going to be hard . And if paul was eligible almost two years ago and has no plans of trying to get back in why are you not going after people who abuse live horses to stop them. I think you would better serve the horse world that way instead of trying to get people excited about something that isn’t really happening. i am still trying to understand all this.it sounds like you are not servng your readers well or the horses that are alive right now that desperately need our help.

Read back a couple of pages to where I said any posts that were not nice, respectful, polite, and contributing to an adult discussion would be deleted.

Originally posted by HHG-N:
I am confused. Is the fact that he is “sorry” supposed to erase the fact that he is guilty???

NO! Not at all…hes is absolutely guilty as charged.

I will not ever dispute that, or condone the crime.

I just really wish that people would consider that this man made a huge mistake, and that he is SORRY for it.

I was there for the discussions and I believe they were allowed to participate to show their remorse; they would totally comply with no paticipation in horse shows. They needed to contribute in a way that showed their sincere remorse. At that time Jane Clark was President and intended for them to prove they had reformed that they were an example of exemplary behavior and good sportsmanship and that one mistake would never be repeated.

It was a well intentioned purpose to leave the door open in the conviction that it was a “moment of temprary insanity”. However, it was not intended that they tread the line and bend the rules to appear compliant. That started later and seemed to be accepted behavior so they felt encouraged.

I think it very good, very professional sounding. Doesn’t feel long to me when I was reading it. I would definately sign it. I just jogged my husbands memory on it. You don’t want to know what he said (Erin would have a fit!! LOL). He was shocked that it was not a lifetime suspension.

Oh, and Harry, not only is The Natural wandering around the farm, he is joined by Stetson (22), Espresso (28), Strike It Rich (21?), Yes I Will (21) and Mrs Waller’s last two homebreds who we took in when she died, as those two mares meant a great deal to her. They are both in their 20’s and we are proud to have them.

But C.Boylen you’re telling me that nobody cares!

I am? Where?

Originally posted by big dawg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Originally posted by Coreene:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Originally posted by big dawg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Originally posted by Coreene:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Originally posted by big dawg:
And Eric Lamaze has been caught three times for cocaine, and he is still in the sport–once he was either going into or coming out of Australia, I think, to/from a competition.

Oh please, like a little tootage is the same thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It amazes me that some of you think that breaking some laws are o.k.–but others are not…he got busted [arrested] 3 times. cocaine is a big problem in this and other countries…the USEF has suspended people because their horses tested positive for the drug and it is a prohibited substance.
Wow, you just want it Your Way, and have no logical point of view it appears. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey, airhead, do not put words in my mouth. If you would read for comprehension, you would see that my opinion is that snorting coke is not the same as having horses killed for insurance $$. Nowhere did it say that I thought it was okay to break any law. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but you think that it is a lesser crime than killing an animal…are you a vegand </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A) there is no such thing as a vegand, and it’s so stupid that I don’t think it will even make it into the COTHisms list
B) yes, I think that snorting coke is a lesser crime than killing an animal; I also think it is wrong to break the law, and I totally agree with Lamaze being banned for a time due to his drug use

Because its the legit posters who are the real problem.

Just so you all know, Erin is asking rhetorically - she already knows you people are going to make her close this thread (with or without me).

Thought someone your age would be out on a date. Isn’t friday nite date nite?

Nope. Sunday night is date night. Friday night is crash night, but the Olympics are on and I’m keeping my self awake on valentine candy .