Unlimited access >

The "NO REINSTATEMENT" thread.

Originally posted by Sherry3313 Groom of Winners Aefvue Farms:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Originally posted by anthem35:

A ‘real arguement’?

First of all, I despise arguing…

My only case is FORGIVENESS.

I just wish people would stop for one second, and take thier feet off this man’s neck long enough for him to BE SORRY.

You have to give people a CHANCE.

There is not one person on this board who hasn’t screwed upin some way in their life, and not been offered a chance to make amends.

Perhaps our mistakes werent as incomprehensible, or made public, but we have all been granted forgiveness at one point.

Try it folks…it makes YOU a better person.

First of all, he’s had about ten years to “Be Sorry”.

Second of all, you don’t personally know most of the people who post on this thread so you don’t know that ANY of us has screwed up in ANY way. I certainaly don’t appreciate YOU making this statement about ME as a poster on this BB, even in a general way. Can you spell S L A N D E R ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

S L A N D E R??

Yes, and I can read A N G E R …

No, i dont know everyone on this board, but I did assume we were all human…All Holy Souls and Saints are to be excluded from my aforementioned group.

Fuzzy, I am very much against Paul Valliere being welcomed back into the sport. With that said, I believe he WILL be reinstated, because the USEF is an “old boys club”. While I wish the petition would have an influence on the Hearing Committe, I do not believe it will.

I also find it very interesting that the Valliere supporters who preach forgiveness and compassion, in a moment’s notice turn contentious and petty. It seems to me that as long as their interests are being served, they are happy, but it does not suprise me because their ideas are molded and influenced by someone with that same line of thought. I can see how this discussion has degraded to what it is at times, opinion runs deep on both sides. In the end, a lot of people will be unhappy either way.

Just helping the dog out by bumping this up…

Big Dawg it’s simple there are good people and good people just don’t think the way you do! You have a very warped mentality. You might consider some serious treatment for you psychosis.

Can’t you see your problem? You defend those who fraudulently kill horses for money. And then you accuse honest folks of stealing money.
This is the second time you’ve made that accusation don’t you see it’s a pattern.

Fairview I don’t think this is a troll at all. I think this is a sick human needing help or a would be horse killer because he defends the action.

I don’t understand why it is so important to disclose a name. Reading this Robin is the only name posted.
I know many people have been topics on this BB for things they do…myself included. I have friends call and say “look what they said…”
I will not post my e-mail address so I can be attacked. I do not feel the need to name-drop or list other supporters so their integrity can be attacked.

Excuse me for being dense. Your opinion is such that the needless death of a helpless horse is insignificant? WAIT That was a stupid question, it was already answered.

OK, never mind.

Xegabea - who should we laugh at next?

Misty, I just read all that, and I am too stupid to understand. Give me a 90 IQ and a half cup of common sense and I will be fine.

There are some stewards on the BB. But, the ones I know are stewards haven’t been on this thread to my knowledge…(Can’t say that I blame them. )

I’m sure that is correct, Jane.

Feel free to send the petition my way too. I would agree that it should be applied to all who were convicted and suspended, not just PV. There were others who killed more horses and created more misery, so the playing field needs to be kept even.

I submit that if PV is allowed to be reinstated, then the precedent is set for others to be reinstated as well even Tommy Burns.

So let’s not make the petition about PV: he does have immense support. Let’s make it about doing what’s right instead of what’s easy.

Originally posted by Uberraschung:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Originally posted by twotrudoc:
I have been showing my whole life. Granted, not H/J, but I have been at all levels of showing in Morgans, QHs, and Paint. I never knew anything like this to be “just done”. We “did” a lot of drinking in the arena after the Morgan shows, but we “didn’t” kill our horses who didn’t place well for insurance money.

Honestly you guys, this went and goes on all the time. I definitely know of one very prominant case in the Morgan industry where one of the saddlebreds who was passed as a Morgan mysteriously died when sanctions made it so that the mare was supposed to be DNA tested…so it’s not a HJ phenomenon by any means.

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but whether you are aware of it or not, it does and has been happening all along. PV was unusual in that he got caught. I know of at least 10 others who weren’t and who many of you probably would never know that they did something like this (and indeed, they are mentioned on quite a few threads as honest, etc).

Just food for thought, although you probably won’t take it as such </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since you know that it is still going on, have YOU done anything about reporting these people to the authorities? Or are you one of those people that just doesn’t want to get involved? Step up to the plate…I’m sure your local FBI office would be interested in hearing from you…

All those factors drive the insurance industry up on everything. Including other material entities as well.

Pony breeder: incognito how?

Originally posted by ponybreeder Aefvue Pig Farm:
YOU don’t know??!!! (she faints dead away )

Thats right. I’ve never bothered to speak with a steward. I let my awesomeness speak for itself. Urging officials to intervene on their behalf has always been the refuge of the incompetent.

Originally posted by Boston Chicken:
If it were me and I needed to communicate about changes I had made in my life to change someone’s opinion of me I would consider a couple of things:

1. Consider writing an open letter to the Chronicle
  2. Work with one reputable reporter (not in the Palm Beach area but a solid daily paper - think Boston Globe or similar) to tell my story.

He would have to be willing to let it all hang out as it were. The good, bad and the ugly. It won’t end up being a glowing piece but it should be truthful and balanced. A powerful resulting story would be hard for him to read in the end.

As for its content, I, personally, would want to hear less about all his good deeds (I know he’s done some great things for animals recently) and more about the flawed decisions that led him to making the final decision in the first place. Then I would want some expression of understanding that he knows it’s going to take a leap for many people in the community to trust him again. That he intends to earn that trust every day in real, meaningful ways.

I absolutely believe in forgiveness though it’s hard for me to look at my horse (who is perfect in my eyes - and hey, you’ve met him, he’s pretty cute ) and understand the As, Bs and Cs that led to the kind of decision that Paul made. But, forgiveness is possible - at least in my mind.

Thank You for your open mind and excellent suggestions.

I truly respct someone who is willing to open up about what THEY need to see, and what they think might be a good place to start.

I will pass on your ideas…Thank You.

[quote]Is not the point of hiring someone to go to europe to avoid the culls?
so we don’t buy the culls? or we think we aren’t buying the culls… but we really are? they kill the culls? they kill less culls? Oh… they sell us the culls…and the ones that we don’t buy end up on the bistro table? Who knew, Muse? thanks a bunch.

War Admiral, I notice a lot of people are just signing names. I remember from signing the petition, that one could put name, state, number etc and choose all but name to stay anonymous. Are most people putting their USEF numbers anonymously?

So now people like Anthem that voice an opinion that PV is one of the best trainers around are in violation of the terms of his suspension? This is nutty. You may not like their choice in trainers but it’s not breaking any rule.

In poor taste; I apologize

[Deleted by moderator - sorry, that sort of allegation is not allowed]