Thoughts on "The Traveling Horse Witch?"

Oh. And a “bonus” in her course: Bonus: Equine Professional Business

Management

So ironic

12 Likes

$5k for 6 (presumably online) lessons, a certificate and some YouTube videos and private Facebook groups?

Good Lord. The horse industry really is insane sometimes.

24 Likes

I’ve stayed out of this thread but this is too good. However, I’m terribly sorry to inform you this is too close to my personal (Patent Pending) You Spooked At The Plastic On The Shavings Pallet So Now You Must Touch It method. And unluckily, I have chosen to charge by the letter​:rofl::rofl:

23 Likes

Just Wow.

I guess she’s banking on the old saw: “there’s a sucker born every minute.”

Yet it’s pretty reprehensible to prey on people this way. She is a real piece of (um) “work.”

8 Likes

Wrong is such a strong word when it comes to such subjective matters as basic arithmetic and other such esoteric matters :frowning: Try not to be so hard on yourself! The counting of months is HARD and the ability to do it correctly can only be accomplished by very, very learned people who profess to hold many, many degrees.

16 Likes

Dear God those classes are almost as much as one of my grad school classes. Are people actually really falling for this nonsense and paying that?? I’m almost in awe that she can get so many suckers to buy her BS. I’m so curious how someone like that gets to this point, of having basically a cult following. How do you con so many people into buying something that’s pretty worthless, and not for cheap? I can’t even get people to buy stuff I make :joy:

14 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

For the price of her lowest course, I could pay for four of my post-grad (Masters) classes, with a sizeable chunk for #5 remaining.

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

Jeez, I was JOKING about the levels, knowing that’s what MLM scams do. Lo and behold…

6 Likes

All jokes aside, this is exactly why I pay my body work & massage practitioner the big bucks. They’re part of a team with my farrier & vet and worth every single penny!

1 Like

I can say without offering too much information so as not to reveal myself. She won’t say it directly, but there is a lot of subtle (and at times not so subtle) emotional manipulation going on that incites one to stick their neck out to stand up for her. A sort of loyalty test, if you will. Her charisma is infectious, and it makes you want to be a part of the inner circle.

I could not wrap my head around the motivation behind this behavior until someone had mentioned upthread the parallels with MLM Hon behavior. The shoe fits and helps to detract from the other darker theories floating around (in regards to potential mental disorders of a darker nature).

7 Likes

Because everybody wants to be Diamond :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

One of my gigs is business management consultant and I absolutely, 100% tell my clients to do this and practice it myself.

I have only good clients because on the rare occasions that a client starts getting shitty with me, I tell them to move along somewhere else, immediately.

Clients are like investment horses: in your barn you will have the horse who is the no prep wonder, goes barefoot, never has a vet issue and your dead grandmother could ride it any day of the year. Then there’s the one that needs special shoes, 17 different supplements, and has the occasional spook that comes out of nowhere. The best business decision is to keep the first one and move the second one on down the road, and free up that stall for another horse who is going to be easy.

So I am all for keeping your ideal client in mind and moving the ones that don’t vibe down the road.

However, I do it by sending brief and courteous emails, such as “Thank you for sending me this contract, but I decline to represent this client on any further deals. Please let me know when an alternate seller’s attorney has been identified and I will forward all the materials to them.”

What I don’t do is write long Facebook posts complaining about specific clients, rile up my other clients in a mob, or have other clients threatening to doxx them in a Facebook chat group.

I also have the qualifications I claim to have. When you do a search for me in the state in which I claim to be active and licensed, I actually show up as active and licensed in that state. The gathered masses are more than welcome to google of I actually went to Cornell, because I actually went to (and graduated from, btw, since that apparently gets ‘massged’ as well these days) Cornell. Lex, knock yourself out.

Conversely if you call me about bookkeeping work and ask if I will help you with your taxes, I will tell you immediately that I will liaise with your CPA all day long and twice on Tuesday, or recommend one to you that I have worked well with in the past, but I am not a CPA myself and do not play one on TV.

If you call me about legal work and ask if I will help you with your estate planning, I say thank you very much for thinking of me but I specialize exclusively in residential real estate transactions and would not be the best choice for estate work, but here is my colleague who is excellent at it and will take good care of you.

Part of stocking with only your ideal clients is not pretending to have qualifications or experience that you don’t, because your ideal clients want you exactly as you are. That’s the second half (and in my opinion, the more important half) of “ideal”.

To my knowledge there are zero online bulletin boards on which disgruntled old clients -even the ones I’ve fired along the way- are sharing screenshots of me refusing to refund them or being unable to substantiate my own claims about my credentials. They’re not out there writing treatises on COTH about me, nor are my good clients gathered up in a Facebook group and being deployed (or self deploying) in my defense while $150 gets blown up into a 750+ post debacle on horse internet.

Who has time for it?
When I move a client along, I move them along and get them out of my bandwidth. Here’s a refund, here are all of your materials, where would you like me to courier your materials which I will happily pay for, off you go and I wish you the best.

And then I carry on, spending 100% of my bandwidth on the clients who have hired me to do exactly what I do and who like me exactly how I am.

Why these folks have spent this much bandwidth and drama on one client -out of apparently thousands- who didn’t work out, over $150, is absolutely beyond me.

27 Likes

@Kduplantis You apparently are the chosen one…

10 Likes

Energetic…what?

17 Likes

She is a Majickal Traveling Witch. Charismatic, there is a fabulous podcast called Something Was Wrong. Check it out.

9 Likes

Yes. She has made another serious mistake. That effectively identifies me. I’ve seen it. It’s saved in a file.

10 Likes

Also, because I am NOT the “only one,” just the one “who wouldn’t die.” It is 100% not about hnnafitty. It’s about lying, lack of professionalism, scamming, conning, Jim Jonesing, and theatrics. I am grateful to the person that sent me this forum. I didn’t know that for a year people had been talking about her sleight of hand. I am not a mean person. I don’t “need” my money back. I want her to cop to the reason I was removed. I want her SAY publicly: you questioned my credentials. You caught me. My bad. I couldn’t handle it so I covered it in MORE lies.
That won’t happen. So.

13 Likes

It’s easy to answer. I’m not a “client who didn’t work out”. I’m not the expensive, needy horse in the barn needing to be sent down the road. She is not an educated, honest professional. She is a scam artist that was caught. I caught her red handed in an egregious inflation of her credentials. Honest people act honestly (I am an equine photographer. I’ve had to gently help people find a different photographer, I get that). Dishonest people spend their lives covering up lies with more lies. :woman_shrugging:t3:

12 Likes

Many of us have been asking the same question, and everything you write is such a terrific example of what good business practice looks like, and what it most definitely is not.

I can’t help but question if the motive is purely to drum up press. Being mentioned in the media, even in the context of a scandal or controversy, can sometimes be considered beneficial to the subject because it brings publicity.

8 Likes