Unlimited access >

Thread for overweight riders

I used to ride in ordinary tights; looking for sticky now. :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll check those tights out regardless as I generally love Land’s End

How warm are the Themo Tech ones? Winter doesn’t come here very often and I don’t ride when she’s here :sweat_smile: How do you feel the sizing runs?

Do you have a favorite model?

Www.Leveza.ca for regular breeches are my current faves. For winter I am loving the double fleece ones from Sync Equestrian.

Both have full seats (silicone), huge stretchy thigh pockets, high weights, nice amount of compression, and fit my plus size shape really well.

1 Like

The Thermo Tech are not that heavy but they are fleecy on the inside, like a sweatshirt. I am a winter sissy and don’t ride when it’s really cold.

They have another one (Power Stretch, I think) that is what I would consider a true winter breech. They’re more like really heavy sweatpants. I have one pair, but decided quickly that if it was cold enough to need them, I probably wasn’t going to be riding anyway.

My Kerrits tights are all so stretchy that there is a lot of leeway in the sizing, but I would say they’re pretty true to size. I order the same size I would in a pair of knit pants.

1 Like

Thank you! The Thermo Tech sound like the right weight for winter for me too

Do you find the leveza sizing info on their site to be pretty accurate? They have some gray winter styled ones that are calling to me

The leggings are true to size and have a lot of stretch. Most of the breeches run a little bit small but not drastically.

1 Like

I really love the Freestyle, but they seem to run pretty big (or the pair I got are mismarked). And for summer the Flow Rise are really comfortable and have a higher-rise waist.

1 Like

I’m a size 18. I have 2 pairs of Curvy Mare breeches from Buckwild. I carry my weight in my spare tire. The breeches fit perfectly on my waist and hips. Enough thigh room to wear silk long underwear. However my calves are normal and the breeches are baggy in the calves. I don’t care because I don’t wear tall boots. Ample silicone on bum, legs and calves. In fact, one day my right leg got stuck dismounting and I got a mega mother bruise. Silicone and Wintecs….

2 Likes

Hugs to you!
Thank you for saying this!

I am also on psych meds which has contributed to weight gain.

One psychiatrist was determined to get me off my meds because of the weight gain side effects but I decided that I need the meds. My current psych is open to my being on a lesser dosage if I feel comfortable but he doesn’t pressure me.

Sending hugs

Zoloft was been the catalyst for my weight gain. I tried switching to other which don’t seem to have weight gain as a side effect, but they were not a good fit, so I opted for fat and mentally stable.

3 Likes