Unlimited access >

Too many concussions

It is just me here right now. No staff, and DH is away for work. Fortunately things are fairly quiet here - only 15 horses, and most on outside board.

I am actually feeling not bad today. Still not jumping, but light hacking on my two trustworthy horses is feeling ok. I had someone out to try the one less green mare, and I think she will work out to start exercising her a bit for me.

I am limiting my trips - fortunately most of my driving is quiet, familiar routes.

I just get frustrated/down sometimes, but my erratic temper is gone thankfully. I am more emotionally stable. I did just forget that erratic started with an “e”, but I think I need to exercise my brain a bit? Really hoping to see a neurologist soon.

I appreciate the concern - it may be warranted. I don’t know. Brains are tricky.

2 Likes

I truly understand the emotions! I slipped in late fall in the snow (didn’t even fall) and herniated a disk in my back. I’m only slightly younger than you, but the time off and the realization that such little nonsensical things could cause such immense damage darn near did me in. This is my profession as well, and I just couldn’t fathom a time when I’d need to NOT be at the barn. It was tough. I know, with age, it will happen again. I’m not looking forward to it but will hopefully be better prepared. Thoughts for you for a complete healing.

2 Likes

My slip and fall did the same to me… a sudden realization of how easy it is to get hurt. Its taken me quite a while to come to terms with it and be able to get on with my life.

2 Likes